Tokyo Game Show

• Thread starter Earth
  • 262 comments
It would be very petty and pointless of Sony/PD if they were to do that. Spec 2.0 releasing the same time as Forza 4 was pretty pathetic because the update wasn't much cop anyway, releasing a large update this late into the game in the hope of taking custom away from Horizon would just be a waste of time and even more desperate an act.

Spec 3.0 wouldn't be announced at a major game show anyway.

It would be very petty and pointless of Sony/PD if they were to do that. Spec 2.0 releasing the same time as Forza 4 was pretty pathetic because the update wasn't much cop anyway, releasing a large update this late into the game in the hope of taking custom away from Horizon would just be a waste of time and even more desperate an act.

Spec 3.0 wouldn't be announced at a major game show anyway.

It was my guess anyway. Haha. :lol: I do agree with you though.

If GT6 is a PS4 title it's unlikely that PD will announce GT6 before SONY has announced PS4. I mean, it would be like this:

- This is our new game!
- What console is it for?
- Er... I'm not allowed to talk about that yet.

My bet, if GT6 is a PS4 title, is that GT6 will be revealed by the time SONY announces the PS4, and it will be part of an awesome demo of the new console's capabilities.

If GT6 is not a PS4 title, then God only knows.

Well of course, that's what I'm saying. If it's at TGS, it will most likely be a PS3 game. If it's not at TGS, it will be a PS4 game and will be announced at E3 next year with the PS4 most likely. The only other option is that they simply show a snippet/teaser at TGS for a PS4 game. If it's a PS3 game it needs to be fully announced.

Well of course, that's what I'm saying. If it's at TGS, it will most likely be a PS3 game. If it's not at TGS, it will be a PS4 game and will be announced at E3 next year with the PS4 most likely. The only other option is that they simply show a snippet/teaser at TGS for a PS4 game. If it's a PS3 game it needs to be fully announced.

This post sums up my view on it pretty well.

You cannot rule out it being announced as a PS3 game but getting delayed till PS4.

Not being a Debbie downer but that's how it is.

"We can release anytime we want on PS3"= it's getting released on PS4 when Sony say. Lol.

Edit. It's one day until TGS btw. Current thread title is at 2.

Last edited:
Yeah sure, Kaz just can't stop himself from spilling the beans on GT6 right?

No chance, he won't be anywhere near that place. Too many risks of people asking him questions.

lol r u kidding me? the list of crap kaz said that gt5 was going to feature that wasnt actually confirmed and never made it to the game is endless.
And if you think he wasnt stirring the hype tank for GT5 when he said all that then your naive.

You cannot rule out it being announced as a PS3 game but getting delayed till PS4.

Not being a Debbie downer but that's how it is.

"We can release anytime we want on PS3"= it's getting released on PS4 when Sony say. Lol.

Edit. It's one day until TGS btw. Current thread title is at 2.

Assuming the rumours of PS4 being x86 rather than CELL are true that can't happen. Except for the models everything would have to be done from scratch, they couldn't just morph a PS3 game into a pS4 one.

The Sony press conference starts in eight hours (5am UK , 12am eastern US). Can't say I expect anything GT related though. GT Vita maybe. With the GT5-A.E. going on sale next week it seems unlikely they will be ready to announce GT6.

It was almost one year ago that Spec 2.0 was announced and released. Maybe we will see one last big update this fall, along with the new DLC supposedly on the way.

Last edited:
The Sony press conference starts in eight hours (5am UK , 12am eastern US). Can't say I expect anything GT related though. GT Vita maybe. With the GT5-A.E. going on sale next week it seems unlikely they will be ready to announce GT6.

Not this year but next year if possible like GRID 2. Kaz should at least share a bit information with their fans.

Starts at 9 PM PST tonight or at 12 AM EST here in FL. I'll be off to bed at that hour so I'll gladly wake up to the news of GT6 :D. If not, I won't be disappointed but I won't be quite content either. I just want GT5 to end with a bang, with either Spec 3.0 or a massive DLC.

I will be very disappointed however if PD just leaves us hanging for the next 1-2 years with no news whatsoever, which will most likely mean that GT6 will be a PS4 title. :(

Last edited:
I will be glad with just a massive new and last update for GT5. But with what in it...who knows.

Just some concepts shown in it as the Acura NSX Concept and the Subaru BRZ as free content i will be...well not happy because i am in the needs of a new game but oh well.

We at least should get something from TGS. Just news about anything if not more content or upgrades.

We´ll see...i don´t have any hope, just to clarify.

I still dont see GT6 being PS3, GT5 maxes out the memory on the PS3 so why bother with GT6 on the PS3 ??

hence, in my mind no PS4 = no GT6

this, who the hell would want GT6 on the PS3, it would only really be GT5 2.0, new hardware is essential to fix all of the problems (sound, damage modeling, poor interface, etc, etc)

Foxiol
I will be glad with just a massive new and last update for GT5. But with what in it...who knows.

Just some concepts shown in it as the Acura NSX Concept and the Subaru BRZ as free content i will be...well not happy because i am in the needs of a new game but oh well.

We at least should get something from TGS. Just news about anything if not more content or upgrades.

We´ll see...i don´t have any hope, just to clarify.
agreed things are a little like stale bread here in GT world but it's all good because we know that great things are on the way.

Sure anything can happen, but Sony doesn't want GT5 and GT6 to compete with each other. No major corporation wants to compete with itself. Otherwise Shelby Cobras would have Chev engines.

P.S. I want GT6 to be a PS3 game. Even if the system is maxed out with GT5 they could still add features like an expanded A-spec mode and content like cars, tracks, RMs, and customization items. If it's a next gen game we may not see it till 2015 or later. Thats a long wait no matter how much they update GT5.

I'm in the same boat of those that just want a good update for GT5 (spec3 perhaps?) and some new DLC.

Well, niconico account created, waiting for the livestream!

Earth
All I want: 60 second teaser with the words "Coming 2013" at the end.

2016 non-PD time.
Sorry couldn't resist, nobody said it yet. :P

Can't wait until morning to check back here. Not getting my hopes up too high, but you never know. :)

I think the odds of a GT5 update or DLC announcement are higher than any GT6 info.

You wanna place a bet? :sly:

I dont see why GT6 would "need" to be announced at a games conference anyway, Chances are it would but can you actually see a thread going somthing on the lines of .... Why do people keep talking about GT6?
Re: ummm dude GT6 has been out for 2 years.

Fact is if Kaz announced GT6 to his next door neighbour over the garden fence on some idle Tuesday you would know about it before Wednesday and it would be in your console within hours.

Back