Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,360 comments
Hola chaps - serious life issues have dominated the last week, but I was pleased to collect my Cr.4M for RBR and Catalunya, and get back behind the wheel last night. Tsukuba went from 61.8 to a 61.6 at 2.2%… there are a couple more tenths there potentially, but frankly I’m not sure I have the patience or interest to grind it out given I’m probably safely in Gold.

Moved to the ‘Ring though and had a bunch of fun!! I’ll admit I was a little skeptical at the start, but quickly got into the swing of things and worked down from a 7:55 to a 7:52 and finished on a 7:50.x to squeeze into gold. Target for me is a 7:48 I think based on optimal sectors, and I still have some work to do from Pflanzgarten through to Dottinger-Hohe to clean up my lines and gear selection. I don’t see another 6 seconds in my lap time, so will miss out on the certificate, but I’m definitely enjoying the challenge. Crack on!

Improved the Ring a little bit, judging by some sectors and some laps that I unfortunately invalidated - certificate time is possible, but I will have to literally put together THE perfect lap, it's doable, but it will be a push and a half.

SHARE_20230930_0824361.jpeg

Also gave Tsukuba couple of more laps with some top ghosts

SHARE_20230930_0824340.jpeg

Goal at the end will for sure be - 7:44.8xx and 1:00.xxx :)

I know I said I wouldn't go back to it right away, but I wanted to lower my time at Tsukuba using higher gears. There was some improvement, but I have no clue how some of you run sub 1:01. Even a perfect lap won't get me under that time. I'll probably come back a day before the TT finishes because I know I'll be back out of the top 1,000 by then. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if I was out by tomorrow. :lol:
IMG_2421.jpg

I presume you mean only for the community scoreboard? Might be worth first checking how many of the 75 or so of us are under 18; I suspect it is not many.

Or did you mean something else?
Yes for community scoreboard.
What I mean we have a count of TTs, which is now up to 46 if I remember correctly inclusive Olympic one.
We are supposed to play only on one now, depending on age, either Nordschliefe or Suzuka.
You have list of people that golded all as example. How will that be counted now if some people play on one of current challenges and some people play on both regardless age?

Just wondering what are your thoughts on how you will list these two, thinking if it will look like I missed one, maybe to play wrong age one too?

I have no clue how some of you run sub 1:01. Even a perfect lap won't get me under that time. :lol:
I just go to maybe 80-90% of gas pedal for much longer time than I usually do so I don't get wheel spin and go to 100% first after a second or so out of corners.

Yes for community scoreboard.
What I mean we have a count of TTs, which is now up to 46 if I remember correctly inclusive Olympic one.
We are supposed to play only on one now, depending on age, either Nordschliefe or Suzuka.
You have list of people that golded all as example. How will that be counted now if some people play on one of current challenges and some people play on both regardless age?

Just wondering what are your thoughts on how you will list these two, thinking if it will look like I missed one, maybe to play wrong age one too?
I think I see what you mean. The way I think I should deal with it is to only show those TTs most people could enter. I'm sort of doing that already by default by not showing results of regional TTs such as the recent US Porsche one.

On that basis it would make sense to exclude the Suzuka one, which only people under 18 can enter.

Happy to take views but suspect that may be the simplest solution. Might reflect again on it in the morning, when I will be less full of Malbec and Sauternes!

Which makes my old school use of the 'X' button for gas that much more difficult. 80-90% throttle is hard to pull off with that method.
I have wheel and pedal but I still Hulk smash the throttle, even though I’m trying to imagine an egg underneath. It’s probably best to just up shift sooner.

My pedals are Fanatec V3 and I just got around to installing the brake performance kit after 5 years. That made a huge difference then I cut one of the urethane bits down and used it to shorten the throttle pedal throw. So I am still getting used to the amount applied but it’s so much better.

Last edited:
I think I see what you mean. The way I think I should deal with it is to only show those TTs most people could enter. I'm sort of doing that already by default by not showing results of regional TTs such as the recent US Porsche one.

On that basis it would make sense to exclude the Suzuka one, which only people under 18 can enter.

