'Tis the Season of Whamming Vs GTPlanet

• Thread starter TJ13
  • 388 comments
Some annoying colleagues (specifically the annoying ones) decided to remind EVERYONE in the room that it’s Christmas. So far I’ve heard:

- All I want for Christmas is you
- You know what
- Jingle Bell Rock

I’m out.

P.S. if there’s one thing I hate more than anything in the world, it’s Christmas music in November.

Last edited:
I dodged a bullet today. Turned out my gf had listened to the christmas radio station and left that crap on my car radio. Luckily the guy was like "later on we have wham last christmas and..... but first driving home for christmas. please note it was very early in the morning and this happened in the first 2 seconds of starting my car.

I consider myself very lucky :P

I dodged a bullet today. Turned out my gf had listened to the christmas radio station and left that crap on my car radio. Luckily the guy was like "later on we have wham last christmas and..... but first driving home for christmas. please note it was very early in the morning and this happened in the first 2 seconds of starting my car.

I consider myself very lucky :P

Considered you got fair warning before hand. :lol:

Almost got hit, I’m lying on the sofa with my earphones in and look over at the tv and the news comes back on but there’s always a song playing in the transition, I look at the caption and it says “Last Christmas- WHAM”. I put my music volume all the way up and then my mom started putting the tv volume up cause she likes the song, but Quavo saved me this time :cool:

I'm in. I thought I'd wait until now to register my interest in case I might have heard the song before now, but fortunately not.

Got Whammed on Thanksgiving.

Just got cover whammed by Ally Brooke in the Macys Thanksgiving Day parade. Still in the game.

That was the one that got me. According to the rules, I guess I'm still in. I still feel like a loser.

Got Whammed on Thanksgiving.

That was the one that got me. According to the rules, I guess I'm still in. I still feel like a loser.

Gah! Got Whammed just now! Within 40 minutes of that post. Crazy timing. It was the original song, in an ad on spotify.

Whoops, I don't think I signed up this year. Do we need to sign up?

My memory is foggy, but I seem to remember @Famine saying he may have heard Wham playing during the World Finals. I however refuse to believe a song so gauche would play in Monaco, so I think I'm still safe. Unless it was all part of @Jordan's diabolical plan...

Whoops, I don't think I signed up this year. Do we need to sign up?

My memory is foggy, but I seem to remember @Famine saying he may have heard Wham playing during the World Finals. I however refuse to believe a song so gauche would play in Monaco, so I think I'm still safe. Unless it was all part of @Jordan's diabolical plan...
I may or may not have paid off Lenny Ibizarre to work something in to the next GT Sport update...

I may or may not have paid off Lenny Ibizarre to work something in to the next GT Sport update...

You're the grinch of whamass.;p (i see the phun in that but deliberately Don't mention it)

May as well sign me up. I've missed competing in this game. Or war since I've already been unofficially whammed six times.

Seinfeld Kramer I'm Out.gif

Whammed! by a promo for a music channel on TV this morning. That's what I get for letting my guard down.

I swear if nothing else, one of the Now! Christmas music adverts are going to Wham! me before the year's out.

Dodged two of them already earlier today.

Haha, this game (well, "Whamageddon") just got mentioned on BBC Radio 1 after a texter asked for the DJs to announce the song before playing it.

I'm sure I heard something similar on the radio this morning as well..

It's gone mainstream and I'm not sure what to make of it. Will that make things harder as the track gets craftily slipped in from trolls or will the world unite arm in arm to stop the madness?

Back