Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege (10/13/15)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 224 comments

Do you plan to buy R6: Siege?

• Total voters
I'm going to have a guess and say it's wear and tear from use. Mine has been doing the same thing recently. Sometimes it'll move my character ever so slightly to the left at a slow pace, other times it doesn't register my inputs correctly when I have the stick fully right. I think it's just time for us to get a new one.
Possible, though I just got the forza xbox and controller, September, so it is still relatively new. It doesn't do it in other games, fps etc. The options for the controllers allow dead zone control and I had both analog sticks at the lowest. I bumped it up a notch and it won't do it....as much.

Possible, though I just got the forza xbox and controller, September, so it is still relatively new. It doesn't do it in other games, fps etc. The options for the controllers allow dead zone control and I had both analog sticks at the lowest. I bumped it up a notch and it won't do it....as much.
Ah, very odd then. Mine is just a little over a year old and it's starting to act up. If it's something that is just happening with that game then you might be ok.

I see th
Make sure you remember to open the Uplay app so you get your free skins and goodies. There is also a free 24 hour renown bonus. We had a group together on Friday / Saturday where all of us had the 24 hour bonus renown. With the full group of 5 we were gaining 95% renown each game! The more of your friends that have it in the lobby, the higher it increases for everyone.
Also note it is real time so imo dont buy these with real money, unless the ones bought are game time.

@ImaRobot It seems you are lurking in the Siege thread....does this mean what I hope it means? We'd have fun again like Hardline, only better.....

I see th
Also note it is real time so imo dont buy these with real money, unless the ones bought are game time.

@ImaRobot It seems you are lurking in the Siege thread....does this mean what I hope it means? We'd have fun again like Hardline, only better.....
Been lurking here for a long time :P But yes, it does mean that. I'm hinting very hard to my GF, and I think she's catching on. Jusst last night she asked me if I was going to buy that game(the commercial comes on all the time on Hulu, so that's a plus :P) and I told her I'm not sure, maybe in which she replied what do you mean you don't know?! So I'm thinking she's wondering if I'm going to buy it for myself or not, so she can pick it up.

Either that or I'm just getting my hopes up way too high! :lol: Either way, I'll be buying it for myself if she doesn't do it.

I see th
I have never purchased micro transactions with real money and never will. One of those 24 hour bonus items was in the Uplay for free so I used it. Along with all the free skins.

Right on, I just noticed that the u play 24 one I used, I got about 5 hours out of it and then the next day it was gone. Just an fyi for people.

Yes good point.

I play just terrorist hunt right now. One thing is for sure, I absolutely bust out laughing at some of the deaths in the game. Keep in mind it is dang near fully destructible environments including ceilings, floors, and walls. It gets so intense and you are creeping around trying to find the last enemy or two. Only to be destroyed by a bomber or enemy with C4 through a wall or some other startling situation. I have been blown out of buildings from the 3rd floor and across the screen. One of the few games where you look forward to that final death cam to see how you or your friends got wrecked. So many ridiculous hilarious moments. :lol:

Last edited:
Got the game today for PC and I'm having a blast! I'm not that great, but I can support when needed, still great fun either way. Also have been trying really hard to utilize Fuze's cluster charge. So far I've only taken out little things that were planted. It also seems that people don't use their special perk all that much, doesn't feel that important to use at times either. That might just be because of operators countering each other though.

I've been playing the game here and there, and have run into a problem. I've been running the same settings, around medium with a consistent 60 fps, and today I log in for it to say I'm not meeting the system requirements for the game and I can't even hit 15 now. PC and again with the same settings, thoughts?

Last edited:
I've been playing the game here and there, and have run into a problem. I've been running the same settings, around medium with a consistent 60 fps, and today I log in for it to say I'm not meeting the system requirements for the game and I can't even hit 15 now. PC and again with the same settings, thoughts?

What are your PC specs? I've heard this game is not optimised well on PC.

I have this game but havent opened it yet, i have no idea what to expect. Is this a game that will get boring quick like battlefront (as i've been lead to believe) or is there variety in the maps,locations etc?

EDIT; just reading the link above, looking good

I have this game but havent opened it yet, i have no idea what to expect. Is this a game that will get boring quick like battlefront (as i've been lead to believe) or is there variety in the maps,locations etc?

I will say this, aside from the *insane server/connection problems that are as annoying as a cut-across the knuckle, it is one of the best team-based games I have played. With UBI releasing maps/modes and operators over the next year, quarterly, it should stay fresh for a good while. But it really comes down to whether or not you like the tactical approach. And a communicating team makes the game ideal.

*It seems the issues with the servers are in chunks, meaning I get 3-5 full matches then can't connect for a few tries.

I will say this, aside from the *insane server/connection problems that are as annoying as a cut-across the knuckle, it is one of the best team-based games I have played. With UBI releasing maps/modes and operators over the next year, quarterly, it should stay fresh for a good while. But it really comes down to whether or not you like the tactical approach. And a communicating team makes the game ideal.

*It seems the issues with the servers are in chunks, meaning I get 3-5 full matches then can't connect for a few tries.
Thanks, sounds great as i was looking for something more team based with my mates that requires planning unlike cod, Cant wait to give it a try but not had time yet

It's just the opposite. The more you play, the more you become addicted. For me and everyone I've talked to at least. And communication is extreamly important. If your team isn't communicating, and your playing a team of equal skill, but they are communicating, you will get destroyed.

