Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,525 comments
Yeah aliens on a different planet, I do hope they cool down soon. After many laps of retrying down to a 1.00.429 now. Doubt I can really go any quicker, so I am just going to call it quits and hope it's enough for gold.

Was borderline at the edge of my skills, only getting the 2 tough corners in sector 1 correct like 10-15% of the time (rest of the tries I messed up and retried) and nailing the last chicane exit wasn't easy either. So decent effort and game decided to reward me with a 6* roulette ticket since the day already changed here, which gave me 1 million credits 🥳

No shame if you do not gold this. Currently only just over 300 people have gold in this one, looks like the toughest TT so far 🤔

Last edited:
Don't think I'll bother trying to Gold this one. High downforce is my weakest category by far, and I just don't find them fun to drive. Gave it a run earlier and set a low 1:01 after about 20 minutes, but I just don't care enough to subject myself to doing something I don't enjoy.

I'll take the bathtubs back any day.

This combo is no fun for me. The track is fun, but I don't like driving around it in this car. The only thing worse would be the Tomahawk. I really enjoyed taking the Gr. 3 Beetle for a spin in the Circuit Experience. Why can't we have that? PD, give us something a bit more manageable, pretty please! Personally, I would find a slower car a much better experience (as long as it isn't a GT-R again). And if you insist on sticking us in such a beast of a car, then make it a larger, faster track that isn't so winding.

In any case, I ran around 30 miles tonight. My first lap was a whopping 1:09. Yep, this is going well...:lol: I eventually pulled it down to a 1:02.202 with an ideal lap time of 1:01.9. My first two sectors were the fastest on my best lap, but I lost over 2 tenths sliding sideways as I crested the hill after the final chicane. :ouch:

I honestly don't know how much further I will bring down my time. I'm sure I can get into the 1:01's with loads of practice. Problem is, I don't particularly want to try if I'm not going to enjoy it. This may be my first bronze.

This time trial is pretty much about getting the power down on low speed corners and kicking up some grass.
That's the impression I'm getting as well. Certain curbs need to be "ridden" but I'm still learning when/how much throttle to lay down to start exploring the track limits.
About 3 seconds off bronze, and i think i was fast, never been so far off on any TT , impossible to take that much time
I'm about 3sec off too and I'm generally a high gold/low silver performer (or low gold/high silver... border of gold and silver, around 2.5-3.5%, lol)
Though I know I'm using WAY too much throttle. Might have to finally setup the wheel on my PS5 as I don't see myself getting better than 1:04 or so with a controller. If we had the ability to decrease the trigger sensitivity like PCARS/ACC this car/track combo would be a lot more friendly to the controller.

This is my punishment for claiming this event "won't be much worse than the Gr. 1 cars on this course" lol. Yeah right...

@Dolph Drago My first complete lap was a 1:12.xx, so you were scorching fast relative to my first lap!

Last edited:
I love this track, I love face-melting prototypes, and I may or may not have gone full try-hard mode against the A.I. grinding the Group 1 event... However, I must have a word with PD's BOP tuner. The Redbull feels sluggish under aero load, while being annoyingly and unnecessarily overpowered throttling out of low-speed corners.

The Alien lines are more suicidal than usual. You will need to learn the forbidden art of running over curbs when neither the car nor the curb prefer you do so.

I'm sitting at 1:01:581. Strangely, this TT doesn't feel as soul crushingly hopeless as the Nurb GP, or Senna's Mclaren at Suzuka, or the Formula at Fuji. I'll keep up the fight for gold.

My sentiment overall:

fine-this-is-fine.gif

Regularly playing the game below may have prepared me for this experience...

There are plenty of posts I wanted to stick a "Hot" emoji on - but they've replaced it with a Christmas tree which doesn't quite convey the same thing! 🤣 May have been better to change the poo emoji instead!
:lol: :lol: so True lol

Man i just nailed a lap, fast first sector, no mistakes after that!, ........ and just slided in the silvers :lol::banghead:
1:1.619...... i think i need to watch some video's were to eat all the curbs cause i not seeing any other options, i need a freaking second?!! lol.

This is by far the hardest, and i still like the track, but this car ............. lol

This combo is no fun for me. The track is fun, but I don't like driving around it in this car. The only thing worse would be the Tomahawk. I really enjoyed taking the Gr. 3 Beetle for a spin in the Circuit Experience. Why can't we have that? PD, give us something a bit more manageable, pretty please! Personally, I would find a slower car a much better experience (as long as it isn't a GT-R again). And if you insist on sticking us in such a beast of a car, then make it a larger, faster track that isn't so winding.

