Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,386 comments
Should be enough for that one !!

1000020189.jpg

And "Vive la france !"

1000020190.jpg

Can’t say I enjoy this combo. RBR is one of my least favorite circuits and the GSR I think is like driving a boat. I’m not much of a road car fan, one that seams to randomly decide to switch between wheel locking/sliding understeer to pavement grabbing self over steer.

I think I spent more laps invalidated/good lap than the Brathurst TT. Though ultimately the gold came much much quicker.

IMG_7871.jpeg

Now I’ve got to suffer this again on my uk account.

Last edited:
@crome i have a feeling you can rest easy on the Roadster TT, i haven't found the time yet and will be away for a long weekend with my GF 😁

In other news, the new TT looks fun carwise, guess that will make up for the track. Will give it a spin after the weekend!

Nah....I think we are done here 🤪

Have to show off my Simon's cat livery....stupid youtube icon blocked the sticker.

:lol: :lol: i was seriously thinking of putting that cat on mine yesterday, but only got the outlined one in my items and wasn't that great on this colour :lol::lol:...

And..... naah.... we not done here yet.....
I was following @djolliea this morning yelling at his rear end "what the hell are you doing in T1?!!.... i have no NOS??" ...
braking my b*lls on it but ran .780.... then realised that maby he is in 4th on exit.....:lol::lol:

Well that was a little better, kind of stuffed up the last turn.... again we have a last turn of doom....but happy with a first real stint of 200 km's ending in a 1:45.629 with optimals in the mid 4's tho :grumpy:

I kind of enjoy this one! and proud to be above @Ed_Night ( but he was prob very drunk or something so i'll celebrate while it last :lol::lol: )

18df8e72a2c47-screenshotUrl.jpg

18df8e7677c91-screenshotUrl.jpg

Attachments

• 18df8e6f2b646-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18df8e6f2b646-screenshotUrl.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Currently got silver on this EVO time trial at the Bullring, chasing gold and will use Gomario And Tigney's Guidance for A swifter Time!

evo lancer GIF

(I feel im ploughing snow compared to these top 10 aliens!)

Also why do the top 5 never post their time online, how can we legitimise their runs?

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: i was seriously thinking of putting that cat on mine yesterday, but only got the outlined one in my items and wasn't that great on this colour :lol::lol:...

And..... naah.... we not done here yet.....
I was following @djolliea this morning yelling at his rear end "what the hell are you doing in T1?!!.... i have no NOS??" ...
braking my b*lls on it but ran .780.... then realised that maby he is in 4th on exit.....:lol::lol:

Well that was a little better, kind of stuffed up the last turn.... again we have a last turn of doom....but happy with a first real stint of 200 km's ending in a 1:45.629 with optimals in the mid 4's tho :grumpy:

I kind of enjoy this one! and proud to be above @Ed_Night ( but he was prob very drunk or something so i'll celebrate while it last :lol::lol: )

View attachment 1332918

View attachment 1332919

Turn one here is one of the toughest corners in this game for me consistently. I rarely get it right. It's absurd how fast the top ghosts come out of T1. 😂😂😂

Turn one here is one of the toughest corners in this game for me consistently. I rarely get it right. It's absurd how fast the top ghosts come out of T1. 😂😂😂
True, altho i had a fairly good exit on T1 on my PB lap.
Getting it rotated soon enough only works off throttle for me, so not trailbraking all the way in, this means you have enough time to point the car where you want and get into 4th BEFORE the apex and boost your way out of there.

but for me i have 2 problem corners beeing 6 and 10...
The braking zone for T6 is still a mistery for me, not close to the 50m board but yet not to far away..... :lol: :confused:

And line up the right way for T10 is just a nightmare, and then trying to not be to understeery and find/fly over the apex without invalidating due to the elevations change downhill.....
Epic if you get it right, but hasn't worked out at the same lap for me yet :lol::lol:

