TOCA6 - Spurgy, Team RPM, Volvo, and Chris Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,469 comments
  • 152,934 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the TOCA series next year will move away from these regs slightly into a more "open" environment with more variation ;)

I don't like that idea, TOCA as it is is great. Maybe a change of cars but keeping within certain regulations whether they're BTC, S2000, NGTC or whatever.
 
Tom
I don't like that idea, TOCA as it is is great. Maybe a change of cars but keeping within certain regulations whether they're BTC, S2000, NGTC or whatever.

Don't worry, no detuned Lexus ISF's or Audi RS6's are coming anytime soon :lol:
 
Don't worry, no detuned Lexus ISF's or Audi RS6's are coming anytime soon :lol:

Or Mustang's? Maybe add some Saloons in, even if they're standard. That would be great.
 
Tom
Or Mustang's? Maybe add some Saloons in, even if they're standard. That would be great.

Planning on exhausting premiums first. ~grabs Scirocco~

All existing testing data I am declaring null and void so everything is being done more thoroughly.
 
In my opinion I would like to see a TOCA 90's series, even being Standards, we have quite a lot 90's saloons.
 
In my opinion I would like to see a TOCA 90's series, even being Standards, we have quite a lot 90's saloons.

Thats been in works for a looong time, they are quite hard to drive... watch this space ;)
 
Thats been in works for a looong time, they are quite hard to drive... watch this space ;)

Well, if you need a test driver, ya know where to find one. :sly:
 
An interview with the founder of TOCA, Alex Coady

What changes are we to expect for the future of TOCA?
The future for TOCA looks strong. The current technical regulations are being tweaked, and we have had fresh interest from manufacturers old and new. Already two current makes have commited to Season 7 in January 2013

Do you have any plans regarding RPM's future?
RPM are firmly routed in TOCA. They will be around as long as the championship will be.

For Season 7 I may add, details will emerge over th last few races of the season. By January 1st 2013, it should be ready.

Are we likely to see any new tracks in future seasons?
Possibly one. Deals are being worked out but an announcement should come in second half of the season.

Who of the debutants have impressed you so far?
Snowcrash arrived at Motegi with little testing and car time and flew. Elsewhere a lot of the field are showing glimpses of promise as well.

How do you think that the Infiniti has performed on it's return?
Difficult to tell. Certainly not as well as Sakery would have wanted I think. But it's still early days.

Finally, how long would you like to see TOCA continuing for?
2013 will almost certainly be TOCA's final full year. At least for a while. There comes a time where you have to pause, switch off and take a break. But it depends on interest.
​
 
Everyone has any idea of what lap time we will be running this saturday? I pulled out a 9:20, but I think I can improve.
 
Everyone has any idea of what lap time we will be running this saturday? I pulled out a 9:20, but I think I can improve.

Did a 9:15 in my 2nd lap I tried, and that was a pretty good lap and I was surprised how forgiving the otherwise twitchy setup on my Mazda felt. Was only experimenting with the transmission with 1 outlap afterwards. The thing with the Ring is, you can always go faster, but more risk over a whole lap leads to a high probability of more mistakes over the length of this lap. You'll never get everything right.

So, a 9:10 is probably possible, but with more or less 1 lap to qualify, I'm not sure we'll see someone go there. (Can't say how fast exactly the Volvo is on this track though)
 
I think my record is around 9.18 mark. Spurgy I think did a 9.04 to take pole IIRC.
 
Furinkazen
I think my record is around 9.18 mark. Spurgy I think did a 9.04 to take pole IIRC.

:sly: Joe wasn't too far off that either :)
 
I may skip Nurb, practicing around the track I remember why I rage quit last season at this road rally of a track as it's so punishing and hard to race at and i'm always slow here. I'll wait for a proper track like Monza.
 

The problem with the RX-8 is, when you mix it with FF-cars, to get the same laptimes, you have to massively restrict its power (or load it with lots of ballast). As the RX-8 is famously fast in corners, you will get complaints about its lack of power on the straights. The nature of these cars is just too different.

This is always the problem with any balance of performance and what we see to some extent in this series right now. The BMW's have trouble overtaking on straights, even if they're sometimes faster on the entirety of the lap. But giving them more grunt would offset the balance.

I love it though when there's a variety of cars in a series, and they also have slightly different characteristics. And I must say, that the balance in TOCA is really pretty good. I don't think any car has a big advantage, and the influence of the driver is much greater than the alleged disadvantages of one car or the other.

PS: I love doing a balance of performance on a field of cars for my own fun (doing a GT3-class currently), so if anyone wants me to help testing for an upcoming series, I'm in, time providing. Might as well put it to some use.
 
I still am clueless as to why the Nord is on the calender.
It's a brilliant track, but TOCA is all about close racing and Nord doesn't really promote close racing.
 
9.22.6 My practice time at nurb.

Topped out on gears halfway down main straight and down a few others so there is a bit more to find.
 
I still am clueless as to why the Nord is on the calender.
It's a brilliant track, but TOCA is all about close racing and Nord doesn't really promote close racing.

Precisely.
 
Tom
Precisely.

At the end of the day this is a touring car championship, Nordschliefe is more of a GT/LMP track, it's the same story with Le Sarthe. (Although this is now removed thank the heavens.)

Just not really suiting this story.

Not a moan, just some thoughts.

I am sure I will get called a moaner anyway.

Also, Might as well skip qualifying, and maybe even the races, as the BMW will lose about 30 seconds a lap purely on the straight.
 
Stop moaning Dax, seriously... ;):p
 
You're just jealous about how funny I am Dax. :p
 
Dax has a point though
 
Dax has a point though

And a very good one at that, I can't stand the 24H track. It's just appalling.
 
DaxCobra
I still am clueless as to why the Nord is on the calender.
It's a brilliant track, but TOCA is all about close racing and Nord doesn't really promote close racing.

+3, I have to agree, close racing is why I came, good thing I'm missing it!
 
I've already moaned about it so I'll just metaphorically sit down and give evil's to everyone who disagree's with my already correct opinions.
 
Tom
And a very good one at that, I can't stand the 24H track. It's just appalling.

:odd:

It's amazing....in the right car. 👍
 
Will do my first tests here with the G35. My goal is a 8:59 xDDDDDDD
No serious a 9:20ish lap would be cool.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back