Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,360 comments
Man this Civic Nord TT is fun :cheers: did some laps today, well quite many, but whos counting?

43.6 atm kept getting faster, but had limited time to play. Will go back for sure. :)

Must say thou, first few laps were like "what the hell everybody is saying? This car was supposed to be good?"
After few laps hunting holl01's ghost got how this car needs to be driven.
So happy hunting! :gtpflag:

Fortunately '4' is not the only way :) I managed beat the '44.8' using the '3'... ;)

Fourth gear didn't seem fun to me... :sly: (7:44.717).
Trying to keep 4 speed as much as possible is the key! watch the replays of the best you will see ;)
What is the idea behind using longer gears? Saving the time it takes to change gears? // not spinning when exiting the corner? // not losing speed with shorter gear, losing momentum?...

What is the idea behind using longer gears? Saving the time it takes to change gears? // not spinning when exiting the corner? // not losing speed with shorter gear, losing momentum?...
You can use 3rd to brake and turn the car better but when exiting before accelerating you put 4th to avoid wasting time changing! and you will have more top speed because you went into 4th gear earlier!

if you don't have a good trajectory you have the impression of lagging behind in 4th but when you start to have the right trajectory and maintain good speed it really starts to make the difference with 4th!

Last edited:
Certificate licked!

kitten-licks-screen-kitten.gif

18af086da0757-screenshotUrl.jpg

There are plenty of places where I had to catch the car. Definitely can improve... possibly into the 43s.

Oh dear, starting to wish I hadn't answered all those questions to get into the Ring TT. I'm embarrassingly wide of the mark, and no idea where I can gain the (massive) time to get into bronze. My only solace is that I did convey to Honda that the only product I've bought from them is a lawnmower...... 🤣

Last edited:
As a 44 year old man, I feel no need to compete with the younger generation. Both for ego and just sensibility reasons.

I have no problems placing low in our boards but have no desire to get in the way of some children trying to do the best they can in a game im trying to do the best I can and they are. I'm personally not gonna put myself ahead of a few children.

Not my thing.
Nobody steals a kid's place because in the end only the real Japanese kids will be called.

The fact is that maybe even some under 17 go crazy for the nordschleife and being a minor can not participate in the TT of The Green Hell

I would have opened both TTs to everyone and then based on age I called the eligible.

A bit like the TT of the Olympics where everyone participated and then based on nationality they selected only the first x of different nationalities.

Nobody steals a kid's place because in the end only the real Japanese kids will be called.

The fact is that maybe even some under 17 go crazy for the nordschleife and being a minor can not participate in the TT of The Green Hell

I would have opened both TTs to everyone and then based on age I called the eligible.

A bit like the TT of the Olympics where everyone participated and then based on nationality they selected only the first x of different nationalities.
I know and it's not that massive of deal in reality. Apart from beating the world record it's not largely participating with my peers which is the main reason I'm not that bothered to enter.

I finished this day on a good note on Dragon Trial with the Mercedes-AMG GT3 but I'm a little angry 😡😡. Even if I improved my time by 00'017, I have an optimal time of 1'38'664 !!!!
Pffff why isn’t the optimal time taken into account ??? 🤣🤣 PD what are they waiting for to change that !!!!! 🤣🤣
Anyway, there are still a few days left to improve this and since I have a good time on Tsukuba (1'01'307).
This will give me time to tame the Ring and the Honda because I am very, very far from the gold medal with a time of 7'59'098. But this very beautiful circuit is quite hard for me and with a car that I find difficult to use at its maximum.

Man this Civic Nord TT is fun :cheers: did some laps today, well quite many, but whos counting?

43.6 atm kept getting faster, but had limited time to play. Will go back for sure. :)

Must say thou, first few laps were like "what the hell everybody is saying? This car was supposed to be good?"
After few laps hunting holl01's ghost got how this car needs to be driven.
So happy hunting! :gtpflag:
So you chose a plebs ghost to chase😅.

My goal is to drive a 37 by the end of the Time Trial, problem is I can't do the opening 5 sectors consistently fast.

Very fun time trial though, the car suits the track nicely.

So you chose a plebs ghost to chase😅.

My goal is to drive a 37 by the end of the Time Trial, problem is I can't do the opening 5 sectors consistently fast.

Very fun time trial though, the car suits the track nicely.
My car kept honking the horn to your ghost, but it just didint wait for me. 😄
I just love that over rew beep. So nice to hear.

Super lap friend, no need to get faster. Gives me some hope to catch you 😂😂

Come on...what are you waiting for? Christmas? Crack whip 🤣🤣🤣

FWIW....I was over driving the car. End up having to catch it and losing time all over the place. Calmed myself down, braked a tinny little bit earlier ..and it made a huge difference.
🤣🤣 maby tomorrow morning, I have kind of limited time, and 7.4 minutes for 1 lap doesnt help 🤣 plus the laps I did were........yeah....next question.... 🤣🤣

I hope I'll get it done before Christmas 🤣🤣

I find it difficult to see where you make up the time compared to my effords, did you save it?, can I follow the famous Muffin? 🤣
Having a hard time translate the following cam to the bumper ( I drive bumper view)

I know I can do it...... just need one good session.....no cats.....no stress...... 🤣🤣

🤣🤣 maby tomorrow morning, I have kind of limited time, and 7.4 minutes for 1 lap doesnt help 🤣 plus the laps I did were........yeah....next question.... 🤣🤣

I hope I'll get it done before Christmas 🤣🤣

I find it difficult to see where you make up the time compared to my effords, did you save it?, can I follow the famous Muffin? 🤣
Having a hard time translate the following cam to the bumper ( I drive bumper view)

I know I can do it...... just need one good session.....no cats.....no stress...... 🤣🤣
I shared the replay. Look for "muffintop" in showcase :D

Last edited:
You can use 3rd to brake and turn the car better but when exiting before accelerating you put 4th to avoid wasting time changing! and you will have more top speed because you went into 4th gear earlier!

if you don't have a good trajectory you have the impression of lagging behind in 4th but when you start to have the right trajectory and maintain good speed it really starts to make the difference with 4th!
That makes a lot of sense, thank you!!!!

Substantial improvement at Dragon Trail.
RSR is the car to go for me here.

TT-DragonSeaside-almost.jpg

Barely into gold. I got some "fluke" laps with super grippy exits I am now unable to replicate.
And the chicane, yes, done it properly fast two times: one was very good and the other "ok" and ofcourse the latter features on my fastest lap.

Not holding my breath on this one, they will improve.

Latest Posts

Back