'Tis the Season of Whamming Vs GTPlanet

• Thread starter TJ13
  • 388 comments
Did I miss the signup this year? :nervous:

For what its worth, I've avoided the cursed tune so far, but as I work as a courier at the moment my hopes of making it to the end of the year are slim at best. I better hope I deliver to more workshops and less offices or shops until the year is up.

Did I miss the signup this year? :nervous:

For what its worth, I've avoided the cursed tune so far, but as I work as a courier at the moment my hopes of making it to the end of the year are slim at best. I better hope I deliver to more workshops and less offices or shops until the year is up.
iirc, the sign-ups are open until Nov. 31. Check the OP

So far I haven't heard it but that could change. However, I would like to 'bend' the rules a little: while I can control going into towns and stuff, I cannot control going to school and especially what the school plays and - for obvious reasons - I can't wear headphones to block it out. Therefore, simply to make it fair, while I will say if I hear the dreaded tune, if I hear it in school, I won't count it (or at least will 'half-count' it). It's only because, unlike most other people on here, it's out of my control in school. I hope you all understand.

It's out of control for all of us. Work, home, school, uni. That's the game, you just have to avoid it when you can control and hope when you can't.
Ahh, but is it? When you want to go to the shops, you have a handful of options:
- Don't go to the shops.
- Noise-cancelling headphones.
- Go to a shop that isn't playing music.

And it's the same thing for everything else. At home I got my mother to stop playing the radio and start using her CDs. And the list goes on...

However, at school, I don't have any control over hearing it. The school uniform policy says I cannot wear headphones or hats in the school building and it's not as if I can't go to school. There's also no chance that an email to the head asking all of the teachers to not play music during November and December would be taken seriously - and I'm one of the teacher's pets.

School is the only situation I can't control, and that's why I'm not counting it in school. I'll still say if I hear it but it wouldn't be Whamming. Or, as my Physics teacher likes to say, "just to make it a fair test".

Ahh, but is it? When you want to go to the shops, you have a handful of options:
- Don't go to the shops.

And it's the same thing for everything else. At home I got my mother to stop playing the radio and start using her CDs. And the list goes on...

However, at school, I don't have any control over hearing it. The school uniform policy says I cannot wear headphones or hats in the school building and it's not as if I can't go to school. There's also no chance that an email to the head asking all of the teachers to not play music during November and December would be taken seriously - and I'm one of the teacher's pets.

School is the only situation I can't control, and that's why I'm not counting it in school. I'll still say if I hear it but it wouldn't be Whamming. Or, as my Physics teacher likes to say, "just to make it a fair test".
I can't wear headphones at work for safety reasons and what radio station played is out of my control, so does that make it not count me? I DONT THINK SO.

- Don't go to the shops.

OK, so for the people who work and aren't allowed to avoid it with headphones or anything?

It's the game, play it

@Doomotron
It's the game.
Try and avoid it as much as possible while still doing the things you have to do or you don't play the game and you can listen to it all you want.

So are you in or out?

I can't wear headphones at work for safety reasons and what radio station played is out of my control, so does that make it not count me? I DONT THINK SO.

OK, so for the people who work and aren't allowed to avoid it with headphones or anything?

It's the game, play it

@Doomotron
It's the game.
Try and avoid it as much as possible while still doing the things you have to do or you don't play the game and you can listen to it all you want.

So are you in or out?
I guess because people are in similar circumstances yet are still going on with it, I'll have to play it normally. I'm in. All I have to do now is pray that my Photography teacher isn't happy until Christmas.

I guess because people are in similar circumstances yet are still going on with it, I'll have to play it normally. I'm in. All I have to do now is pray that my Photography teacher isn't happy until Christmas.
It’s only a bit of fun anyways, if you lose it’s not the end of the world.

It's all fun and games.
It's not like you're betting your life savings on winning the game or something.
The wall of whammed might not be the best to look at but eh, next year will come and all will be done.
:cheers:

Back