But def a great car to throw around, hitting the boost is just fire

Spielberg_bare_map_numbers_contextless_2021_corner_names.svg.png

True, altho i had a fairly good exit on T1 on my PB lap.
Getting it rotated soon enough only works off throttle for me, so not trailbraking all the way in, this means you have enough time to point the car where you want and get into 4th BEFORE the apex and boost your way out of there.

but for me i have 2 problem corners beeing 6 and 10...
The braking zone for T6 is still a mistery for me, not close to the 50m board but yet not to far away..... :lol: :confused:

And line up the right way for T10 is just a nightmare, and then trying to not be to understeery and find/fly over the apex without invalidating due to the elevations change downhill.....
Epic if you get it right, but hasn't worked out at the same lap for me yet :lol::lol:

But def a great car to throw around, hitting the boost is just fire

View attachment 1332936
For me it's T1, T3, T6, T10. Sometimes T4 too... 🤦‍♂️ 🤣

T6 and T7 are turns that I don't understand.

@Tidgney suggests to take them on 4th gear but I don't get the car to turn and hit the right exit position unless I shift down to 3rd.

Even if it's a momentary 3rd just enough to cause a brief oversteer, it is still 0.1 or maybe even 0.2 lost. Or I can break super earlier, mantain the 4th but doing this I loose exit speed as well, because it seems like forever to position the car right.

images.png

Last edited:
Well I tried the RBR TT yesterday and got gold in less than 10 laps, not the best time, a low 47 but safe enough for gold. As FF7:Rebirth is out, that's perfect, I probably wont have to come back this week. Ford time is safe too, so that's my week of GT7 done since there's no weekly. Seeya all thursday and GL for those hunting the last few hundreds seconds.

Last edited:
A light positive evolution* on RBR this morning.

I went... from 1:47.978 to 1:47.964... in 30 mins:crazy: #TeamLazy

1709294640891.png

Damned, how painful it is to stay on the track and score something below 1:48.5xx, but I start to perceive some evidence of positive vibes (mainly in the straights :D) with the Mitsub'..

My first sector is pathetic :nervous:
My second sector is horrific :(
My third sector is panic :scared:
and the all lap is... britanic :D

For now, I really don't know how to gain 0.5 sec to secure my yellow reward (I know where to find those tenths: all the long of the circuit).
It's time to upload a ghost and watch a video guide.

* thanks @skydragon49 🙏 for the pun :sly:

Last edited:

View attachment 1332943

Damned, how painful it is to stay on the track and score something below 1:48.5xx, but I start to perceive some evidence of positive vibes (mainly in the straights :D) with the Mitsub'..

For now, I really don't know how to gain 0.5 sec to secure my yellow reward (I know where to find these tenths: all the long of the circuit).

4th gear is your friend!

View attachment 1332943

For now, I really don't know how to gain 0.5 sec to secure my yellow reward (I know where to find these tenths: all the long of the circuit).

You're most welcome my friend! 😅

Love your banter and your sense of humor!

PS: you're not alone in the search of those 0.5. Let's go!

Ditch the auto.
It might be a steep learning curve at first, but trust me its well worth it.
You will have so much more control of the car.
You wont need to rely only on the brakes to slow you down, you will have full control of slowing down using brakes + gear down.
I know you're right but...

Im Not No Way GIF

I'm very happy with my automatic gearbox on some TTs, so I accept to be slower on others. That's the deal. I don't chase Top 100 ranking, so any yellow score makes me happy (no matter my driver ranking is). Sometimes it's a bit frustrating but I know it's also nothing but a game.

If I should play in MT, it's would only be with a wheel. But it's another debate, far beyond my struggles on RBR.
You're most welcome my friend! 😅

Love your banter and your sense of humor!

PS: you're not alone in the search of those 0.5. Let's go!
You're most welcome, my friend :)
I know that life can stop at any time, so I have no time to be sad or morose.

I wish you to find those 0.5 very soon! GO GO GO

Back