Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,361 comments
Showcase -> Look for content, liveries, and tick the box to search for current car (being in the Roadster) and you have it.

Surprised you do not already know that, or I misunderstood what you are looking for.
Thanks my friend.
I'll check this later but my knowledges about liveries is very poor (like my driving skills).
Based on your reply, I understand we can apply any livery to any car, right?

Thanks my friend.
I'll check this later but my knowledges about liveries is very poor (like my driving skills).
Based on your reply, I understand we can apply any livery to any car, right?
Yep but some are modifiable, others no (but you can apply them either way) and some apply to wide bodied cars.

Plus it may cost you money, if the livery editor used parts or paints you do not possess already.

Last edited:
Yep but some are modifiable, others no (but you can apply them either way) and some apply to wide bodied cars.

Plus it may cost you money, if the livery editor used parts or paints you do not possess already.
I've tested one for the 190 (cost some money but nothing serious) but I didn't knew we could also add to any other car...
I'll test it, thanks so much for learning me something new :)

I've tested one for the 190 (cost some money but nothing serious) but I didn't knew we could also add to any other car...
I'll test it, thanks so much for learning me something new :)
you can for all cars, too bad the search engine is so lame, lack filters and options... you can input keywords at random to refine when there are dozens of pages, but it is not very efficient (would be cool to be able to filter on colors, brands, fictionnal or real...

you can for all cars, too bad the search engine is so lame, lack filters and options... you can input keywords at random to refine when there are dozens of pages, but it is not very efficient (would be cool to be able to filter on colors, brands, fictionnal or real...
yeah, I clearly imagine that this is not the most "user friendly" point of the game... :sly:

If you ever run out of video idea...please consider doing some driving techniques videos. Anything from finding the racing line to how to release the brakes during trail braking. I'm sure a lot of us here would love to know how a top player do all tjese so effortlessly!
@Tidgney has done that and it is excellent.

Mission 1:18 club accomplished :gtpflag:

1708799397189.png

There should even be another 10th or so, I had better first sectors. Either way, I'm very happy for now!

Here's the lap, for anyone who's interested. Also available in game.

Hi,

I am still "bedding in" the new wheel, wheel base and pedals. That said - I am astounded by the improvements I am beginning to find. Everything generated by the game is now being transmitted to my hands. I am having sooooo much fun here!

Got the Mercedes into the 1:53:xxx's now at Dragon. I can manage to get the three left handed corners, just about right, just about one in ten attempts. When I do get it just right, I fluff the rest of the lap by thinking just how much I enjoyed getting three corners right! Aaarrrggghhhhh!!!

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Happy birthday and anniversary Tidg! Many thanks for all the time trial guides you did. You certainly helped dragging me from a barely silver player to now with occassional top 100.

If you ever run out of video idea...please consider doing some driving techniques videos. Anything from finding the racing line to how to release the brakes during trail braking. I'm sure a lot of us here would love to know how a top player do all tjese so effortlessly!
100% second this message, the guide-guys are not getting enough credit, like you said, it's bizar how a lot of us, including myself have grown by watching those videos.

And man this one is so frustrating!...
It's in there!, but when I have a good S1 (27.9xx) ill have a bad S2....somewhere is the high 49.2 or low 49.3.....but I'll have a last turn, that's pure po*n.....

Then when I finally hit a high .1xx on S2 .....that last turn is cursed 😂😂

But it's in there! 😡🤪🤪

1000017520.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, finally!!! Persistence pays off this time at Dragon Trail. I was balls out all the way from the multi-lefthander (where my tires never stopped squealing :lol:) to the hairpin. I kinda missed the first apex of the chicane, but the rest was good enough. I was starting to lose my mind because I had one lap where I ran a .578 first sector, which was by far the best I've ever gotten through there, and had at least two laps where I was at a .1xx and multiple .2's through sector 2 only to blow it the final sector every time.
IMG_2907.jpg

And I have my revenge (until the you-know-whos put in faster times before the TT ends next week). :P
IMG_2908.jpg

Yes, finally!!! Persistence pays off this time at Dragon Trail. I was balls out all the way from the multi-lefthander (where my tires never stopped squealing :lol:) to the hairpin. I kinda missed the first apex of the chicane, but the rest was good enough. I was starting to lose my mind because I had one lap where I ran a .578 first sector, which was by far the best I've ever gotten through there, and had at least two laps where I was at a .1xx and multiple .2's through sector 2 only to blow it the final sector every time.
View attachment 1331279

And I have my revenge (until the you-know-whos put in faster times before the TT ends next week). :P
View attachment 1331280

Nice!! Wel deserved mate!
I haven't toutch DT anymore and I'm not going too, so from my side you are save and have beaten me fair and square 💩😂😂

yeah, I clearly imagine that this is not the most "user friendly" point of the game... :sly:
Even easier...

Change into the car you want a livery for and head to GT Auto.

When you're in the 'customise car' section go all the way to the right to the 'Load Style' option and then select the 'content search' option and it will show all liveries for that specific car and you can apply it straight from there without having to save them from the showcase first 👍🏻 plus this gives you a better look at it on your car.

