Time Trial no. 70

• Thread starter Cb
  • 209 comments
Personally I find it a bit hilarious what limits some of these hackers go to. I'm not ungrateful for all of what PD has given us, but damn does it feel good sometimes to see people sticking it up to PD. It's hard to argue that PD hasn't made some AWFUL decisions, and so as much as I enjoy the GT series, I still have the bad taste left over from some of the really ridiculous decisions they have gone through with.

I'm not sure how serious PD really takes seasonals, but if it's anything to them, at the least they must be annoyed that they consistently have to deal with hackers. Obviously they don't really contribute to the community too much, as everyone has a complaint about them (with good reason), but these hackers are doing the dirty work sort of speak and hopefully getting on PD's nerves, so that they start reconsidering how they handle things.

It's all quite a double edged sword, but the point they make is a sharp one.

With that being said, on to the TT.

Those of you not looking to try and match the top of the pack with the likes of the 2J or anything else up there, may I suggest the Lamborghini Diablo GT1. It can slide around a little but also stay fairly planted. I ran a red lap 3:57 and an official time of 3:58.9xx, putting me in to the 3,750s, which if I don't get bumped up severely by the end of this, would be my best TT position to date.

So, while you are feeling good about that, the rest of the people trying to legitimately crack the top 10 have to suffer. :rolleyes:

I agree with you on PD making some poor decisions with the game, but "sticking it to the man" is not the way to go about showing them your distaste with their decisions. That's kind of selfish, don't you think? I do.

@Dalone: I know what I said and where I said it. There is no need to bring my discussions from another thread into this one. I think you're getting bored again so lets just end it here.

Without much a change from before i put in in a short effort and did a low 3:44 but it felt a bit conservative .

@Dalone: I know what I said and where I said it. There is no need to bring my discussions from another thread into this one. I think you're getting bored again so lets just end it here.

Ha ha, that's my Cargo. Fact is mate you did NOT remember what you said or where you said it.
What I posted was entirely relevant. You posted why you would be absent in the #69 Seasonal Time Trials (via a link to another site).

And that was, 'bringing a discussion from another site to the Seasonal threads' incidentally.

All I have done is to was remind you about that post as you clearly forgot it. So what was your best time in the #69 TT before you left, you never did post it?

Even with the hacked cars there, I'm currently 63rd, with a 3:42.318

If you cant beat my time Dalone, then the hackers shouldn't be bothering you.

2J, try these numbers....
505hp 933kg 112kg@30
suspension
0 , -10
10 , 16
3 , 10
3 , 10
6 , 7
3.0 , 2.0
-.05 , .05
Diff
BB
6 , 5

Tried your tune Jimi but was unable to beat my ghost with it. I changed the power/weight to 512hp 981kg + mid range turbo. ( tried high range first but same story)
I think my gearing is letting me down though as I'm only reaching 320 odd k/mh in the 1st straight. Perhaps you can help with that.

Anyway with those changes I am now on 3:51.994 for #875. Can't see me gaining another 10 sec's though. But who knows.

Edit, changed hp to 500 and weight to 951kg @ 30 and have another small improvement, now on 3:49.853 at #596.

Last edited:
Tried your tune Jimi but was unable to beat my ghost with it. I changed the power/weight to 512hp 981kg + mid range turbo. ( tried high range first but same story)
I think my gearing is letting me down though as I'm only reaching 320 odd k/mh in the 1st straight. Perhaps you can help with that.

Anyway with those changes I am now on 3:51.994 for #875. Can't see me gaining another 10 sec's though. But who knows.

Edit, changed hp to 500 and weight to 951kg @ 30 and have another small improvement, now on 3:49.853 at #596.

Dlone try this one it's on share currently 3.45.659 position 238:):)

I'll give it a go after the boys are in bed Stewy if it's available, thanks.
That's ok mate wont be using it untill tomorrow probably.
After f1 this afternoon will most likely get my nascar fix or gt500.

I'm suspicious of the vertigo times too even a fully tuned vertigo won't get to 240 mph on straights like two of the replays do I can see at least 11 hacked times

Just did some runs in the vertigo, figured out that if you simply remove all the downforce and place 200kg in the front you can get to 600pp while still maintaining 959BHP.

I managed to do a 3:48.2 on my first successfull run, and reached about 365km/h down the straight, so if one is good at tuning gear i'd guess that one should be able to reach that 384km/h.

Fidling a little with the gears alowed me to reach 380km/h before the first chikane, so i'm pretty sure that the vertigoes are not hacked, but simply cleverly tuned.

Last edited:
Just did some runs in the vertigo, figured out that if you simply remove all the downforce and place 200kg in the front you can get to 600pp while still maintaining 959BHP.

I managed to do a 3:48.2 on my first successfull run, and reached about 365km/h down the straight, so if one is good at tuning gear i'd guess that one should be able to reach that 384km/h.

Fidling a little with the gears alowed me to reach 380km/h before the first chikane, so i'm pretty sure that the vertigoes are not hacked, but simply cleverly tuned.

I can see what your saying and understand you can get that speed with max ballast and no downforce but in my replays I saved when they was top ten the guys in the vertigos they are hitting 240mhp in less than half the straight and bouncing off the rev limit and when it gets to the corners it's planted and taking chicanes at 130 mph now that's X1 style cornering it don't add up especially when they taking the tight right hander at end of straight at 100mph

Dlone try this one it's on share currently 3.45.659 position 238:):)[/QUOTES]

Sadly it didn't work for me Stewy. I tried it with lower weights/hp and did better but was never able to consistently beat my ghost by the time I reached the 1st straight, and never after I reached it.