In any case, I ran around 30 miles tonight. My first lap was a whopping 1:09. Yep, this is going well...:lol: I eventually pulled it down to a 1:02.202 with an ideal lap time of 1:01.9. My first two sectors were the fastest on my best lap, but I lost over 2 tenths sliding sideways as I crested the hill after the final chicane. :ouch:

I honestly don't know how much further I will bring down my time. I'm sure I can get into the 1:01's with loads of practice. Problem is, I don't particularly want to try if I'm not going to enjoy it. This may be my first bronze.
I think it is good we have variety in these time trials. Sports cars, gr4 cars, gr3 cars, gr2 cars, high downforce cars (Escudo, Super Formula, X2019, MP4/4). Only thing missing so far are rally cars and gr1 cars. I'd expect a gr1 time trial to show up at some point soon. Probably not the next one, I reckon we get a sports car or GT race car for that one 🤔

Last edited:
I got down to a 1:00.2 last night, so gold should be possible on controller. When I saw the game wasn't accepting more than three quarters steering lock in most of the fast corners I had a nasty flashback to the original Vettel X2010 challenge on GT5 (before they added controller sensitivity options) which was physically impossible but luckily the 3% margin on this one makes it challenging rather than impossible or pay-to-win.

There are plenty of posts I wanted to stick a "Hot" emoji on - but they've replaced it with a Christmas tree which doesn't quite convey the same thing! 🤣 May have been better to change the poo emoji instead!

Make sure phone/device is on mute when you award one, otherwise you also get to listen to a 'classic' little jingle :D.

I got down to a 1:00.2 last night, so gold should be possible on controller. When I saw the game wasn't accepting more than three quarters steering lock in most of the fast corners I had a nasty flashback to the original Vettel X2010 challenge on GT5 (before they added controller sensitivity options) which was physically impossible but luckily the 3% margin on this one makes it challenging rather than impossible or pay-to-win.
Are you on a controller?

I just noticed one of my times, 1:00.605 is the EXACT cutoff time between silver and gold, still on gold. Man I hope it doesn't change because that would be epic. :lol:

Are you on a controller?
I am, if I drive a perfect lap I could probably find another tenth but that will be a load of grinding and a fluke, others are probably miles ahead of my time anyway.

I just noticed one of my times, 1:00.605 is the EXACT cutoff time between silver and gold, still on gold. Man I hope it doesn't change because that would be epic. :lol:
I reckon the big names will try hard this week and none of them are at the top of the leaderboards yet, it could get ugly on the cutoff.

Not tried this yet, but reading the replies, I’d be happy with Silver! I won Gold with the Escudo by a good 4/10ths. That was all about perfecting your technique.

I wonder if it’s the case with the Red Bull. Or if I will just hit a wall as with the Super Formula.

It will though.
The question is by how much 🤔 Fast Emea guys and gals put their lap times in yesterday, so the time trial is fully global now then. Then all of a sudden Busnelli smashes #1 time by over a tenth sometime in the evening.

I could be wrong, but I am not sure they (aliens at the top 👽) will go that much faster anymore. Faster? Yes, by a tenth maybe? Hopefully not by 2 tenths, since my fastest lap I literally & physically can do is a 1.00.429. Luckily it is a short lap in this TT, so improving by a tenth is a massive effort, when you have a good lap in already.

Nearly 250km driven around RA in this beast last night...

The funny (but not fun) thing about this combo is that prior to getting my barely-good-enough-for-silver lap time, my mistakes were consistently identical. Frequently following my own tyre marks in the dirt: off at Turn 1 misjudging the line, cutting across the grass through the esses when I missed my braking point into the blind chicane, off into the left-hand hoardings before the descent to the line. Frustrating me into Retries rather than having the patience to wrestle the car back onto the track and having to put up with dirty tyres for 30 seconds.

I can't work out if I was having fun or just stubbornly refusing to give up.

I went to bed with my fingers locked and frozen in that familiar death grip, not sure if I'd be physically able to play the game ever again.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about when he switched from controller to wheel and it was at the moment you mentioned. Glad we can keep the gold streak intact this time around. ;)

Ah, that explains how I was feeling just now, trying to do it on a controller with stick steering. It felt like silver might be possible for me with 2 hours of work, but I can't be bothered. It felt like the car simply wouldn't turn enough to go the amount faster that the top people are going. The steering also felt really laggy in places where you have to change from steering one way to steering the other way.

Back