Taipei Game Show 2022

• Thread starter c0sm1c0wl
  • 66 comments
I can imagine most of what is shown at this show will be things already revealed outside of China, it would be nice to get something new as well.

I can imagine most of what is shown at this show will be things already revealed outside of China, it would be nice to get something new as well.
For starters, they shown the "Racer" and "PS5" behind the scenes videos.

So... nothing, nada, zip. :confused:

EDIT:
First live stream I've ever watched, so not a brilliant incentive to continue to do so and if anything, a vindication of my reasoning for not having fallen into the trap previously. Cynical, I know, but I'm feeling that way right now, unsurprisingly.

Last edited:
That was fine. PS5ers will have better feedback with the controllers. I guess holding a steady line in corners will be the biggest plus.

Are they planning to just reveal nothing, other than that the game will have cars, tracks, and the usual features, or...? I've heard of surprise album drops, but never of surprise games. We knew so much more about GT6 and GT Sport a month before their releases.

Last edited:
I hope there'll be no further questions about why we don't write news articles for literally every games show that says it'll have GT on the stream.

If we're confident it will be something brand new and never seen before, or an official event, we'll write an article. If not, then doing so would only create extreme rage - both on the forums and on social media - at us for hyping up something (even if we write a fully objective piece, we'll be blamed for generating hype simply by writing about it: "GTPlanet wrote about it so it must know something") if it then doesn't show anything new. And probably deservedly so.

We'd rather be surprised by new information at an event we weren't expecting than ramp up everyone's expectations for nothing.

Are they planning to just reveal nothing, other than that the game will have cars, tracks, and the usual features, or...? I've heard of surprise album drops, but never of surprise games. We knew so much more about GT6 and GT Sport a month before their releases.
Typically if nothing is shown that usually means
A: It's about to be delayed AGAIN
or
B: Just some weird marketing strategy that builds hype for the game in some weird sense???

or
B: Just some weird marketing strategy that builds hype for the game in some weird sense???
It was for new casual gamers not familiar with GT.

The show exceeded my expectations. They had good chemistry and provided English subtitles. It was great to see someone who is knowledgeable and appreciative of the franchise provide his insight into it (His content doesn't have English subtitles). Also Kazunori-san confirmed the release date again, hopefully it is not delayed. Not long to go now before it is fully revealed.

I think the game won't be delayed again as it is possible to preorder it.
I think in the next two weeks we will have much more information and see more content.
We don't have much information about the content of the game, but we saw 14 trailers the last months. I think it is much, and now we are in silent period, but it will start soon, because they know we are waiting for it.

I think the game won't be delayed again as it is possible to preorder it.
I think in the next two weeks we will have much more information and see more content.
We don't have much information about the content of the game, but we saw 14 trailers the last months. I think it is much, and now we are in silent period, but it will start soon, because they know we are waiting for it.

They literally just confirmed the release date again at the show. GT will get hyped by Sony after Forbidden West launches.

Last edited:
Back in the day it was also cavorting druids, death by stoning and dung for dinner. A little information on this product they want us to spend money on wouldn't go amiss.
That’s just me at this stage. I digital transferred the numbers from my bank account. I understand those that want more info. I did the same with GT Sport.

You could just wait for the reviews.
True. That’s exactly what I did for GT Sport. Waited to read reviews by gtp members opinions I could trust.

It's important to remember that much of the information shown today could be new to many of the audience in China able to view it. I can understand why we didn't find out anything new today and I wasn't expecting us to, though it would have been nice. But hopefully it won't be too much longer now. It's only a matter of weeks to release at least, so even if anyone is waiting for reviews, it isn't that long now.

But hopefully it won't be too much longer now.
Once Horizontal Flagellation Wolf ships on February 18, we can expect a non-stop onslaught.

Although that's literally only two weeks of promotion, which seems... not enough. I'd hope they'd kick it off at least first week of Febuary; I mean the game's going to be going gold pretty much now.

The GT6 dynamic time/weather trailer didn't come out until a month before release. Polyphony, you have until Feb 4.

tenor.gif

or
If it's A then it will be the tightest delay in games history. The game is barely a month away at this point.

You know it's weird, even though we don't really know much at all, it ironically reinforces the idea there isn't much to know, and it really is just a chunkier GT Sport.

For example, IF there were some genuine surprises on the track list (Sebring, Pikes Peak, Road Atlanta...whatever), my estimate is that we would have heard something by now. However, at the moment I'm thinking it might just be Daytona.

If it's A then it will be the tightest delay in games history. The game is barely a month away at this point.

You know it's weird, even though we don't really know much at all, it ironically reinforces the idea there isn't much to know, and it really is just a chunkier GT Sport.

For example, IF there were some genuine surprises on the track list (Sebring, Pikes Peak, Road Atlanta...whatever), my estimate is that we would have heard something by now. However, at the moment I'm thinking it might just be Daytona.
Today, it was the first time I remember, Kaz himself confirmed the launch date. So Slow down speculations about delay. We should be now very sure, the date will happen and any anytime now in the next weeks, the marketing gets ramped out.

Last edited:
Back