Happy to take views but suspect that may be the simplest solution. Might reflect again on it in the morning, when I will be less full of Malbec and Sauternes!
I wonder if you are able to get a full results for Suzuka at all. These seem to be locked on the leaderboard in game (no country or nickname is shown - basically just position and time).

Did a 30 min session at Nurburgring last night after a few drinks - I think it helped me relax in that last sector 😂

A couple of tips for those who are close - run 4th gear pretty much every corner, and for most of the corners it seemed better to throw it in and let the rear slide rather than trail braking into the apex.

Good luck legends! You have plenty of time to get there!

5C158916-4CB2-40CE-9921-F7511FE1B2C6.jpeg

After neglecting the game for several weeks, I actually bothered with the time trials. Thankfully, none of them were extremely difficult and I didn't go mad trying to beat the gold times. The hardest one for me was probably the Group 3 time trial at Dragon Trail Seaside, where I kept whacking the inside of the ripple strips and unsettling my car. I tried the AMG GT3 for my first few attempts before switching to the 911 RSR, where I ended up doing a 1:38.761. The Honda on the Nurburgring was fun believe it or not, even though I made a few silly errors trying to put a clean lap together. My time was nothing special at 7:50.108. The Tsukuba time trial was easy peasy, mostly owing to the knowledge I have of the track. I got under the gold time very quickly with a 1:01.775.

Yesterday evening I did a quick 3 German laps and found some time again but still very sloppy, altho went from 48.0 to 47.2.
This morning tried again, and was ahead of my 0.6 front ghost multiple times in the middle sectors, but always made a mistake 🤣🤣

18aea031b9a93-screenshotUrl.jpg

Was not happening this morgen, stress, frustration and a FWD Civic at the Ring is not the best combo 🤣

How is the old lady doing there @Dan_Tes ?

Last edited:
Tsukuba is extremely easy, I didn't bother trying to optimize my laps.
1000015577.jpg

Suzuka is also not difficult, I just did 4 or 5 laps tops, I LOVE the civic, the way it behaviors, even the way it looks.

1000015578.jpg

It's a shame it's SO expensive here, even with its normal hybrid engine (~180hp). I would have seriously considered it as my new daily if the price was fair (I live in France, the normal civic starts at around 39k €, and the type R starts at 67k€ with taxes...... :/ ).

Now time to go at the nurb !

Last edited:
Is this Honda TT at the Ring like the others, i.e. the times are tiered and you get gold, silver or bronze or do you have to make that 7:44? Just asking before I go through the tedium of answering the Qs for Honda so I can enrol! :)

Oops! Never mind, I just looked at the screenshots and if you make 8:23 you get bronze (as things stand) - will give it a go.

Last edited:
I still don't get the idea of the different TT and age thing, do you guys just enter a valid age and do both??
Feels kind of off to say I'm 16 before I could enter.....

Credit-wise I can't bother that much....
I have only done Suzuka at the moment but I'm 32 and it didn't give me an option for any age over 15-17 so I had to go into the U17 group just to do it 😔

I still don't get the idea of the different TT and age thing, do you guys just enter a valid age and do both??
Feels kind of off to say I'm 16 before I could enter.....

Credit-wise I can't bother that much....
I have only entered the Challenge Class, I'm not U17, so it would feel wrong to enter that one, even with silver and 1 mill on the table.

Last edited:
Something I just noticed that I found quite funny: the RCR TT already has roughly the same amount of entries in 3.5 days as the TT a couple of months back at Streets of Willow (also in a SEMA car) had in its full two weeks.

People really dislike the smaller Willow Springs layouts, huh.

Well the Civic at Tsukuba was pretty easy, hopefully the gold will stick

18aeb8c023693-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_434218480264784_1696165938534.jpg

Took a shot at Dragon Trail in the Supra, currently at 1:40.808 after 2 smacks of the chicane, 2 scrapes on the way in and 1 on the way out.

I think I can gold it but I'm just not feeling this one to put anymore effort into it.

Suzuka only just is currently gold at 2:26.496 after 8 laps, may give it another shot again at some point.

And the green hell... Not sure if I have the patience with the limited time I get on the PS4. I love the track but just don't want to plough so much time into it, may just give it a go and not push just to get a bronze at least.

Back