I hate to say it but clearly it must be down to my skill level, which does not bother me too much as I am never very good at the faster races (especially in the dark).

Just can't see me knocking off another 3 or 4 sec's in this TT.

Thanks for lending and good luck with this TT.

Thanks used your 2J and got a 3:48.156 after three runs. All the time I have tonight for TT's. Man that thing is hard to drive at night. Thinking I can get it down another 5-8 seconds with some practice.

Had some time this AM for a few runs and got it down to a 3:44.297. Thinking I can get another second or two if I clean up the last sector and get better at my braking points in the pitch dark. Really easy to red lap with this one. Had a high 3:42 red lapped due to running wide on an exit just a smidge. Not my favorite/best track so feeling pretty good I got it down into the 3:44's with room to improve. Thanks again for the share Skline.

Last edited:
Had some time this AM for a few runs and got it down to a 3:44.297. Thinking I can get another second or two if I clean up the last sector and get better at my braking points in the pitch dark. Really easy to red lap with this one. Had a high 1:42 red lapped due to running wide on an exit just a smidge. Not my favorite/best track so feeling pretty good I got it down into the 1:44's with room to improve. Thanks again for the share Skline.

No worries mate gonna try adjusting it a bit more could use a slightly higher top speed 4-5mph as 195 on straights is losing a lot of time

No worries mate gonna try adjusting it a bit more could use a slightly higher top speed 4-5mph as 195 on straights is losing a lot of time

Have a look at mine i'm getting 200 mph, it's on share.:)

I can really recommend the Ferrari 330 for this! Probably the most fun I ever had in a time trial :)

I can really recommend the Ferrari 330 for this! Probably the most fun I ever had in a time trial :)

I agree 100%.
Also very much fun - Ford Mark IV, Jaguar XJ13, Chaparral 2D and Cobra.

I prefer Ford because of slightly better headlights than Ferrari.

I agree 100%.

Yeah I used the Jag to gold it originally. Was great fun... 👍

Well managed to get on for a quick half hour and after a few tweaks to my tune I've managed to sneak under the 3:41s with a 3:40.787 but fear I'm running out of talent to get much lower
Cars back on share for all my friend who wish too use it

Quite the show the top 10 are putting on with their Red Bull 5G's. Gotta give a shout out to the guy in 11th place in his Pajero Rally Raid Race Car. Impressive looking piece of machinery. :lol: Gotta give him props for his creativity. :lol:

On a serious note, congrats to you guys who are using legit cars. 👍 Hopefully they remove the 5G parade so that you'll get your rightful spots on the leaderboard.

Quite the show the top 10 are putting on with their Red Bull 5G's. Gotta give a shout out to the guy in 11th place in his Pajero Rally Raid Race Car. Impressive looking piece of machinery. :lol: Gotta give him props for his creativity. :lol:

On a serious note, congrats to you guys who are using legit cars. 👍 Hopefully they remove the 5G parade so that you'll get your rightful spots on the leaderboard.

I've counted 28 suspect times so far some lower down the leader board so they don't get wiped

I agree 100%.

The Ford is the only car I have yet to obtain. I always get bored by the 15 million credit mark and go on a shopping spree :/ But this event might be a good reason to actually get it.

Well managed to get on for a quick half hour and after a few tweaks to my tune I've managed to sneak under the 3:41s with a 3:40.787 but fear I'm running out of talent to get much lower
Cars back on share for all my friend who wish too use it

Thanks skyline, hope to have time for 4-5 runs tonight.

Good time too... Sometimes you just know when you hit your best time. I don't stop trying to beat it, you just know.

I´m not gonna run this TT; it`s too stupid -for too many reasons. Would it really take too much effort from PD to erase those cheaters at least on a daily basis? Not exactly discouraging them to leave them there for so long!

Thanks skyline, hope to have time for 4-5 runs tonight.

Good time too... Sometimes you just know when you hit your best time. I don't stop trying to beat it, you just know.

Thanks mate I think I can do a 3:39 but lap has to be perfect but in the dark close to 4mins of near perfect driving il keep trying but think I've reach my talent limit

Finally got time to try racing with no headlights...would it have been so difficult for PD to have the 2j as a banned car from this event? Really makes you wonder who decides these events....any player in the top 5000 could figure out that the 2j is the fastest here......
Well 2:44.520....2 wheels in the sand after chicane -last straight...lucky I had practice how to keep car from pulling into the sand :banghead: Can probably find 2 secs still ...if I could get a real ghost and not the cheatersssssssssss

Finally got time to try racing with no headlights...would it have been so difficult for PD to have the 2j as a banned car from this event? Really makes you wonder who decides these events....any player in the top 5000 could figure out that the 2j is the fastest here......
Well 2:44.520....2 wheels in the sand after chicane -last straight...lucky I had practice how to keep car from pulling into the sand :banghead: Can probably find 2 secs still ...if I could get a real ghost and not the cheatersssssssssss

Use your 2j on a offline TT practice in day light save your replay with a decent time then load it when you enter the TT online and use the ghost that way helps you find the normal line quick and build a decent pace

Use your 2j on a offline TT practice in day light save your replay with a decent time then load it when you enter the TT online and use the ghost that way helps you find the normal line quick and build a decent pace

Ty Skyline...and ....great idea...and I can stop squinting for a bit

Or turn on the driving line. I remember ages ago a guy who won the 24 nurbie in a formula GT by using the driving line.

Just switch on driving line in settings. It helps a lot =)

Strange, but i cant load any replay for that TT :guilty: Except replays from top 10.

Back