Tom Clancy's The Division 2

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 257 comments
So, I decided to get a little bit of time in this evening.

- I'm surprised at how natural the switch is from winter to a more summer like environment. It certainly adds a lot more variety in terms of what the environment can be.

- The shooting and combat still feels good. It helps to have played a lot of TD1 somewhat recently, so it's fresh. The armor system also adds a nice buffer so that unlike in TD1, where there was situations that made you feel like you were using every health item in your inventory, you can be a bit riskier.

- Wasn't able to get far, mainly because one instance of being kicked back into the main menu because of a 'bad connection' (even though my connection is fine, and it never gave me problems while playing TD1) and then another where it wanted to boot me back to the main menu, but got stuck on a white screen. Also there's some kind of nasty sound bugs when I was fighting Saint at the Grand Washington Hotel. Still, it's a beta, things are to be expected.

Overall, I'm enjoying the (admittedly, short) time I've had with the game so far.

- Wasn't able to get far, mainly because one instance of being kicked back into the main menu because of a 'bad connection' (even though my connection is fine, and it never gave me problems while playing TD1) and then another where it wanted to boot me back to the main menu, but got stuck on a white screen. Also there's some kind of nasty sound bugs when I was fighting Saint at the Grand Washington Hotel. Still, it's a beta, things are to be expected.
Typical server loads in a Beta.

It's good that they are testing server capacity and load now, so hopefully the game launch will be better. But when was the last time a huge game was released without connection issues or any problems?

I didn't try the beta, but I was so fond of the first one that it's a definite purchase regardless.

I'll be getting it on Xbox, so if anyone wants to, you can add me: lImarobotl*. Just message me if you do so, because sometimes Xbox doesn't even notify me.

*Those are basically lower case L's, since someone else had the random obscure band as their GT that I've been using here for years :(

I didn't try the beta, but I was so fond of the first one that it's a definite purchase regardless.

I'll be getting it on Xbox, so if anyone wants to, you can add me: lImarobotl*. Just message me if you do so, because sometimes Xbox doesn't even notify me.

*Those are basically lower case L's, since someone else had the random obscure band as their GT that I've been using here for years :(

I think I can send out codes to friends via Uplay, if you want it?

I think I can send out codes to friends via Uplay, if you want it?
Thanks, but I'm ok. I'm confident I'll like it from what I know so far. Plus I've been so stuck on Warframe, that until Anthem comes out, I'll likely be playing that until then. Then it'll Anthem until TD2 comes out.

I played a bit last night with my friends on PC. Overall it was very good. I got disconnected a few times but that's the point of the beta. But the main issue was after about an hour my RAM usage went up to 98%. I think there's a memory leak issue

So far really enjoying this, played the end game mission a few times and it's very nice. Really digging the weapons and modding system too.

I played a bit last night with my friends on PC. Overall it was very good. I got disconnected a few times but that's the point of the beta. But the main issue was after about an hour my RAM usage went up to 98%. I think there's a memory leak issue
Yes, confirmed by devs. Is fixed, but not in this build.

DzOJ2ZUXgAAzi0z

Learned my lesson the 1st time when I bought the season pass and after they let the dark zone ruin the game, never touched it again. Staying far away from this one.

I am very suspect about Ubisoft's track with this game.
People were very vocal about them changing the game to PVE, but instead, they gave us more PVP options.

Open beta is running quite smoothly. A few issues (e.g. sound) here and there, but nothing game-breaking. Looking forward to the release!

I played the first one a lot, wasn't so much skeptical on this one more so I just didn't think I would invest the same amount of time. However, playing the Open Beta and seeing what the End Game has in store thanks to the developer stream today, I'll be getting this one.

But, I'll be sticking with the base copy for now. I went all out on the first one and while I did enjoy all its expansions, I think I'll be a bit more picky this time. The developers are usually pretty good about not keeping any special content locked behind a LE/UE besides a unique perk/weapon/skin and allowing everyone a chance through the marketplace.

Why am I overly excited about a photomode most of all? :lol: The first game was beautiful, especially during snow storms at night, so I'm definitely looking to spend some time with this.

EDIT: Hopefully it's not just talking about screen caps, though.

That should be interesting to see that as soon as you "beat" the campaign, the game basically resets itself into a harder difficulty & brings in the gear score. IIRC from the first, gear score didn't seem to mean much outside of the DZ & certain bosses.

