TOCA6 - Spurgy, Team RPM, Volvo, and Chris Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,469 comments
  • 152,932 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still am clueless as to why the Nord is on the calender.
It's a brilliant track, but TOCA is all about close racing and Nord doesn't really promote close racing.

I beg to differ. Some of the most intense and closest races I've had have been on the Nordschleife.
 
I agree with snow, its a complex tight track with lots of close racing.
 
:odd:

It's amazing....in the right car. 👍

It's far too overrated for what it is and if if you go off or end up getting punted off then that's your race over.
 
We will see come Saturday.

If close racing means crashing then sure.
 
Crashing it is then:-P
 
In a Volvo however....

You'll be quicker than everything else. :sly:

Tom
It's far too overrated for what it is and if if you go off or end up getting punted off then that's your race over.

I disagree, in the Lotus Club Cup I fell way behind due to knocking sagarismic off and having to wait, but fought back to finish 2nd, so it can be done. If you know the track well enough it's really fun. The main problem with it is that it divides the level of drivers further than most tracks (i.e. people who'd normally be within half a second of the leaders are a few seconds or more off pace). :sick:
 
Last edited:
Last season the top 3 pretty much ran away from the beginning and never looked back...
 
Did a quick couple of laps in my Volvo and managed a 9.11.5 which is pretty much the limit of what I can do.
 
Did a quick couple of laps in my Volvo and managed a 9.11.5 which is pretty much the limit of what I can do.

Just did a 9:10.9. :D

...which is about a 0.1 seconds difference on a normal length lap. Also not much more in there. Maybe a second or two at the most.

Looking forward to chasing you on Saturday!
 
snowgt
Just did a 9:10.9. :D

...which is about a 0.1 seconds difference on a normal length lap. Also not much more in there. Maybe a second or two at the most.

Looking forward to chasing you on Saturday!

Looks like we got a race on our hands!
 
Joe should be on a similar pace as well, so we can have a 3 way fight for the win :) Also re-tested the Mazda around Suzuka just for Carb and my times were pretty much the same, although I did only do one lap :p just having a run around Nurb in it and it's feeling better than my Volvo :crazy:

EDIT: I may or may not have had tyre wear off :rolleyes: Then I get DC'd again, I shall try another test some other time :dopey:
 
Last edited:
You just dont realise how perfect the bmw is until you drive round the ring.
 
I'm still suffering from some understeer in some corner entries with the Volvo, I have some changes made to test to see if I can get rid of it.. I think I can put a 9:15, and depending of how I am on the Saturday (mentally I mean), I think I can atleast run a second or two behind Spurgy.. but I have to qualify to the main races so we'll never know. :lol:
 
I might have difficulty making it this saturday, though I will still be there if I can.

Is it possible to use a GT5 save on another PS3 as long as you use the same PSN account?
 
I might have difficulty making it this saturday, though I will still be there if I can.

Is it possible to use a GT5 save on another PS3 as long as you use the same PSN account?

No idea.

About the Nordschleife, it's a unique event. Tough to pass? Yes definitly. A challenge? Of course, thats why it is "the green hell". It's something unique on the calendar, something totally different.

Also remember the 4 lap Race 2 has a mandatory pit stop, which may be even more important with the tyre wear now being uses.

@BMW drivers. Sure, it suffers down straights. But there's 73 corners (discounting the GP track!) for them to tear through...
 
"Go Green Racing" will not be attending the third round as we believe that the track is not a suitable place to debut the new car and team. We will certainly attending Monza with a competitive car.
 
"Go Green Racing" will not be attending the third round as we believe that the track is not a suitable place to debut the new car and team. We will certainly attending Monza with a competitive car.

So are you and Bazzers on the same team or not?
 
I probably can´t make it -_-
Love that Track and I think G35 would be good at some sections.
Will test but it´s 75% that I´m not there.
 
BMW is on par with other cars through corners, but it is no faster.
 
How many spot are open for qualifying at this point?
 
Ok what are we doing for the qualifying race?


Room will open around 10mins earlier saturday

Quali race a 1 lap event starting at quarter past the hour, dead on.

Then a 30 min quali session, which offers a chance of ONE flying lap, basically you have to be out before 9 minutes of the session have elapsed.

Then Race 1, and Race 2. Race 2 has 1 MANDATORY pit stop. Anyone who does not pit will be disqualified.
 
Room will open around 10mins earlier saturday

Quali race a 1 lap event starting at quarter past the hour, dead on.

Then a 30 min quali session, which offers a chance of ONE flying lap, basically you have to be out before 9 minutes of the session have elapsed.

Then Race 1, and Race 2. Race 2 has 1 MANDATORY pit stop. Anyone who does not pit will be disqualified.

Damn it, beat me to it.
 
Furi, you should start the quali race at 7.00, otherwise we will end up running late again. :)
 
Furi, you should start the quali race at 7.00, otherwise we will end up running late again. :)

Bear in mind I no longer run 7-9pm, it was officially extended in late S4.2 to 7pm to 9.30pm
 
Yes, but it would be nice if we didn't all have to rush over to SC for quali :dopey:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back