Tom Clancy's The Division 2

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 257 comments
Does anyone know the file size for the Xbox One X? I'm trying to figure out how long I'd have to wait when I get home :lol:

Really like this game, could do with some friends to play it with. Anyone fancy it?

Trying to find a light machine gun in this game that was as good as the Pakhan in TD1 is proving difficult. They're all super jumpy and even with trigger discipline to keep the recoil down, still no better at cutting down health on many enemies. Found a M60 in the open beta that did very well, but the 2 I've come across in the full game are nothing like it. All the AKs are about the same as well, regardless of class again, unlike the Pakhan was.

I guess to be fair, in TD1, gun mods were essential in boosting the lethality of the weapons considerably and so far, all my gun mods have been through the crafting system; the devs have removed gun mods as loot and your gun mods can span different weapons unlike TD1 where I found myself mixing and matching grips, magazines, etc. to better guns. I actually sort of miss that puzzle quest; at least the mods' negative attributes weren't as counter-productive as they are in TD2 where a grip can give you instant accuracy but take away just as much critical hit damage.

Trying to find a light machine gun in this game that was as good as the Pakhan in TD1 is proving difficult. They're all super jumpy and even with trigger discipline to keep the recoil down, still no better at cutting down health on many enemies. Found a M60 in the open beta that did very well, but the 2 I've come across in the full game are nothing like it. All the AKs are about the same as well, regardless of class again, unlike the Pakhan was.

I guess to be fair, in TD1, gun mods were essential in boosting the lethality of the weapons considerably and so far, all my gun mods have been through the crafting system; the devs have removed gun mods as loot and your gun mods can span different weapons unlike TD1 where I found myself mixing and matching grips, magazines, etc. to better guns. I actually sort of miss that puzzle quest; at least the mods' negative attributes weren't as counter-productive as they are in TD2 where a grip can give you instant accuracy but take away just as much critical hit damage.
I don’t know why but I like the mods better this time around. Makes you really have to think about your build this time around. A -/+ affect rather than just throwing on anything that outright raises your damage.

As for the LMG, I’m only level 10 but I found a blue M60 that has been destroying everything. 10% fire rate boost so I just focused on stability. Nothing else is comparing to it, so it’s funny you mention that.

I don’t know why but I like the mods better this time around. Makes you really have to think about your build this time around. A -/+ affect rather than just throwing on anything that outright raises your damage.

As for the LMG, I’m only level 10 but I found a blue M60 that has been destroying everything. 10% fire rate boost so I just focused on stability. Nothing else is comparing to it, so it’s funny you mention that.
True.

I'm not going to hold it against the game, though. It's different and the devs have already said things will be tweaked over time. The game is already off to a far better start than TD1 at its infancy.

I actually sort of miss that puzzle quest; at least the mods' negative attributes weren't as counter-productive as they are in TD2 where a grip can give you instant accuracy but take away just as much critical hit damage.
The puzzle is a bit bigger now with gear/brand combos. So match weapon mods with gear/brand combos and you'll be ripping through enemies soon enough. (Or offset those drawbacks, whatever you prefer). There are consequences to maxing out certain stats now, I like that. You can go all in, but will suffer in a specific area. Or go for jack-of-all trades. Also: loadouts for different situations.

Just wait till you find purples, or yellows. :D

Just wait till you find purples, or yellows. :D
I found one yellow MK16 over the weekend and it has been doing me well. Built it for 77% Crit damage, and 20% Crit Chance.

While the Microtransactions don't bother me, what does is that the actual cosmetic items don't really seem to be flowing in like they were in TD1. I hope that all the good stuff isn't locked behind a paywall.

I found one yellow MK16 over the weekend and it has been doing me well. Built it for 77% Crit damage, and 20% Crit Chance.

While the Microtransactions don't bother me, what does is that the actual cosmetic items don't really seem to be flowing in like they were in TD1. I hope that all the good stuff isn't locked behind a paywall.

Noticed that in the beta.

Noticed that in the beta.
Yeah, hopefully it's not as bad later down the line. Not complaining really, but I do notice it's massively different now.

Do the supply rooms in Control Points refresh the loot daily? I noticed that Control Points that I finished the day prior, had new fresh loot boxes inside of the room - All but the actual supply crate. So I fast traveled to all the other locations I had beat the day before and they all had the same thing.

EDIT: Quick google search shows that, yes, they do infact refresh daily. That's good to know!

Did my first Stronghold today at level 26. Really liking these, they're a bit like a mixture of a Legendary mission and an Incursion from TD1. Haven't tried to solo one yet, but quite happy that I was in a group today. :lol:

Did my first Stronghold today at level 26. Really liking these, they're a bit like a mixture of a Legendary mission and an Incursion from TD1. Haven't tried to solo one yet, but quite happy that I was in a group today. :lol:
I wonder how it will be if you retry it at Level 30. Both games had a tendency for missions to become easier when you hit the level recommended or above, even if the enemies scale to you.

So far, I've read its the open world enemies that have been harder in the end game tiers.

Yeah definitely. I’m pretty sure you’re already on my list. I’m usually on most nights.

Alright. I think my copy either arrived today, and I wasn't able to pick it up, or it comes tomorrow. Either way, you'll need to give me a few days to get a bit into it.

Alright. I think my copy either arrived today, and I wasn't able to pick it up, or it comes tomorrow. Either way, you'll need to give me a few days to get a bit into it.
Don’t worry, I still feel I do too, and I’ve been playing :lol:

I like how I can walk around for two hours, get absolutely nothing done, but still feel accomplished by the end of the session. There's just so much to do right now early into the map, so right now I'm basically just clearing off every major point per section, up to the Southwest.

I can already tell this game is going to be taking a lot of my free time.

Whatever you do, don't team up with higher leveled players.
You will be a burden to them and won't be able to do anything.
I thought the point of matchmaking was to match you with equally leveled people.

Whatever you do, don't team up with higher leveled players.
You will be a burden to them and won't be able to do anything.
I thought the point of matchmaking was to match you with equally leveled people.
Your damage output is supposed to be scaled to their level, but I heard there's supposedly issues with health and armor scaling. Not sure the validity behind that, but that's been circulating.

I wonder how it will be if you retry it at Level 30.
There's still world tiers 1-4 (and 5 upcoming) and more difficulty settings. :D

Your damage output is supposed to be scaled to their level, but I heard there's supposedly issues with health and armor scaling. Not sure the validity behind that, but that's been circulating.
Definitely issues, I have filed a report for it. My mate was 8 and I was 16 and he got one shotted and couldn't put a dent in enemies, despite the scaling indicating that he was buffed to level 15. You can check this in the bottom right corner. Then again, it worked fine in other occasions, so I suppose mileage may vary.

So...what happens when you fail a bounty after you complete projects? Can you not do it again?
As far as I can tell, it just disappears. If it's for a day, or permanently I don't know. I've only attempted on so far. Maybe its a feature that just populates endlessly, so if you fail one or not, all you're really missing out on is gear and a count towards the stats?

I haven't attempted another yet just because of how frustrated I got with the first one.

Latest Posts

Back