[TIRE] Samsung SuperSpeedway Series - BKGlover is the champion!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 778 comments
It took us 5 races, but we just had the 1st flip of the season! :lol:

5 wide doesn't work by the way. Tell that to y'all AI's.

@BKGlover I found out a more plausible answer onto why the AI just moves up when it gets the lead. Check any racing game, the AI always wants to use the racing line, and that's exactly what happens here. The racing line is close to the white/single yellow/double yellow on the inside and close to the outside wall on the straights, so when they get the lead and doesn't have anyone on their outside on the straight, they just move up.

@BKGlover I found out a more plausible answer onto why the AI just moves up when it gets the lead. Check any racing game, the AI always wants to use the racing line, and that's exactly what happens here. The racing line is close to the white/single yellow/double yellow on the inside and close to the outside wall on the straights, so when they get the lead and doesn't have anyone on their outside on the straight, they just move up.
On the straight it makes some sense, but not between 1 & 2. You saying that about other games did get me thinking, and whoever said the AI Aggression may be part of it is probably right as well. No developer yet has come up with AI capable of willingly running multiple lines, but in the handful of NR2003 races I've run bumping up the aggression to max puts the drivers on a near kamikaze drive.....outside of the superspeedways anyway. I've got stuff to do for a couple of hours, but when I get back I'll end toy with my vanilla game some and see first hand how it is.

On the straight it makes some sense, but not between 1 & 2. You saying that about other games did get me thinking, and whoever said the AI Aggression may be part of it is probably right as well. No developer yet has come up with AI capable of willingly running multiple lines, but in the handful of NR2003 races I've run bumping up the aggression to max puts the drivers on a near kamikaze drive.....outside of the superspeedways anyway. I've got stuff to do for a couple of hours, but when I get back I'll end toy with my vanilla game some and see first hand how it is.

If you get any results, let me know. :D

If you get any results, let me know. :D
Result: Doesn't happen at Daytona for me, or nas, or you. Rewatched race 1 here and the shootout of the GTPFS, and nothing like the last race. Perhaps it's down to the track build, or maybe some intricate ini thing. I don't know anything below the surface, so that's as far as I can go.

4325-aarons-499-at-talladega.png

Race #5 - Aaron's 499 - Race Results.png

Race #5 - Aaron's 499 - Race Awards.png

Race #5 - Aaron's 499 - Team Results.png

Race #5 - Aaron's 499 - Manufacturer Results.png

Drivers Standings.png

Team Standings.png

Manufacturer Standings.png

Looked like the fault of either the #17 or the #10. Whoever it was, I am very unhappy with you at this time.

Ok now I just think someone has stuffed my car with some sort of black magic. I mean;

I started in first place, with a great qualifying performance. Then crap happens and I end up on 19th freakin' place despite avoiding yet another HYUUGE crash (seriously, there has been a lot of multi-car crashes so far this season. Then again, that's what you get when you turn up the A.I.'s agression up to 11). Meanwhile, my boss gets a top 10 finish while I am stuck in a before-the-last-place spot in the standings! Not only that, he is also contending for 1st place honors!

Boss, can I please start carrying cloverleafs in my car? It seems I am in need of those...

Spotter: Alright five wide, five wide. Maintain your line.

Me: Steering feels a bit wobbly- oh 🤬- (crashing noises)

Spotter: You alright Formid?

Me: Ah 🤬 what the 🤬 just happened? My steering just went to complete 🤬.

Crew Chief: Just sit tight, the track officials are on their way.

Me: Damn, I was hoping to get a good race in. Hope @AudiMan2011 and the others are okay.

Ok now I just think someone has stuffed my car with some sort of black magic. I mean;

I started in first place, with a great qualifying performance. Then crap happens and I end up on 19th freakin' place despite avoiding yet another HYUUGE crash (seriously, there has been a lot of multi-car crashes so far this season. Then again, that's what you get when you turn up the A.I.'s agression up to 11). Meanwhile, my boss gets a top 10 finish while I am stuck in a before-the-last-place spot in the standings! Not only that, he is also contending for 1st place honors!

Boss, can I please start carrying cloverleafs in my car? It seems I am in need of those...

How do you think I'm getting all those finishes?! :lol:

Maybe I should put the Tide livery on my GTPFS car, I'm doing pretty well here. :lol:

Don't be so comfy, I'm coming! :mischievous:

Also, does anyone would like to the statistics of the series after the 1st quarter is officialy over? Score4 also does that. :D :lol:

How do you think I'm getting all those finishes?! :lol:

'Cause you're running a Saleen or Shelby engine? It's damm sure not a Roush unit, otherwise you'd be running near the top... back end of the pack. :lol:

Also, does anyone would like to the statistics of the series after the 1st quarter is officialy over? Score4 also does that. :D :lol:

Well, if that's done, I can't see why not. Let's see who has the right to brag, and who has the right to cry in a corner... :lol:

The video itself- Please back away from the mic a bit. The constant buzz makes it hard to watch.

The race- 🤬 It!

Ok, I'll take note of that for the next time. :D

It's funny how I'm the only one that completed all the laps.

I will be taking the commentator's booth for the Coca-Cola 600!

Yay, now my stupid voice will be broadcasted to the whole world ._.

Man, talk about a super close finish. We are really getting that part down pat so far in the series... And now to sit back and expect that obvious video response from the winner. :sly: :lol:

As for Formi's commentary, the audio quality is much better than anything either me or Mich have produced so far, but it's a bit lacking in the emotion department. Ergo, I personally think you can sound a bit more excited for the big moments, with less pauses inbetween. But that's my five cents on the matter, they can differ.

Man, talk about a super close finish. We are really getting that part down pat so far in the series... And now to sit back and expect that obvious video response from the winner. :sly: :lol:

As for Formi's commentary, the audio quality is much better than anything either me or Mich have produced so far, but it's a bit lacking in the emotion department. Ergo, I personally think you can sound a bit more excited for the big moments, with less pauses inbetween. But that's my five cents on the matter, they can differ.
Haha yeahhhhhh :P

It was practically my first time doing some serious commentating by myself, and of course as always, the first one is a bit shaky. I'm also very monotone when I'm nervous (I have public speaking anxiety), so that explains that. The pauses were me thinking of things to say. Not the best, but hopefully in the future it will be improved on my part. 👍

It was practically my first time doing some serious commentating by myself, and of course as always, the first one is a bit shaky. I'm also very monotone when I'm nervous (I have public speaking anxiety), so that explains that. The pausesecond were me thinking of things to say. Not the best, but hopefully in the future it will be improved on my part. 👍

Hmm, ok, that explains it. Fair enough, I can relate to that; I also tend to be a little nervous when it comes to public speaking, I just cover that up a bit better so it's less noticeable. For a first time, it's not all that bad, so with a bit of improving you should be able to convey your feelings better and whatnot. Audio quality is spot-on, so there's not much need to fiddle with that... 👍

Back