Too easy to roll?

I rolled the Clio RS at Willow Springs...

when I plowed the final corner trying to make up ground and flew so off course I hit the embankment. Otherwise, I think it seems pretty hard to roll. Even some clenching moments at Trial Mt didn't result in a flip.

Haven't rolled anything yet... I did get two wheels on a BMW 135 concept tii on the ring... I didn't notice until the replay. I think people need to stay off the kerbs.

Well the fact that rollovers being possible outside of smashing into walls/custom lumpy tracks seems to be "more" realistic, I suppose, but I guess it still needs fixing…

I don't have GT6 yet, so I don't really have a place in making judgements and arguing with other's yet...
Don't get it, why would it need fixing, because a few players has rolled? naaaah.. Not really. Stay on track.

Drive the LCC Rocket on Cape Ring, so many barrel rolls that could happen if you didn't reset when your top hits the ground in that car

Don't get it, why would it need fixing, because a few players has rolled? naaaah.. Not really. Stay on track.
I'm hearing things about low-gravity, though… I'll look up some rollovers to make some judgements.

Something I was having a problem with in GT5 was the weird friction simulation that went on when you weren't on your wheels… The car would act completely alien to anything I would expect to occur, even with a solid-body asset...

Yes, I had a Scion FR-S almost flipping on the small bump near Döttinger Höhe at Nürburgring. I'm generally not too impressed with the way cars behave in this game. It seems to me that they got carried away with suspension and tire mathematics without actually testing how it works.
To be honest I'm not seeing any issues. And I push cars rather hard most of the time. Never even had one start to roll over. Either I am doing something wrong, or everyone else is. And I don't think it's me.

I rolled a GT-r Nismo Gt3 on Silverstone. It definitely caught me off guard. I didn't think that strip popped out as much as it did. Still don't think it should have rolled.

Never had a car roll over yet, hell I'm not sure I could get one to roll even if I wanted too.

Matterhorn Dristelen, Prius, curb hop... It's easy.

...and fun.

It's not very easy at all, though. You have to intentionally want to roll. Forza made it too easy to roll, you could do it off of every curb in Forza. I'm glad I don't have to return to those dark days.

To be honest I'm not seeing any issues. And I push cars rather hard most of the time. Never even had one start to roll over. Either I am doing something wrong, or everyone else is. And I don't think it's me.

Ok, you can try pushing a stock Ferrari 365 GTB4 as hard as you can through the left bend curb between Füchsröhe and Adenauer Forst at the Nordschleife. I remember flipping this car in that particular spot on the first day I played the game. I never came close to doing that with any car in GT5.

Ok, you can try pushing a stock Ferrari 365 GTB4 as hard as you can through the left bend curb between Füchsröhe and Adenauer Forst at the Nordschleife. I remember flipping this car in that particular spot on the first day I played the game. I never came close to doing that with any car in GT5.
I'm pretty sure the cars physics are exactly the same in GT5 as they are in GT6 too.

I'm pretty sure the cars physics are exactly the same in GT5 as they are in GT6 too.

Not only did PD promote their new physics engine but the amount of car flipping people are reporting in GT6 is probably no coincidence. In GT5 you were lucky if you managed to flip an old Fiat 500.

Not only did PD promote their new physics engine but the amount of car flipping people are reporting in GT6 is probably no coincidence. In GT5 you were lucky if you managed to flip an old Fiat 500.
people are flipping because they are doing something wrong. I didn't roll a car in gt6 yet

people are flipping because they are doing something wrong. I didn't roll a car in gt6 yet

I never managed to flip a car in GT5. Why have I already flipped one car and had another close call within one week with GT6? What am I suddenly doing wrong over this past week that I did right during my three years with GT5?

If your rolling your cars your doing it wrong. Clean up your lines and avoid steep curbs. You never see cars in real life go over steep curb, like the Nordschliefe. So it's not the game, it's you.

I hope you were joking. In case you aren't though, there's definitely something wrong with the race cars doing it, you don't even need to clip a particularly big curb and it'll just roll right over like the roof is made of lead. I've seen plenty of GT cars using huge curbs at many tracks including the Nurburgring but they never seem to instantly grip roll while doing it.

I don't think ANYONE is saying its a "Problem". We're not trying to "blame" the game. We're just saying in GT6 it's now POSSIBLE where in GT5 I don't think it EVER happened. Therefore, the conclusion my dear Watson is that the physics in GT6 have most certainly changed.

I hope you were joking. In case you aren't though, there's definitely something wrong with the race cars doing it, you don't even need to clip a particularly big curb and it'll just roll right over like the roof is made of lead. I've seen plenty of GT cars using huge curbs at many tracks including the Nurburgring but they never seem to instantly grip roll while doing it.

How do these racecars look to you?

Stuff like in that video does not happen in GT6, unless the car is tuned to grip roll.

Car designers were never very bright were they? They need decades of mistakes to correct something that should have been obvious from day 1.
Why would you think its a good idea to make a tyre and wheel where the contact patch on the side of the tyre is just as big or bigger than the bottom part which is meant to contact the road?

You can see all these cars flip because the huge sidewall of the tyre becomes the gripping point.

All the body roll and suspension flex gets the wheel into positive camber, and the tyre flexes to the point it suddenly makes full proper contact with the road, and at this point there is so much weight from the entire car and momentum that the grip is so high the car suddenly flips.

You can see the only car that doesn't flip is the porsche 911 because it has lower profile tyres.

Last edited:
Car designers were never very bright were they? They need decades of mistakes to correct something that should have been obvious from day 1.
Why would you think its a good idea to make a tyre and wheel where the contact patch on the side of the tyre is just as big or bigger than the bottom part which is meant to contact the road?

You can see all these cars flip because the huge sidewall of the tyre becomes the gripping point.

All the body roll and suspension flex gets the wheel into positive camber, and the tyre flexes to the point it suddenly makes full proper contact with the road, and at this point there is so much weight from the entire car and momentum that the grip is so high the car suddenly flips.

You can see the only car that doesn't flip is the porsche 911 because it has lower profile tyres.

As you pointed out the 911 doesn't, but not because of its lower tires. Its because of its vertical weight distribution... O_O PD needs to add vertical weight distribution if they haven't already. :crazy:

I rolled a GT-r Nismo Gt3 on Silverstone. It definitely caught me off guard. I didn't think that strip popped out as much as it did. Still don't think it should have rolled.

Is it from the final corner?
Apparently some kerbs have a red lump on the inside of Silverstone, the most prevalent is the final corner of the GP and International variation.

Sure you could, I flipped a few cars in GT5 on Nurburgring by accident of course. I flipped a McLaren F1 by hitting a steep curb then the railing which resulted in a barrel roll across the track. I also flipped the X1 which really surprised me but it happened sure enough.

Sure you could, I flipped a few cars in GT5 on Nurburgring by accident of course. I flipped a McLaren F1 by hitting a steep curb then the railing which resulted in a barrel roll across the track. I also flipped the X1 which really surprised me but it happened sure enough.

I remember rolling a 500pp RS M3.

What track is trail mountain?

Trial_Mountain_start-finish_banner_with_logo.jpg

GT5_circuit_Trial_Mountain_Rvs.svg

I never managed to flip a car in GT5. Why have I already flipped one car and had another close call within one week with GT6? What am I suddenly doing wrong over this past week that I did right during my three years with GT5?

It's called a new physics engine. You couldn't roll a car PERIOD in GT5. Incredibly unrealistic.

Now in gt6, you can. That's a good thing btw.

I haven't rolled yet either though. I've gotten real close running over a curb once. That was awesome, couldn't ever do that in 5

Back