TOCA Race Driver/V8 Supercars - new videos

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 39 comments
Well, that info may or may not pose a problem. I recently purchased the Myst Trilogy (don't ask ...) only to discover it doesn't run on Windows 2000. So I have to make sure the game and the wheel work in 2000. I'm sure the wheel will, but oddly enough, a few newer games don't.

I'll check their site.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

Have I ever mentioned that I'm half Hungarian? My grandfather would be proud of me to be pointing that out.

Hey everybody! I'm Hungarian! We're bad ass mathmatitions! (but we can't spell for jack ...)

I've got to get a few cool computer racing games. Is F1 2001 on the top of the list? Does it support a Logitech Wheel? I might check that out.

~LoudMusic

F12001 is definetly one of the best. If you need instant gratification then pick it up. Or better yet, grab F1 2002. It's improved or course and all that spiffy stuff. And many of the mods for F12k1 are already/inproccess of working with F12k2. hows that! and FIA GT??? the best mod of them all?? coming
soooooon :D actually, someone made a direct conversion for F12k1, but the guys at SBDT didn't like that...hehe

oh yea...the wheel. but of course!! the game will support any Direct Input compliant device. i use both the Force RS and i also use a PS2 controller. sweet stuff

I've had that issue with some of my older games - I still play Jack Nicklaus 6 (mainly because of the Course Editor and I can download courses on the web), and I have to play it on the laptop because the PC won't run it under Win2K - and it seems, as you mention, a lot of the newer games won't operate in that environment.

LOL!! vat, did you just change your avatar? i was just thinking about that bastard vader!!

thinking back now, i remember the first time i saw your name in the forums i coulda swore it said "vader_man" :darkside:

SWEET! More of my avatars are being used. That makes me happy (:

Nice to see you again Angel ... you were 'away' weren't you? I didn't see you posting much anyway.

Good night all! See you tomorrow or something.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by Angel O'Death
LOL!! vat, did you just change your avatar? i was just thinking about that bastard vader!!

thinking back now, i remember the first time i saw your name in the forums i coulda swore it said "vader_man" :darkside:

Ha! You should refer to my comments in the GTPlanet Awards thread!

I did carry a Vader avatar for a while - one of the many LoudMusic has been kind enough to provide.

Wow! Those videos are definitely impressive, but is it just me or do the cars appear a bit too "twitchy"?

As for the graphics - did anyone take a look at their development screenshots? We just never realise how much work goes into making games like this... :eek:

The cars were twitchy in the original series (that was half the fun!).

Nice pick-up on the shots - I hadn't had a chance to go through the screenshots in any details - I love the exploded shot of that car - look at all the detail (drilled discs!).

yea those are nice models. reminds me of WSC :D ever tried racer? it's free and its got some great potential. quite a few talented modelers makin stuff. as for those drilled discs, its just texture. it would be a huge waste of pollies to actually model the holes. still, very nice stuff :D and wouldn't you think the cars would be twitchy IRL? the steering is most likely very sensitive so the drivers only have to make minute movements for corrections and turns etc.. but with a controller or a wheel in the wrong hands, it'll turn into disaster :D

Back