Top Gear new series - 22 May

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ruffest
  • 37 comments
  • 1,499 views
Messages
107
After a 5 month wait, it's back tonight! Finally we don't have to watch that Fifth Gear...

Stormtroopers? Bah! Give me the Stig anyday! 👍

black_stig.jpg
 
Ruffest
After a 5 month wait, it's back tonight! Finally we don't have to watch that Fifth Gear...

Stormtroopers? Bah! Give me the Stig anyday! 👍

black_stig.jpg

:lol:

At last its back on, i felt sick when i was told how long it would be till it was on again :crazy:
 
That soccer game with those Toyotas was quite funny, it should be an official sport!

The Range Rover vs Challenger tank was the most exciting thing I've seen since the Elise vs Apache Longbow attack helicopter episode. Now, only if it was an American M1A2 Abrams...
 
Good start to the new series, I just hope the Speed 12 gets given the go ahead to appear.
 
The football game and the race between the range rover and tank was wicked.

Nice drifting by Clarkson in the Mercedes at the start 👍
 
And a class start to the season it was!!!
If i remember correctly, when the show started, they showed a few samples of what would be happening in this series, and i saw jezza in a merc slr, saying "i have to beat them this time" - looks like another car vs other transport race!!! Hooray!!

As for the toyota football!! Whoooo!!! It may just have reunited my love of football, if i ever had one ...
 
Yep, I noticed that SLR scene too, looking forward to it. One of the best bits of TopGear EVER was the DB9 v the train, fantastic watch that, I've seen it about 7 times.
 
live4speed
Yep, I noticed that SLR scene too, looking forward to it. One of the best bits of TopGear EVER was the DB9 v the train, fantastic watch that, I've seen it about 7 times.
7 times? exciting as it was i found the 2nd time boring. i could watch the football game 7 times though, i just loved how consequently they did it, including some good fouls.. :D

the first show was a blast indeed, although the tank vs. rangey looked a little bit more made up than the apache vs. exige. great pictures nevertheless.
 
At the start they also showed a sample of a clip of a ford transit van on the nurburgring which should be fun to watch
 
Slick Rick
At the start they also showed a sample of a clip of a ford transit van on the nurburgring which should be fun to watch
ive already seen a private video of jorund saim (rip:() going round there with a mercedes sprinter. you could hear stuff falling about in the back while he drifted the whole thing through wet parts of the track... 👍
 
My fave part of the last series was when Jeremy raced a plane and a train to Switzerland!

This series has started off great too.
 
Slick Rick
At the start they also showed a sample of a clip of a ford transit van on the nurburgring which should be fun to watch

Oh yeah! Forgot about that. I think in the last series, when jezza managed to get the time of 9 minutes and 59 seconds in a jag s type diesel, he told that german woman (i forget her name, heidi or something) who was training him, and she replied " 9 minutes 59 seconds? I could do that in a van!". I think that might have something to do with it
 
Yep, totally, she's called Sabrine. Jerremy will get some stick in that episode.
 
If only there was a Transit in GT4...
 
The Ariel Atom was my favourite part of last series.

I want one!
 
Can't remember if it was the last series but I liked it when the tried to beat a speed camera and they managed to do it with a TVR, missed it last week I lost my hard drive no computer! :mad:
 
I think it was the series before the last one, not 100% sure though. I'm sure you'll be able to download last weeks from somewhere.
 
The new fastest car round the TopGear test track is the Maserati MC12, 1'18.9.
 
I'll have to try to find it ,... was it any good todays was good I love it when they get cheap cars and test them!
 
They could have bought a 140hp, 140mph, ultra-reliable, independant suspension, fully disk-braked J-plate Mazda MX-3 V6 for their ÂŁ1500 with no problem. Would have slapped ass - especially around Millbrook's Alpine course.
 
Yeah but you'd probably know more about the MX-3 than any of them. The Starion was a good buy, he just put too big a turbo on it without changing other parts.
 
I quite liked the Starion, didn't look too bad with the new paint job either
 
lol it was funny to see James May failing to get to Oxford, that Jag was in all sorts of pieces :lol: btw that 4 hour race looked fun, imagine that being in Gran Turismo! :crazy:
 
Lol, i think hammond could be classified as a 'ricer' after seeing his efforts on the BMW and the Porsche from last series i wonder if he does it as a joke. although i'm pretty sure Jez mentioned in one episode that he had a Turbo badge on his own non turbo Porsche. I like the guys charger though.

Can't wait for Van around the ring!!!
 
I remember his charger that was sweet
 
the whole show is a joke. 👍

from what i heard he owns/owned an old porsche...i dont think he would dare to stick a turbo badge on that.
 
Yeah I think Hammond has thing about 911's he always seem to talk about them and rates them all very highly (carrera, carrera 2, gt4 etc....)
 
Back