TOCA 3. you know. the ps2 version.

• Thread starter kinigitt
  • 1,059 comments
World Tour mode only allows you to drive one car per championship, if I remember correctly. It's like a career thing, so I guess beggars (you, moving up the ranks) can't be choosers.

I think for some championships though, you race them again in a later tier with a different car? Can't remember. I don't do much of World Tour anymore, really.

Pro Career (or whatever the 2nd option in the menu is XD) should allow you free choice of championship and car.

Happy driving!

World Tour mode only allows you to drive one car per championship, if I remember correctly. It's like a career thing, so I guess beggars (you, moving up the ranks) can't be choosers.

I think for some championships though, you race them again in a later tier with a different car? Can't remember. I don't do much of World Tour anymore, really.

Pro Career (or whatever the 2nd option in the menu is XD) should allow you free choice of championship and car.

Happy driving!

Cool. Thanks for the info. I was just wanting to make sure. I kept on trying to select a different car, but it kept putting me in the NSX, so it had me wondering. This is a great game, though. I'm doing the Formula Fords now.

My only annoyance is how you have to turn the Pro Simulation stuff on every time you turn the game on. Pretty annoying bug, but oh well. Still an awesome game.

today i got my G25 and i tried out Toca Race driver 3...but the game doesnt detect my wheel. whats up with that or is there another way how to calibrate it?

ok, i got now to use it, but i cant use the clutch with my G25.
When i set it to "manuel with clutch" i have to asign the clutch, but it just doesnt work.

Happy driving!

CCY: if you play online... and I'm guessing you do... PM me your handles... I only say PM cause it's unlikely I'll remembe to look at this thread for another month! lol

Well I'm hoping you check this thread again since it's only been half an hour, otherwise you'll be holding your breath for a month :lol:

Unfortunately I'm not online enabled with any of my gaming consoles so I spend my lonely hours with TOCA 3 smashing Porsches up going into Eau Rouge. (any other suggestions for lively AI races? As stated, I tend for the GT Tuning Cup at Spa. Williams F1 Team Challenge at Adelaide is spiffy too.)

Well I'm hoping you check this thread again since it's only been half an hour, otherwise you'll be holding your breath for a month :lol:

Unfortunately I'm not online enabled with any of my gaming consoles so I spend my lonely hours with TOCA 3 smashing Porsches up going into Eau Rouge. (any other suggestions for lively AI races? As stated, I tend for the GT Tuning Cup at Spa. Williams F1 Team Challenge at Adelaide is spiffy too.)

lol, fair enough then :P

Anyone have some settings to help me config the DFP to use with Toca3...? It feels really weird. I don't understand deadzones and saturation too much.

This cracks me up every time I get online...

picture001km2.jpg

Silly aussies and their V8 supercars...

Anyone have some settings to help me config the DFP to use with Toca3...? It feels really weird. I don't understand deadzones and saturation too much.
If I remember correctly, the DF Pro needs setting up initially with this game.

Start with no deadzones (areas of the steering circle or pedal stroke that would do nothing to turn the wheels or change acceleration)

Use 99 or 100% saturation, too (all of the selected turning circle (900* or 200*) gets used throughout its turning).

I hope that helps you get going. If not ask more questions.

Cheers,

MasterGT

So... the handling in Toca 2, to me, was absolutely disgusting. What of the handling in Toca 3? Is it the same...? :nervous:
That depends on why you think ToCA 2 "was absolutely disgusting".

If you don't like power oversteer, if you don't like losing traction by overpowering the tires and if you like understeer, then you probably won't like ToCA 3.

If you want the game to control certain aspects of your steering instead of leaving more of it up to yourself, then, again, you probably won't like ToCA 3.

While no game is perfect, ToCA has done a respectable job, so far, compared to similar generations of its main rivals.

Cheers,

MasterGT

If I remember correctly, the DF Pro needs setting up initially with this game.

Start with no deadzones (areas of the steering circle or pedal stroke that would do nothing to turn the wheels or change acceleration)

Use 99 or 100% saturation, too (all of the selected turning circle (900* or 200*) gets used throughout its turning).

I hope that helps you get going. If not ask more questions.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Thanks a lot!!! :)

I will try those settings right when I get home.

Anyone else still playing this?

I've got back into it again and it's good fun, most of it's a challenge, least not because if you go off the track it almost always ruins your race. I'm up to 36% complete, struggling with that Tri-Oval though (forgotten it's name), always really have to push to beat a time trial on it.

Me & Tommi always have a good laugh when we go head to head when he comes around mine, I always win though :)

Its a great game,my favourite, in fact i was actually playing it today:tup:

Me & Tommi always have a good laugh when we go head to head when he comes around mine, I always loose though :(

Ahh good times:D

Holy thread resurrection batman!

I was really excited about Bathurst this year and I was thinking about how great it would be to have a game with this awesome circuit. Then I remembered that it is featured in V8 Supercars 3. So I read through this thread, talked to some owners and checked out some reviews and came to the decision that I would buy this game.

I went to the city to get this game last week and since then I've really been enjoying it! Basically I've just been trying to complete the World Tour mode, I'm about 20-30 odd percent through. It started off pretty tough, mainly getting used to the physics but now I've found it to be getting easier (atleast on circuits I know well) and have a 15 race winning streak, which I think is quite impressive.

Most of all I've been enjoying the Fujitsu (HPDC is so 2005) V8 Supercars, even more-so than the "main game" V8 Supercars simply for the fact that they have a lot less wheel spin which I'm finding hard to get used to.