Some good info for those addicted to the game like me or others on the fence.....DLC free

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-227423-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
I am still truly enjoying this game. I am even more impressed the dlc will be offered for free. Looks like Halo 5 is indeed starting to influence other developers by releasing free content. For those that don't know, ALL the Halo 5 dlc will always be free. I am glad that is starting to happen with more developers.

I am still truly enjoying this game. I am even more impressed the dlc will be offered for free. Looks like Halo 5 is indeed starting to influence other developers by releasing free content. For those that don't know, ALL the Halo 5 dlc will always be free. I am glad that is starting to happen with more developers.
Yeah, I have very little to complain about when it comes to the game itself. When I first started, I had played only Terrorist Hunt, wasn't interested in MP.....then I started to play Casual MP and felt intimidated to try Ranked but I finally gave Ranked a go and it is my new preferred mode, such an adrenaline rush.

I'm curious about the new operators, I utilize almost all of them with the exception of IQ, I like her weapons but her Special is the weakest unless Thatcher is there.

Yeah, I have very little to complain about when it comes to the game itself. When I first started, I had played only Terrorist Hunt, wasn't interested in MP.....then I started to play Casual MP and felt intimidated to try Ranked but I finally gave Ranked a go and it is my new preferred mode, such an adrenaline rush.

I'm curious about the new operators, I utilize almost all of them with the exception of IQ, I like her weapons but her Special is the weakest unless Thatcher is there.
I have not tried the mp against real people yet. I generally stick with terrorist hunt when it comes to Rainbow Six games.

There are actually only a handful of actual "VS" mp games I play. Generally larger scale chaotic mp games like Battlefield or Halo.

I still have a LOT of operators to unlock. I have only used 4. So I have a LONG way to go and a lot to learn about this game.

Also for those that are on the fence about getting this and don't already know, if you buy RSS you get RSV1 and RSV2 for free via BC. :)

The one major complaint I have about RSS is that it is not on dedicated servers. If the host leaves, game over. Not sure about the mp but that's how it is in the Terrorist hunt. All MS games were supposed to be on dedicated servers. I don't fully blame Ubisoft, a lot of that blame goes toward MS. Other than that and a few connection issues, really great game that only improves each week. Especially with free dlc in the future.

Even with thatcher, IQ is useless as Jammers and Electricity are very loud. The only situation she is good for is if the other team has a good pulse user, because she can see pulse through her scanner.

It's just the opposite. The more you play, the more you become addicted. For me and everyone I've talked to at least. And communication is extreamly important. If your team isn't communicating, and your playing a team of equal skill, but they are communicating, you will get destroyed.
I played it last night, very diferent to cod, requires more planning etc and no mindless running about, that will keep the annoying kids away hopefully.

Dont have a headset at the mo so will play it properly when my mates buy it and i'll pick up a headset. Cant wait to get stuck in to it

I played it last night, very diferent to cod, requires more planning etc and no mindless running about, that will keep the annoying kids away hopefully.

Dont have a headset at the mo so will play it properly when my mates buy it and i'll pick up a headset. Cant wait to get stuck in to it
Yes you really need a VERY good headset or surround sound. Rainbow Six games always have amazing audio that will determine life or death in a split second. Especially RSS.

Yes you really need a VERY good headset or surround sound. Rainbow Six games always have amazing audio that will determine life or death in a split second. Especially RSS.
I bought Ear Force DDS2 for £7 last week on amazon lightning deal, it turns any stereo headphone into virtual suround sound, It works quite well but for online i will need a mic too.

Some good info for those addicted to the game like me or others on the fence.....DLC free

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-227423-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Good find. Interesting to see what the new CTUs will be. Also if you look closely at the dark picture with the two operators in it you can see what looks like a under slung shotgun attached to the weapon he's holding. Masterkey as one as the special abilities maybe?

Edit.
R6_news_post-launch_thumb_227486.jpg

I would rather it get delayed than release with a ton of bugs or problems. Plus as you said before, it is free. :)
Agreed. There wasn't a release date in January so it could have been at the end anyway.

I am wondering how the DLC is going to work in terms of everyone? I know UBI said DLC will be free so to not divide the player base but Season Pass holders get Operators earlier than non-season pass holders, but will those operators still be being played in all lobbies regardless of SP and non-SP?

*PS- Many may already know but I just realized that anyone can get rid of Castles bullet-sponge barriers by meleeing them.....alot.

Agreed. There wasn't a release date in January so it could have been at the end anyway.

I am wondering how the DLC is going to work in terms of everyone? I know UBI said DLC will be free so to not divide the player base but Season Pass holders get Operators earlier than non-season pass holders, but will those operators still be being played in all lobbies regardless of SP and non-SP?

*PS- Many may already know but I just realized that anyone can get rid of Castles bullet-sponge barriers by meleeing them.....alot.
If it works anything similar to Halo 5 (H5 also has free dlc) then I am guessing yes SP holders will be able to use those operators against non SP holders. I did not buy the SP.

PS. No I did not know that about Castles bullet sponge barriers. I will keep that in mind if I ever play the mp. I just play Terrorist hunt.

Back