[TIRE] Samsung SuperSpeedway Series - BKGlover is the champion!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 778 comments
You called me BayneHamlin, @DcrRaikkonen...

What can we say, old habits die hard... like your waifu. #boomheadshot #2edgy4you :sly: :lol:

Ok, joke aside, it happens to all of us, only know I have realized that lxmmy's name is not pronounced "i-x-mmy" because I'm a slow-thinking dummy. Still went unnoticed by most people, though... :dunce: :lol:

Also, that audio quality is fantastic, @DcrRaikkonen. What sort of hardware you used for that? It's 100% clear, with any sort of background noise which could ruin your speech, like my rubbish desktop for example... But anyway, I digress, nice job in the commentating booth. 👍

I would like to come forward and thank you all for the support so far! By giving guys a chance in the Samsung booth (be it @Niku Driver HC, @Formidable, @DcrRaikkonen and myself even), to having a stable series with near 30 entries, to actually having feedback (be it from inside the series or outside), and a lot of other things.

Now please don't think this series has died or something in the next few weeks and even months, but I will be occupied a lot. Tomorrow I start in a new job, and next Wednesday my Uni classes start again (5th semester of Mechanical Engineering), so I won't have time during the week.. and of course, with money, I will also go out a lot more on the weekends, so new races will really take a toll. I hope you guys understand this and please, don't kill me. :lol:

BUMP but with the latest news (I got fired and University is over for this semester, returns in August 3rd) 4S IS BACK!

There might be a change on the last race due to problems with the track, currently looking for alternatives:

a) find a new crossing figure 8 track so I can keep the no damage double points paying event;
b) find a new superspeedway and drop the no damage double points event.

So far Plan A has been a failure, meanwhile a video I watched yesterday of NR2003 gave me a idea for Plan B.

Stay tuned. :D

Also, alongside @Niku Driver HC, @Formidable and @DcrRaikkonen and myself, we are always looking for commentators. If you feel like releasing your voice to the world of GTP, give me a shout!

Also, alongside @Niku Driver HC, @Formidable and @DcrRaikkonen and myself, we are always looking for commentators. If you feel like releasing your voice to the world of GTP, give me a shout!

While I'm waiting for an opportunity to do a genuine stress test of things I've done to help the issues I have with my own series, I could help out a friendly soul. If for nothing else, then for continued practice.

While I'm waiting for an opportunity to do a genuine stress test of things I've done to help the issues I have with my own series, I could help out a friendly soul. If for nothing else, then for continued practice.

I'm really looking forward to see how you will commentate a NASCAR race. :lol:

BUMP but with the latest news (I got fired and University is over for this semester, returns in August 3rd) 4S IS BACK!

There might be a change on the last race due to problems with the track, currently looking for alternatives:

a) find a new crossing figure 8 track so I can keep the no damage double points paying event;
b) find a new superspeedway and drop the no damage double points event.

So far Plan A has been a failure, meanwhile a video I watched yesterday of NR2003 gave me a idea for Plan B.

Stay tuned. :D

First of all; WELCOME BACK!!! It's good to hear from you again, although some of the circunstances behind that return could be better (you know which ones, really and sadly). :cheers:

As for the end of Destruction Arena, it's a shame, but there are some things that even an awesome vintage racing game can't do. Although I am curious about the new speedway you found to replace it, how wacky is it...?

Count me in on that curiosity train. Unless he shouts "PRAWBLEMS", I cannot predict his style for NASCAR commentating skillz... :lol:

Can't be that much different, can it? The only corner name I have to remember is "the left-hander" and replace every three words with HOWDY.

The first one was a terrible stereotype, I know.. and the second is a reference to something. Including a terrible stereotype.

Besides, I had a go in at it in those two tests for.. a similar series (no free promotion from my side without a good reason), one of which had two and the other had half the field as commentators/pit reporters and it turned out to be a major fustercluck.

Pepsi400.png

Race #10 - Pepsi 400 - Race Results.png

Race #10 - Pepsi 400 - Race Awards.png

Race #10 - Pepsi 400 - Teams Results.png

Race #10 - Pepsi 400 - Manufacturer Results.png

Drivers Standings.png

Team Standings.png

Manufacturer Standings.png

I have to say, that race was very competitive. My commentary may not display that all that well, but there was action all across the field. I mean there was a 4-way battle for the lead at one point, how can you not call that competitive!? The wonky pitstops near the end were odd to say the least, but they did make for a nail-biting finale.

How and where did Mike458 come from to take victory? Don't ask me, 'cause I don't have a singe clue...:lol:

Hopefully the long delay hasn't scared off the entire driver group, because racing is at its finest right about now...

Back