TOCA6 - Spurgy, Team RPM, Volvo, and Chris Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,469 comments
  • 152,935 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
R02OVERALL1.png


R02INDY1.png


R02TEAMS1.png


R02MAKES1.png
 
good to lead the indy championship by 10 points, hopefully i can still be there in 18 races time
 
My races...

Race 1: Started 3rd and was quite content to settle into a rhythm behind Dax. We then started what would become a race long battle with many changes in position, in the midst of which I had a little off that enabled Smuffy to catch up to me and eventually pass me. The three of us stayed close together and at the end of lap 7 (I think) I was able to retake 3rd position when it started raining. Smuffy began to drop away then (edit: had an off at Degner), and I managed to get close to Dax again with the help of the slipstream, passed him before 130R, he passed me back into the chicane, I managed to exit the chicane with more speed though and as we passed the finishing line side by side, he got the better of me by 0.010 seconds. Great fight, and very clean.

Race 2: Started naturally pretty much in the back on slicks only to discover that the rain actually DID carry over to the race. Came into the pits after some guys had already done so the laps before at surface water about 30%, only to discover that straight after my stop at the worst possible time the track started drying again. I knew I had to make the most of my inters then and there, but ran into Chris's Honda and had real trouble getting past, because of its blinding speed on straights. Chris certainly also made it as wide as it could possibly be. This caused other drivers to catch up until there was a train of 4 cars behind Chris. I lost a couple of spots in the frenzy, and subsequently my inters had seen their prime and wouldn't allow me to get anything more than 11th.

Started 3rd in Race 3 and had a cracking start, quickly got out in front and had a lead of about 5 or 6 seconds after 2 laps. I noticed on lap 3 that Spurgy had taken over P2, so a quick calculation said that, if the qualifying-times were any indication, he would catch up with me towards the end of the race. Which he did in lap 7, although I had only constantly done sub-15 laptimes, overtaking me in/after the hairpin. I could only follow from this point, with no real chance of overtaking anymore.

In all, I'm pretty happy with this week's racing. Race 1 was a thrill, and Race 3 was the best I could do on this day. Looking forward to the Ring!!
 
Last edited:
With akmuq, gokartman, carb, and chqr all out, 4 entries are available. New entries would need to qualify in obviously.
 
Really not looking forward to the 'Ring after the understeer I had today.
 
Wow I took a 5 spot drop in points.
 
i think i saw him pull over on lap 5, have you looked at the replay at all?
 
Not had any replay chance. And that means I need to add a couple points to James as I thought he was not classified.
 
Furinkazen
Not had any replay chance. And that means I need to add a couple points to James as I thought he was not classified.

Well I almost made the second race. I was only 5 seconds off.
 
Tbh James I don't think you will qualify for any more this season...
 
Furinkazen
Tbh James I don't think you will qualify for any more this season...

Why is that?
 
james6653
Why is that?

You are pretty much off the pace. In the quali race you finished almost a minute behind me.
 
Why is that?

Don't forget about blocking me through Turns 1, 2 and 3 on my pre-qualifying hotlap! What the hell was all that about?
 
NascarManiaco99
You are pretty much off the pace. In the quali race you finished almost a minute behind me.
I would have been fine if someone hadn't hit me into the sand.
Tom
Don't forget about blocking me through Turns 1, 2 and 3 on my pre-qualifying hotlap! What the hell was all that about?

I didn't mean to block you Tom. Also if I would have moved over any in 1 & 2 I would have put my self into the wall.
 
I just want to leave a sorry to conbon for the t-bone on the quali race, I really tried to divebomb the Casio Triangle and my front tires locked for some odd reason. Probably it was because of the lane I choosed to make the move, being the one with less grip.

I would have been fine if someone hadn't hit me into the sand.

It wasn't me, because I was already ahead of you when out of the blue you disappeared from my track radar.
 
You do lack alot of pace and you have no awareness imo.. From the Conti race at Laguna, (35 laps) where I lapped you 4 or 5 times.. (On 2nd and 3rd lappings you punted me off remember.. :rolleyes:) If that was anything to go by the Tom blocking sounds very similar to what I seen then, wouldn't be surprised if there was more incidents like that already..
 
I didn't mean to block you Tom. Also if I would have moved over any in 1 & 2 I would have put my self into the wall.

How so? You must've seen me on your map coming down the straight whilst you had just exited the pit-lane. You could have easily slowed down until I had passed and that would have been that or you could have even gone straight on after exiting pit-lane and used the tarmac run-off at Turn 1.
 
Anyone who has a problem with me here in TOCA feel free to blow up my inbox.
 
Yup Tom same as what I have noted in james's driving 0 situational awareness..

I'm sorry james but being slow is one thing it's a million times worse with you as you have poor awareness. Slow + no awareness = :irked:.

Just saying from what I have seen and heard in your races you've taken out lapping cars etc, be that other cars in your class or the faster class and gernerally have poor car control. In the two pre seasons for ALMS you stopped after like 2-5 laps.
 
We're not telling you this because we want to have a dig at you James, we're telling you so you're more careful of it in the future.
 
Well when I get good starts I am fine but when people start to pull away I can't catch them unless I follow their exact line.
 
A good start isn't going to magic away 4-5 seconds of pace difference, so your main focus for now should be to actually work out a system so you know exactly what is around you etc. (For e.g in Qualifing for ALMS pre season last night I was fastest in LMP but exited the the pits to see 2 GTs flying down towards the first bend at Nurb so I stopped my LMP short of the bend to let them pass safe. That is a good example of situational awareness ;). Aka I wasn't on a lap and they were)

Tbh I can't fathom how one can be so slow.. Chris James (BTCC driver, slowest one ever) is the obvious proof that it is possible though :lol:.
 
Last edited:
chrisjohnson93
good to lead the indy championship by 10 points, hopefully i can still be there in 18 races time

I'm not at next round, so you should keep that lead for a while.
 
I'm not at next round, so you should keep that lead for a while.

That will mean 5 quali spots for Nurb.

Also, Me and Joe have agreed that next week, there will be no pre-quali race hotlap, and quali race order will be randomised effectively. Quali race itself is still 1 lap, with the main events 2 and 4 laps. The 4 lapper-has a mandatory pit stop.
 
And Furi, can you please start on time next week, running 20-30 minutes late is quite annoying seeing as we have SC after :)
 
And Furi, can you please start on time next week, running 20-30 minutes late is quite annoying seeing as we have SC after :)

My PS3 froze when I opened the lobby, so that was a delayed re-set, and the problems with Conbon took 10 minutes. Won't happen again, and I did apologise in lobby.
 
Last edited:
Furinkazen
My PS3 froze when I opened the lobby, so that was a delayed re-set, and the problems with Conbon took 10 minutes. Won't happen again, and I did apologise in lobby.

You can't help that mate, don't blame your self 👍

Edit: Also, only 4 people who have competed and haven't left aren't locked in!! James, Haitch, Michelin and Tom. The rest are either locked in, never competed or left...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back