Tokyo Game Show

• Thread starter Earth
  • 262 comments
PlayStation 3 : November 2006
Gran Turismo 4 : December / February 2005

Gran Turismo 6 on PS3, it's possible ! Kazu and Ordonez have announced GT6 is full production. Nobody ask him, via twitter, for GT6 on TGS ?

We already know its going to be released but on what format? If PS4 then there is no way we'll see it, I really hope it's not PS3 as it needs to be a launch title for PS4. But if it is PS3 then I guess an annoucment should be fairly soon.

Much prefer to hear about a Spec3 update and more DLC at this point

I can agree with some of you here that this is really the last chance for any GT6 announcement if this game is to be a 2013 game.

We already know its going to be released but on what format? If PS4 then there is no way we'll see it, I really hope it's not PS3 as it needs to be a launch title for PS4. But if it is PS3 then I guess an annoucment should be fairly soon.

Much prefer to hear about a Spec3 update and more DLC at this point

I doubt Spec 3 or more DLC will make Gt5 that much more interesting. Unless Spec 3 will give us a bunch of new content, features, A-Spec overhaul, many more tracks (for free?), it's better to just wait for GT6 and let them focus on that.

- My opinion.

I think many of you underestimate the ability of Sony and PD to let fans wait over and over again.

I am not confident about any big news about Gran Turismo from the TGS. Maybe we hear a magical sentence from KY again about his vision.

I am so sick of it, that they cant talk open about the development. It is really frustrating.

From recent internet gossip I could even see a 2014 GT6-launch. But I really dont want to see that happen, even if FM5 is coming soon.

They're just playable games on the show floor. Not all games covered will be playable.

*Phew* Thank you for mentioning that SimonK. For a second there, I was about to fall in tears, but that's good to know they're just playable. lol! :D

But again, that's only the games on the show floor. If a game is going to be revealed for the first time in the press conference it's not going to be on the show floor to play beforehand and isn't going to be listed as such. If they did, where would the excitement be when they announce X game?

I mean I don't think there were any gameplay booths at PAX but imagine if there was and Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes was listed as being there? Kinda kills the whole surprise announcement, no?

I doubt we'd have a playable demo with the first trailer anyway! Remember GT5 @ E3 2009? If we get anything if will be similar to that.

I doubt we'd have a playable demo with the first trailer anyway! Remember GT5 @ E3 2009? If we get anything if will be similar to that.

No I know, same with my Metal Gear example, I'm just saying that GT6 wouldn't be in a list like that even if there was a playable demo. It would be added AFTER it was revealed, if there was one. A lot of studios do that, they'll reveal a game at these shows and then end by saying you can play the demo you just saw on the game floors tomorrow.

In short, don't panic that GT6 isn't in that list. It won't be.

Game companies are allready starting to show their next gen graphics engines. Just this year:

1. Konami showed the Fox Engine which will be used to make MGS5 (also used to make MGS Ground Zeroes which is current gen)

2. Epic showed Unreal Engine 4

3. Crytech 3

4. Square Enix Luminous Engine (spelling)

5. Teaser shot of L.A. Noire developers next gen game\

The list can go on and on. Also, there have been a number of job postings for next gen games (call of duty, Fallout 4, ect.).

The PS4 is gamings worst kept secret. I think the only reasons Sony hasn't shown the PS4 is because:

1. They don't want to distract people from the PS Vita

2. They don't want to give Microsoft time to copy features of the PS4

3. They want to give the PS3 one last good year

Sorry for the long comment, but in a nut shell, other developers are allready showing their next generation stuff, why can't PD show a tech demo of GT6 at TGS?

other developers are allready showing their next generation stuff, why can't PD show a tech demo of GT6?
Because Sony can't use the "it's running on a high end PC" excuse that third parties can, because GT6 obviously isn't going to be on PC. It's either on PS3 or PS4, and casually showing a next gen GT demo would be the same as announcing PS4, something which won't happen until Sony are ready.

If GT6 is on PS4, you're unlikely to see or hear about it until PS4 is officially announced. Of course, if it's on PS3, showing a next gen demo doesn't make sense.

I should have added that you'd have to be pretty naive to think they have no idea what the other is doing until they go public. Because they most certainly do and don't need to wait for the other to be released before they think about copying something.

I hope we will see something at TGS. We need to if it's gonna be on PS3.

Glad I'm not alone in thinking this, because this is the case. I would put my mortgage on it.

MGS fans even thought Ground Zeros was a Next-Gen game until they specified it as this Gen. This is how late into the game we are for AAA titles on these consoles. It's now or never. Last Chance Saloon. Your favorite saying, it's that.

Here we go, the count down begins.

Yep. Because the next big event to announce a game is E3 next June and with most industry people assuming next gen consoles will be revealed there or even earlier there is no chance of a PS3 GT6 also being announced.

Gran turismo 6 will not be at TGS this year. (IMO) But hey, anything can happen; Not gonna hold my breath on it though.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo is two words dude. I wouldn't normally say anything but your track list thread is titled like that as well.

Here's my thoughts:

1. It would be VERY surprising to NOT hear anything at TSG on the GT series. That's PD's and Sony's home court show. And with Forza Horizon coming out and Forza 4's success, PD/Sony needs to get some of those fans and momentum back. I know I've been enjoying Forza 4 and am quite looking forward to see what Horizon has to offer since I haven't really heard or seen anything worth while from GT as of late.

2. GT6 on PS3 would be a little surprising this late in the PS3 life cycle. But that would reveal a high possibility of PS4 being to some extent backwards compatible. I can't see a slow grind, long development cycle game like GT being released on the current gen right before the release of the next gen.

3. I think there will be a massive GT5 update as the swan-song??? per se for GT5. Possibly multiple new tracks (not different configurations of the same track) with day/night AND weather for them all, more cars (more than just 4 or 5, and not another Mini or GT-R or Miata or FT-86 clone), and possibly new features (multi-class racing for one because that really doesn't seem hard to do). More cars are a definite welcome especially with recent and non-Japanese cars like 2013 Shelby GT500 (Mr. Shelby just passed away so Kaz might honor him by putting this car in ... I hope), Audi RS5, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, etc. I'm not wish listing (maybe a little), but the cars available definitely need to be updated with the times to take back some of the thunder GT once had. Forza is killing GT is this department. Don't have Porsche? Do what FM4 did with RUF. I just don't understand why ... I'll stop right there. *breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out*

All in all, I think GT5 3.0, or whatever you want to call it, would be the best thing at this point. GT6 can have now and all the rest of the time till PS4 to be worked on. Now if there is a GT Vita, I'm going to be pissed. That means there is no focus on GT6 and GT5. PD is spread thin as is. Besides, GT IMO was never meant for a hand-held. Playing GT without a wheel takes away from the game and immersion. It's fine on console, but GT should always have wheel available.

Personally I think it's too late in GT5's life cycle to be putting that much effort into it. Cars and tracks take a long time to build, tracks in particular, you would have to imagine any more tracks they have now are being saved to boost GT6.

Personally I think it's too late in GT5's life cycle to be putting that much effort into it. Cars and tracks take a long time to build, tracks in particular, you would have to imagine any more tracks they have now are being saved to boost GT6.

Two or three classic tracks like Midfield and El Capitan are very possible because PD made them up. All they have to do is update the graphics. And remember, the premium cars are "low res" 3D models of GT6 cars as quoted by Kaz. So any premium car they make would go towards GT6 anyway.

To be frank. I don't care for a Spec 3.0 Update at this point. I need a new game. :lol:

Back