I've also found that the open-wheelers seem to be a bit more forgiving than the previous V8 Supercar game. I'll sometimes find myself in tricky situations where I'll end up with no wheels, but no where near as often as V8 Supercars 2.

I'm really enjoying the wide variety of circuits and coming across plenty of great circuits I've only read about, such as Castle Combe and Snetterton. It's been great to race on the "local" circuits around Australia. I'm glad to see Codemasters have improved Bathurst, their last two attempts were dreadful. It's also good to see some Australian circuits previously neglected by video games such as Queensland Raceway and Symmonds Plains (I think they're the only ones, actually). It's also great to come back to some circuits I havn't raced on since V8 Supercars 2 (last time I played was back in '05 probably), the most noteable being Adelaide, Bathurst, Surfers Paradise, Phillip Island, Brands Hatch and Zandvoort.

I'm hating the penalty system and I get incredibly fustrated when I constantly get penalties during qualifying for "gaining an advantage" when I run wide or use a bit of the run off areas.

The AI isn't bad, but at times they get really annoying, running into me and ruining my race. Today though one of the AI cars ran into me and suprisingly gave me a great advantage. He hit me, sending me wide, straight into the barriers on the outside of Bathurst's Quarry bend. While the AI taking the racing line argued about who should come first, I somehow managed to keep the car in somewhat good shape and came out ahead of them and eventually taking the win.

Overall this game has been great fun and I'm sure it'll continue to bring some good racing for a while.

On a side-note: After 5 years of being here at GTPlanet, I'm pretty sure this has been my longest post. :lol:

It's definetly a fun game, the AI is interesting to say the least and while the physics aren't "sim", the Pro-sim setting does a decent job of replicating individual handling traits.

Wow, bet you didn't expect a reply that fast, just checked the time you posted!

It's definetly a fun game, the AI is interesting to say the least and while the physics aren't "sim", the Pro-sim setting does a decent job of replicating individual handling traits.

Wow, bet you didn't expect a reply that fast, just checked the time you posted!

Haha, certainly didn't.

I've been using pro-sim mide. I tried the regular driving mode once and it was terrible. The worst thing I'm finding about the wheelspin is the fact that the AI seem to get very little or none at all sometimes. It seems as if they can get through some corners effortlessly, where as if I try to do the same corner in the same fashion I'll end up sideways. :indiff:

Yes, I can only speak from using the wheel so wheelspin is fairly easy to keep in check in most cars - the V8's and DTMs give the most trouble but settings can help quite a bit (downforce, brake bias for curing turn in oversteer).

I know this thread is dead, many people now owning a PS3 and playing online GT4P (Jp), but last weekend I finally managed to have a decent broadband connection at home and took TRD3 out of the shelf to try - at long last - the online mode.

I must say it has been an amazing and addictive experience. I'm a bit rusty on this game (hadn't played it for over one year), so I'm just semi-fast and have been humbled by many excellent drivers (no problems with losing, it's just that my kid thought I was THE BEST IN THE WORLD and noe he knows I'm not ... :dopey: )

To my amazement, there are still many players out there. 90% of them are very, very good (I guess kids don't play "old" games) and correct drivers.

I didn't see any nick I know from GTPlanet (but I know only a few of you guys), and I still don't have a headset (I'll try to solve that this week), something that doesn't prevent me to race, but makes communication almost impossible (the chat is horrible, it takes a lot of time to write something more than "hi", "ok", or "sorry" :dopey: ).

If anyone here is still playing online, my online name there is also HUN200KMH (portuguese flag).

And, btw, my (talented, I must say) 10 year old son is MADBULLFIGHTER (portuguese flag). I told him that nick was a bit agressive and that any mistake he did would probably get him kicked out, but he thought it was great ... :ill:

But if you guys see him, or race with him, please know that his racing code of conduct was set by me, so he is a correct driver, any mishap was probably a mistake.

(if, on the contrary, you spot him behaving like a moron, just tell me here and I'll "ground him" for a week :lol: )

PS - I know this is the wrong thread, but there's no use in ressurecting another. I also tried to go online with TDU (several times) and, after waiting for a while with the message "connecting to TDU Servers", it fails with a message saying that the connection to TDU Servers was not possible. Are they down?

Hey, I'll look into racing online again then. What class of racer have you been piloting? I normally play around with the V8 super cars, man I love thoase Ford Falcons, and the Holdens aren't bad either. I'vebeen running a Holden just because I liked the paint job. I have to admitthough I discovered the baja bugs on the offroad section and man I got hooked. My kids love when I dedicate a race to wrecking. You can make those bugs flip over twice in the air befor3e coming down in a mass of mayhem!

Last night I hosted one full F.Ford championship and also the Silver Arrows Endurance championship. I just love those Mercs (W196) and the tracks (Zandvoort, Silverstone and Spa) are awesome.

Had great fun and watched great driving skills from some players.

btw, I already have my headset, and it was funny to drive and at the same time be able to talk to (and listen) others.

Mostly, what I heard was:

"Oh, Man ..."

"...not again ..."

and a few other words I can't write here ... :D

OK, playing through this again, though I really shouldn't right now, lots of work...

Anyway, does anyone want to explain to me how I'm supposed to match the AI qualifying times in the BMW Williams F1 Challenge on World Tour? (the next to last tier, not the last one)

I'm no tuning expert, so I just set the tyres to the softer compound, and put the downforce to max ...

... that and a lot of "restarts"... :D

Back