Time Trial# 60: Speed 6 RM @ GP/D & 512BB @ Rome

The ferrari/rome combo is pretty interesting, fun to drive... managed to sneak in to 17high, with a 1:17,911 / 57pos. atm. The strange think is that i watched some of the top 10 replays, and i realise that i'm losing about .4xx just in the last right before start/finish... Where is it..?? :ouch:

Also enjoy the G37 dt, hit 7203p/3rd place, but already droped 15th... Very, very fun...

The sad think is that instead of watching nice things with the beast(c12) and the beauty(spa) with.. let's say, L-Shooter_RB26 hitting 35880... we are forced to watch (or not...) nonsense... 👎

The final couple of turns can make or break the lap... in my case, mostly break :lol:

Drift trials... not really a fan of the G37 as it doesn't seem to have enough torque to maintain a drift unless you stuff it in to the corner with loads of e-brake. The Spa one is lovely though... with a Speed 12 there's never a shortage of power or torque to drift even the shallowest corner :D

Not sure why PD haven't restricted DT's to RWD cars... I watched the #1 ranked replay the other night and it's a 50bhp FWD shopping trolley, fishtailing back and forth at 30mph whilst bouncing off the revlimter with the e-brake jammed on. Ridiculous.

As you say, a shame you can't watch one of the really good drifters in a RWD car as the top 10 is jammed full of knobs.

The final couple of turns can make or break the lap... in my case, mostly break :lol:

Drift trials... not really a fan of the G37 as it doesn't seem to have enough torque to maintain a drift unless you stuff it in to the corner with loads of e-brake. The Spa one is lovely though... with a Speed 12 there's never a shortage of power or torque to drift even the shallowest corner :D

Not sure why PD haven't restricted DT's to RWD cars... I watched the #1 ranked replay the other night and it's a 50bhp FWD shopping trolley, fishtailing back and forth at 30mph whilst bouncing off the revlimter with the e-brake jammed on. Ridiculous.

As you say, a shame you can't watch one of the really good drifters in a RWD car as the top 10 is jammed full of knobs.

Perhaps another patch is required.

IMO, Drift Trials are bound to have those kind of things. There should be a aesthetic rule to give more points to the "prettier" drifts, but you can't expect to see that happening anytime soon.

Improved to a 1'18.2 on Rome, went back to 5/5 brake balance and using abs 3.

Think (hope) I can break into the 1'17s by the deadline.

Know what you guys mean about losing time in the last corner - I was chasing one of the top 10 ghosts, and was 4 tenths back after sector 2 but by the line I was 1.1s off.

Two bottle of beer + two hours with Ferrari and result: 1:17:813 @ 42 Pos
i lose a lot of time in the last two sectors, especially in the last corner =(
Thx GTPskills for BB hint.
Also i'm feel myself like a cheater because i use TC 1 and AS strong in that race =)

Of course, but for myself it like a cheating.

Yea I know that feeling ;)

Regarding your sig, your English looks fine 👍
I remember I started to learn this language here, on GTPlanet, one year and a half ago :cheers:

The ferrari/rome combo is pretty interesting, fun to drive... managed to sneak in to 17high, with a 1:17,911 / 57pos. atm. The strange think is that i watched some of the top 10 replays, and i realise that i'm losing about .4xx just in the last right before start/finish... Where is it..?? :ouch:

Also enjoy the G37 dt, hit 7203p/3rd place, but already droped 15th... Very, very fun...

The sad think is that instead of watching nice things with the beast(c12) and the beauty(spa) with.. let's say, L-Shooter_RB26 hitting 35880... we are forced to watch (or not...) nonsense... 👎

i also have 7203 :)

Denied
Two bottle of beer + two hours with Ferrari and result: 1:17:813 @ 42 Pos
i lose a lot of time in the last two sectors, especially in the last corner =(
Thx GTPskills for BB hint.
Also i'm feel myself like a cheater because i use TC 1 and AS strong in that race =)

You are welcome...;-)

I lose all of my time in the same place. The last turn is what gets me, it's difficult to keep the car under control at corner exit with the DS3 but it's doable. I like trying to show people that it's possible to be really quick with a controller. Although in some situations the wheel is quicker for me. I've gotten as high as 4th with the wheel and 2nd with a controller. :) Best of luck on your quest for that first top 10. 👍

I'll likely never have a wheel and I use the buttons on a controller, that is unlikely to ever change.

One thing I find is a problem sometimes is when correcting in a fast turn.

With a wheel (I'm assuming it's the same as if in a real car) you can hold the amount of turn without increasing or decreasing it until ready to turn the opposite way in whatever degree considered necessary.

One doesn't let the wheel go completely when turning the other way or applying opposite lock.

With the buttons though one must let go completely while moving the thumb to the other button, and in fast turns a whole lot can happen in that fraction of a second.

I am not complaining about the buttons, I fully accept their limitations and have always used them and will continue to do so, just pointing out that (crucial) difference between them and a wheel.

It may not be an issue when using the paddles as there is no letting go when changing direction, but it's far too late in the piece for me to start using them now.

Old dog, new tricks...............

Dalone
I'll likely never have a wheel and I use the buttons on a controller, that is unlikely to ever change.

One thing I find is a problem sometimes is when correcting in a fast turn.

With a wheel (I'm assuming it's the same as if in a real car) you can hold the amount of turn without increasing or decreasing it until ready to turn the opposite way in whatever degree considered necessary.

One doesn't let the wheel go completely when turning the other way or applying opposite lock.