If you want to search with keywords though, I would recommend doing that on a computer or phone as the results are much better on the website than in game.

Last edited:
Seeing everyone enjoying the new TT. I think I'll move on from DTG, I'm pretty satisfied with my time there.

So time to hop in the Deuce!

I only planned on doing about 10 laps, but I was having a lot of fun. Pushed it a little longer. No ghosts other than my own. No lap guides or anything. Pretty pleased with my results.

18ddc8239cd60-screenshotUrl.jpg
18ddc828aa865-screenshotUrl.jpg

I wonder how much quicker I can get!

Day one with the Roadster for me. This time trial is a great combo. I was skeptical at first about the enjoyment factor, but once you get into in, the laps just keep on giving. I still don't know how to take turn 1 and the final turn. I just brake, close my eyes and hope for the best 🤣

18ddcd1982416-screenshotUrl.jpg

Happy birthday and anniversary @Tidgney.
Thanks for all the guides.
Caught a bit of your Tipsy Tidge stream last week.. Had me laughing.

First, I thank a lot my friend @Lomic for his invaluable help on "How to find liveries for dummies".
I've selected the "Road Runner", close to the landscape of the TT and close to my nickmane "rattlesnake" given by @smoothbore12, my favourite Greek traitor :)

1708808647346.png

Speaking about the race, I had a very unconsistent session tonight. Many red laps, many low scores laps, and in middle of all this crap, some very promissing sectors.

Damned, this last turn is real killer...

Once, I was -0.6xx just before this turn :dopey: and I totally butchered it and finished at +0.2xx... :banghead:
Few laps after, I was 0.0xx before this damned turn and... finished at -0.4xx.... 🥰

1708808696672.png

Finally, it's another improvement here and I'm back below the 2% - My driver ranking is just... amazing!
No doubt, this is another scientific evidence about the livery effect on our performances ;) !!

1708808853455.png

Sector 1: 28.319
Sector 2: 21.518
Sector 3: 29.556

As usual, the replay... bla bla bla ....

1708809537966.png

My new optimal is now 1:19.202.
So, I'll keep pushing!!!

Hopefully this TT never stops 😍

Great times in the new Tt, cheers to you all!

I'm quite fed up with the Mercedes tt. It's so frustrating, particularly the fact that the long in lap results in redding to many laps.

I'm stuck 0.2s in the silver, possibly ending up losing it, but really I'm done with it.

I had a try of the ford one, looks promising, i will dedicate to it

First, I thank a lot my friend @Lomic for his invaluable help on "How to find liveries for dummies".
I've selected the "Road Runner", close to the landscape of the TT and close to my nickmane "rattlesnake" given by @smoothbore12, my favourite Greek traitor :)

View attachment 1331327

Speaking about the race, I had a very unconsistent session tonight. Many red laps, many low scores laps, and in middle of all this crap, some very promissing sectors.

Damned, this last turn is real killer...

Once, I was -0.6xx just before this turn :dopey: and I totally butchered it and finished at +0.2xx... :banghead:
Few laps after, I was 0.0xx before this damned turn and... finished at -0.4xx.... 🥰

View attachment 1331328

Finally, it's another improvement here and I'm back below the 2% - My driver ranking is just... amazing!
No doubt, this is another scientific evidence about the livery effect on our performances ;) !!

View attachment 1331332

Sector 1: 28.319
Sector 2: 21.518
Sector 3: 29.556

As usual, the replay... bla bla bla ....

View attachment 1331337

My new optimal is now 1:19.202.
So, I'll keep pushing!!!

Hopefully this TT never stops 😍
Congratulations " rattlesnake " hopefully you made a big improvement on this .
I made a bit and my self securing for good the gold on this one .
My worst turn is the last right before starts the full throttle sector.
I am wide or red....... scalp .

Been a busy few days since this TT dropped (was at a TesseracT gig on Thurs and drove a 320 mile round trip to spend 20 seconds looking at an Impreza that was definitely NOT as advertised, and went to a friend's 3 year olds party which was the toughest part of it all haha)...

Just done my session on stream. Finished 44th (cultLH checking in) on a 1:18.521. Opt was in the .3xx range... hopefully have chance to revisit this one.

Even easier...

Change into the car you want a livery for and head to GT Auto.

When you're in the 'customise car' section go all the way to the right to the 'Load Style' option and then select the 'content search' option and it will show all liveries for that specific car and you can apply it straight from there without having to save them from the showcase first 👍🏻 plus this gives you a better look at it on your car.

If you want to search with keywords though, I would recommend doing that on a computer or phone as the results are much better on the website than in game.
But dang it I can no longer add my drivers name to the roof pillar. I know that there used to be a way.

I watched your lap. It's interesting how AT keeps you locked in 3rd throughout the whole lap (except for a few seconds around turn 4), and you're still within reach of 1:18.x. Really shows how smooth your lines are! Keep going!
I’ve noticed that all of the CE examples are done with automatic transmission

Back