Release date:

March 15, 2019

DzOJ2ZUXgAAzi0z

2070xhs.jpg

2wef5mp.jpg

More info in the post below!

Will be updated...

Last edited:
Shields information in The Division and The Division 2.

• Launch tomorrow in the Division 1, unlocks rewards for The Division 1 and The Division 2.
  • They are new challenges in the game.
  • Some will be retroactive. If you've already accomplished them, they pop immediately.
  • Some will not be, forcing you to go out and do some activities.
  • Shields will get progressively harder. The first 4 are to get players engaged with the system/game again.
  • 1st one Shepard: is unlock the base of operations (likely retroactive for everyone). Other ones: avenger:(kill 10 named bosses in the open world (LZ), 10 in the dark zone, 10 in west side piers. Deadeye: complete all of the weekly HVTs in any given week. Hazard: clear 25 landmarks in the DZ.
  • Another 8 will be added as they move towards The Division 2 launch.
  • Shields are account wide (can switch characters if you want), but some of the rewards go to the specific character you are playing when you complete the shield.
  • Each shield unlock has an associated patch (vanity item) and audio log.
  • Once they are live, they stay live (aka you don't have a short time period to complete these shields).
  • Shield Encrypted Cache:gives you 1 exotic, 2 classified gear set pieces, 2000 phoenix credits, 500 div tech, and 3 cypher keys (Thanks for the assist in the comments).
  • Shields divided into tiers (4 tiers). They unlock in The Division 2: Tier 1: unique weapon skin, Tier 2: outfit/vanity patch. Tier 3: Emote and backpack dye. Tier 4: trophy (something hanging off your backpack, etc.).

Preordered the Ultimate Edition. Was already 10 EUR off in the Uplay store and traded 100 Club units for another 20% discount. With 900+ hours in TD1 and really having enjoyed the alpha test this was a nobrainer for me. :cheers:

Preordered the Ultimate Edition. Was already 10 EUR off in the Uplay store and traded 100 Club units for another 20% discount. With 900+ hours in TD1 and really having enjoyed the alpha test this was a nobrainer for me. :cheers:
I thought the same. Going at 1500+ hours in TD1, and alot of breaks the last 6 months, it was really an easy option.

Hopefully it will play as good as I hope. :dopey:

This is definitely a game I also spent an obscene amount of time on. The only problem being currently is that I think I want to get into Anthem, first, for a bit :( I always hate joining games late though :lol: Either way, I'm definitely picking this up.

Will wait for a very good discount, like I did with the first game.

I enjoyed the story missions from TD1 a lot, the whole post-apocalyptic, snowy NYC atmosphere was really well done, IMO. The new sunny DC setting don't do much for me.

The endgame, though, is where things became too much complex and confusing for my liking. Also never bothered with the toxic mess that is the DZ.

The endgame, though, is where things became too much complex and confusing for my liking. Also never bothered with the toxic mess that is the DZ.
I think that was actually my favorite part. I was a bit intimidated by the DZ at first, but once you get a good set-gear going, it makes it a lot less intimidating. I never found it to be toxic, but always having to be aware of that other PVP agent, and watch him for any funny business made for some scary/fun situations.

I'm reluctant to buy this based on my experience with the first one. The first one wasn't one of those "must buy" games but it was ok, I loved the atmosphere and the the storyline but the game was a let down in other areas.

I'm reluctant to buy this based on my experience with the first one. The first one wasn't one of those "must buy" games but it was ok, I loved the atmosphere and the the storyline but the game was a let down in other areas.
Like most games that share a PVE and PVP world, I hate that most of the good loot was restricted towards the PVP aspect, almost exclusively(I'm looking at you Destiny!). They made it very hard to be a PVE player and still get the good stuff. I was a lone wolf on this game for a while, so I would usually stay away from the DeadZone, but once I found a good group to run with it really expanded the games reputability and fun factor.

They made it very hard to be a PVE player and still get the good stuff.
This was true in the beginning, but not anymore in later iterations. Got fully min/maxxed Classified Striker (2x), Tactician and Reclaimer sets from 99% PVE-only activities. Had some other sets complete as well, but didn't like them so scrapped for parts. Played as lone wolf mostly as well, though obviously not in Legendary missions. ;)

Optimized one Striker set for PVE play and one for PVP/DZ play. The latter I used to collect DivTech in the DZ, at least until that was made obsolete by global events, shields and whatnot. There's no reason to go into the DZ for a PVE player right now, you can get all the goodies elsewhere. 👍

This was true in the beginning, but not anymore in later iterations. Got fully min/maxxed Classified Striker (2x), Tactician and Reclaimer sets from 99% PVE-only activities. Had some other sets complete as well, but didn't like them so scrapped for parts. Played as lone wolf mostly as well, though obviously not in Legendary missions. ;)

Optimized one Striker set for PVE play and one for PVP/DZ play. The latter I used to collect DivTech in the DZ, at least until that was made obsolete by global events, shields and whatnot. There's no reason to go into the DZ for a PVE player right now, you can get all the goodies elsewhere. 👍
I haven't played in a good year or two so I'm not aware. I did try to dabble again when they originally released a 4K update for the release of the Xbox One X, but not for long. I was so far out of the loop that I didn't know what was knew and what was old :lol:

I do feel like reinstalling it from time to time, but always end up doing something else.

I haven't played in a good year or two so I'm not aware.
Best new features: the optimization station; allows you to increase your gear stats to max value by trading in cash and DivTech. Before this feature you needed the correct stats AND have high values on every single gear piece, but with the station you only need the correct stats -> then just maximize them. Combine this with 'classified' gear which allows you to swap two stats instead of one and it's very easy to make a min/maxxed god-set. I ended up with several fully maxxed sets and weapons.

Really curious how TD2 endgame is going to turn out. From the looks of it so far, I think the PVE component is much bigger now, which I think is great since I like solo/coop more than PVP.

Preloading the private beta now. Depending on how many of my friends want to play it, I might have one or two beta access codes available for sharing.

Got one code left for PC. First come first served.

If I pre-ordered through Amazon, do I still get the beta code?
Not 100% sure, but I think you should receive a code for it when ordered via 3rd party.

I got an email to pre-load the private beta. Do I need to have pre-ordered to take part?
No. Pre-order = guaranteed invite, but you also have a chance to be selected if you registered. If you got the mail you're in.

Got one code left for PC. First come first served.

Not 100% sure, but I think you should receive a code for it when ordered via 3rd party.

No. Pre-order = guaranteed invite, but you also have a chance to be selected if you registered. If you got the mail you're in.
Thanks. That is great news. That means I've got three friends codes for PC too. First come first serve.

Much improved from Alpha. Plays really nice now. Massive amounts of loot and materials, which you'll also need to unlock new stuff and build those settlements.

I've noticed a couple bugs with side mission checkpoints.

But agreed. It does play better than the Alpha.

Still, could play even better with more optimization.

Back