With the buttons though one must let go completely while moving the thumb to the other button, and in fast turns a whole lot can happen in that fraction of a second.

I am not complaining about the buttons, I fully accept their limitations and have always used them and will continue to do so, just pointing out that (crucial) difference between them and a wheel.

It may not be an issue when using the paddles as there is no letting go when changing direction, but it's far too late in the piece for me to start using them now.

Old dog, new tricks...............

Yeah im the same, have always used the buttons - never got to grips with the sticks.

They do have limitations though like you said, not really being able to hold a precise steering angle and making small corrections are more difficult - that's why I miss tuning as you could set it up to help slightly.

I find tracks with quick direction changes like autumn ring and Madrid I do better in.

They can be competitive though - im pretty sure BSwaggis had a top 10. And in this tt easy_or_easy has a 1'17.8 with the buttons.

What gt does with the pressure sensitive buttons helps - with the f1 games I find the x button is either on or off lol. No chance of holding mid-throttle through the corners or progressive braking.

At dawn today, was trying to improve my time with the 512BB and since it had managed to climb to the position 880, the server went down for maintenance. FAIL! I think they should make a meme about this.

What gt does with the pressure sensitive buttons helps - with the f1 games I find the x button is either on or off lol. No chance of holding mid-throttle through the corners or progressive braking.

100% agree 👍 My life has changed when I switched from GT2 to GT3 especially for that. And more again from GT4 to GT5P :)

You have to slide the car around to get it pointing in the right direction on corner exit. Try adjusting brake bias to 4:6 like someone mentioned earlier so you can get the rear end to slide out more.

I don't have real life experience in race cars with this much power but if someone who does can enlighten us on what it's like to set a quick time in a car like this in real life vs. what's happening on the game that would be great (if what I read about motorsport is anything to go by these are most similar to the turbo F1 cars of the '70s).

TVR:

Does brake bias 4:6 mean: Front: 4 / Rear: 6 ?

This is also true for driving without abs ?

Ive tried it, but its so difficult to 1. Brake 2. Turn In
So it doesent matter to get a smooth slide or a clean line ...

Iam using Front: 6 / Rear: 4 and try to get the "slide" with "shifting down the last gear without double cluch"

Last edited:
I've finally found more time to take Rome seriously and I'm down to a 1:17.542 for P18. I've beaten the 1st place ghost in T1 a few times and can keep up very well in T2. T3 has been a hit or miss sector for me and that's where I usually ruin my laps.

I might try Nurburgring again tomorrow. I know a 1:35.6 is possible there and it took me a while to figure out how that thing behaves under braking. It's almost impossible to get that turn in that I usually can get under braking.

Join the WRC. We have weekly time trials as well as weekly races.

Ah, the WRS. I've been snoopin' around those fourms for many months now and I'm quite curious to know how well I'd do there. I'd hope to be at least in D2 Gold or better if I did the qualifier. I've seen you do pretty well recently. :)

Cb
Same guy * 3 in top ten....

How would you know if it's the same exact guy? I know two of them are pretty obvious, Raptors_Lucas probably has at least 6 accounts that he does TTs with. I have zero respect for that guy because of that. 👎 I seriously doubt that PBonelli and Lucas are the same person though, and same with GT_GRANFER100-PR.

@Doodle: Yea, depends on the track tho. There's a few tracks that I have spent alot of time on therefore I can almost drive them in my sleep while there are others that I haven't spent much time on at all and really struggle at the beginning of the week.

You should seriously think about joining. Its alot of fun and you end up learning a whole lot also. Alot of very helpful members there. I wouldn't trade my time there for anything and its about the only reason why I keep playing GT5. Have made many friends there also. So yea Doodle, you should join. Good times.

Rome is giving me a headache...
Knowing that i have good T1 & T2, gave it a run looking for some improvement at T3, especially at last corner...
Finally, managed to improve T1 & T2 and lose even more at T3... aaAAAh... :banghead:
1:17,786 my time.

Ah, the WRS. I've been snoopin' around those fourms for many months now and I'm quite curious to know how well I'd do there. I'd hope to be at least in D2 Gold or better if I did the qualifier. :)

If you put a decent effort in to the qualifier you'd be D1 silver/gold given how competitive you are in TT's 👍

If you put a decent effort in to the qualifier you'd be D1 silver/gold given how competitive you are in TT's 👍

You really think I can get that high up in D1? :) I'm flattered by that but I'm not sure if I can get that high up. I'm just awful at the Nurburgring.

Yes, I do... depending on the car/track you're as fast as I am so you clearly have the outright pace.

And if you can learn other tracks you can learn 2 sections of the 'Ring 👍

You really think I can get that high up in D1? :) I'm flattered by that but I'm not sure if I can get that high up. I'm just awful at the Nurburgring.

Its just sectors at least, its not like doing a full lap, i also think you can get D1 silver at least, go ahead its a great way to improve no matter the skills we have! :)

Yes, I do... depending on the car/track you're as fast as I am so you clearly have the outright pace.

And if you can learn other tracks you can learn 2 sections of the 'Ring 👍

Its just sectors at least, its not like doing a full lap, i also think you can get D1 silver at least, go ahead its a great way to improve no matter the skills we have! :)

Thanks guys for giving me confidence. I'm working on the qualifier right now. :) My GTP_Account is GTP_doodle-96 if you guys or anyone else wants to add me :)

I really hope to see you in D1 because I would'nt need to fight with you in the WRS TT's since I'm D2 :)

Back