Looks very promising. :cheers:
Indeed, bloody hyped here. :D

EDIT: Hopefully it's not just talking about screen caps, though.
It's a real photo mode, tried it in the beta. 👍

That should be interesting to see that as soon as you "beat" the campaign, the game basically resets itself into a harder difficulty & brings in the gear score.
I think I understood it's dynamic so they keep clawing back at the things you reclaim. I already suspected as much when playing in the early stages, already figured those captured landmarks weren't permanent. I suspect resource management is going to play a role there too (e.g. I already noticed that those landmarks send out patrols for either resources or security, which I suppose has an impact on how easy/hard it is to keep it).

Anyway, endgame seems packed with nice stuff on launch and plenty of more to come in the upcoming year. Can't wait for the 12th. 👍

Playing thanks the modern miracles of internet technology (VPN) combined with timezones. :cheers: See you in a couple of months I guess. :lol:

Well "lucky" me... I've got a Logitech headset, and with this being a AAA-title, theres bound to be problems...

I have no sound in-game and the game freezes for 20-30 seconds every 2 minutes. I get sound if I alt+tab out, but sound is gone when going back into the game. Amazing work, Massive Bugisoft. *ironic clapping*

So much for 3 days early access.... :banghead:

Well "lucky" me... I've got a Logitech headset, and with this being a AAA-title, theres bound to be problems...

I have no sound in-game and the game freezes for 20-30 seconds every 2 minutes. I get sound if I alt+tab out, but sound is gone when going back into the game. Amazing work, Massive Bugisoft. *ironic clapping*

So much for 3 days early access.... :banghead:
Read on the forums that a Logitech driver update fixes this.

You may have to reinstall the game. I read someone else having the same troubles bc he decided to Alt+F4 out of the game.

Only issue I’ve had so far is the frames taking a huge dip once. Restarting the game fixed it though. Made it to level 4, gonna prolly restart with my newer weapons bc I’m not entirely happy with my character; read it’s best to randomize the agent and then edit as needed. The options aren’t as endless as I thought, and it’s not as easy to make a good looking agent once they’re out in the game and you see them up close.

Other than that, game is great. It feels way more difficult than TD1, and requires a strong amount of strategy by yourself with certain enemies. Love it.

Other than that, game is great. It feels way more difficult than TD1, and requires a strong amount of strategy by yourself with certain enemies. Love it.

Would it be frustratingly so? Because I did the back half of TD1's campaign solo a few months ago, and aside from some spots (**** Grand Central Station and that meat grinder at the end) it wasn't that hard. Granted, I was playing on the normal difficulty, and giving myself good leeway with regards to leveling and weapon skill...

Would it be frustratingly so? Because I did the back half of TD1's campaign solo a few months ago, and aside from some spots (**** Grand Central Station and that meat grinder at the end) it wasn't that hard. Granted, I was playing on the normal difficulty, and giving myself good leeway with regards to leveling and weapon skill...
It may get that way with TD2 as you get better weapons and perks.

But so far, certain enemies like to pin you down with a heavy/stronger enemy and then will flank you. Makes it tough to stay in one spot, esp when cover plays a much more vital role to staying alive and more so when you’ve got a bunch of rushers coming to melee you and force you out.

Upside, getting a LMG can be a huge help early on forcing the enemy into cover; rushers and anyone else out in the open can get shredded by one.

Lots of beta complaints about the mods taking away things; so far, hit or miss. Gun mods can be offset/boosted by a good gear combo or certain guns. Like the semi-auto Mk 16 (I believe) is quite powerful and accurate enough where you can take away a bit of stability to make it even more accurate with a grip if you’re careful with your trigger and remember you can’t just stay out of cover forever anyway. Pop off 2 shots, cover, come back up. Early enemies can get put down pretty quickly with it.

Last edited:
Got the latest drivers installed, both graphics and sound.

Rebooted the PC multiple times. Verified the game files 2 times.
Another thing I found on the interwebz:

I just fixed it by turning Spatial Sound from OFF to Windows Sonic for Headphones to OFF again.

Right click the pc audio in the task bar to do this.
YMMV probably.

It feels way more difficult than TD1, and requires a strong amount of strategy by yourself with certain enemies. Love it.
Yes, especially solo. With a mate it's easier to split aggro (my mate likes to get up close and personal so he flushes the enemies out of cover while I cover from a bigger distance). But it's definitely more of a handful; most locations are designed in a way that allows flanking, so always check corners (when playing multi this works both ways of course).

Oh, and when your armor is gone you'd better get into cover ASAP because health is almost non-existent. This also applies to enemies fortunately. :D Really digging this mechanic. In the end I don't think it does a lot for TTK, but it feels more realistic to blow off armor first, then finish them off quickly. And it means you can't really run-and-gun unless using a shield (my mate uses this combined with a shotgun).

Latest Posts

Back