Top gear test track changes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Doriya
  • 142 comments
  • 13,244 views

Should these changes be made?

  • Yes, these changes should be made

    Votes: 308 59.3%
  • No, the TGTT setup is fine

    Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Potato

    Votes: 189 36.4%

  • Total voters
    519
Weird how, on the rally courses, there are invisible walls that you bounce off of to prevent you driving off map, but Top Gear doesn't get them... just cones.

Inconsistency.

I cant see how invisible walls would be better than cones. Where´s the freedom in that? I hate invisible walls... i agree limiting track space, but not near the track... its awful when you are going sideways and suddenly you hit your backend in a INVISIBLE wall...
 
By that same argument, it's also not hard to get to level 40 by ONLY doing the sunday cup... It's not fun, and it's a hassle, but it's not hard.

Really?? You find stopping a car on a certain point that much of a hassle. I have to say, the problem isn't the game.
 
Anyone else misled by the title? I thought they had added "time/weather" in the Top Gear Test Track and I didn't know about it!! lol
 
I regularly pop in to Dunsfold Aerodrome so am very desperate for no barriers. Made an excuse a couple of times so I could drive on the track for real. Was looking forward to driving round a place I know so well.
Potato btw
 
Could not care less about the cones, makes no difference to me. Invisable walls doesn't bother me either. However, not letting us readily recreate the star in a reasonably prices car is an absolute shocker, was really looking forward to doing that since they told us of the top gear track, big dissapointment that. None of the cars and no standing start, don't know what they were thinking there to be honest. Still, I love the track none the less.
 
For me, moving the barriers back and adding the standing start are musts.

And I dont understand why do I have to brake to corner the Followthrough properly in my Datsun 510 and the Stig can take it flat out in a supercar.
 
Potato for me.

Anyway i think like many of you already said POLIPHONY DIGITAL GIVE US ACESS TO THE WHOLE GOD DAMN RUNWAY AND REMOVE THE INVISIBLE BARRIERS ITS SO STUPID!!!! 🤬

Is it really that hard?! :scared:
 
1) Cold/standing start
- This is to allow us to try and match the top gear lap times, without having to line up on the line ourselves.

2) Removal of cones
- To make the track look more realistic

I agree with the first. Definably will make it seem more like the show. However, I think the removal of cones wouldn't go down to well with some of the people that don't know the track too well.
 
I agree with the first. Definably will make it seem more like the show. However, I think the removal of cones wouldn't go down to well with some of the people that don't know the track too well.

And I don´t see the sense of removing the cones. I like them a lot, because I don´t race on this track but use it as THE test track (like its called). And so, the cones increase the atmosphere.

But, please put the invisible walls 10 meters back.
 
The cones are there to prevent people from taking short-cuts.


That would make sense if they actually did that. They have almost no effect on the cars that hit them. I think they're there as a guide for people who are unfamiliar with the track. So all they needed to do was make a second version where the only difference is a lack of cones, for the people who know the track.
 
It's not hard to stop and do off the lines yourself...

So how do you make the clock start at the line then, since you've been doing it all along?
 
So how do you make the clock start at the line then, since you've been doing it all along?

1. Pull up to the line. Find a maker or something on the track. I always pull my bumper up the the end of the crack.
2. Stop.
3. Notice the overall timer has started,(this is the important part) BUT NOT THE LAP TIMER.
4. Go!
5. Notice the lap timer didn't start till you crossed the line.
 
Weird how, on the rally courses, there are invisible walls that you bounce off of to prevent you driving off map, but Top Gear doesn't get them... just cones.

Inconsistency.

So, does GT5 needs to be all about consistency?
Or are you?

Tell me:....

@ TRK, lol, do you know what you're talking about???
 
need standing start and a suzuki liana ! i also was really looking forward to se if i could beat JK and the other stars on the lap board , but no, thank you very much sony
 
1. Pull up to the line. Find a maker or something on the track. I always pull my bumper up the the end of the crack.
2. Stop.
3. Notice the overall timer has started,(this is the important part) BUT NOT THE LAP TIMER.
4. Go!
5. Notice the lap timer didn't start till you crossed the line.

This wouldn't be a problem. . . if the timer would start AT the line instead of 2 yards behind it.
 
Nice Day,
With all due respect, I don't really understand why people like Top Gear Test Track? Well, the yanquis do surely love their own product without flow. With their mighty Shig on their way!
 
Really?? You find stopping a car on a certain point that much of a hassle. I have to say, the problem isn't the game.

I have better things to do with my time than to bother lining up a car for every lap I want to time.

When I play a game, it's for the fun of it, not for the tedium. If you get your kicks out of tedium, then go for it :)
 
1. Pull up to the line. Find a maker or something on the track. I always pull my bumper up the the end of the crack.
2. Stop.
3. Notice the overall timer has started,(this is the important part) BUT NOT THE LAP TIMER.
4. Go!
5. Notice the lap timer didn't start till you crossed the line.

Then you hit a wall or make a mistake... Restart, go to the line, find that crack, stop, then go.

As opposed to having a cold/grid/standing start where you: hit a wall, restart, go.

So... what's your objection to making life easier?
 
need standing start and a suzuki liana ! i also was really looking forward to se if i could beat JK and the other stars on the lap board , but no, thank you very much sony

I can't remember. was the liana the main car? or was that the cheverolet leseti (wrong spelling).

They started off with the liana, but I think more of the seasons used the leseti (I really have no idea how to spell it).

I was looking forward to doing the power lap board. That would have been a great challenge in itself.
 
Lacceti i think. It was around for about 8 seasons, the Liana was around for about four as the main car and continues to be used for F1 drivers. The Ceed has been used for one season.

That equals 15 seasons
 
Replay camera angles should match the ones from the show where possible. Oh and a yes vote from me definitely.

+1 The Beeb does do some great camera work on that show. I think that's what hooked me from the first. What they do with the challenges is awesome.

...and some kind of challenge would be awesome as well. I know it's too much to ask for, but when the Stig drove a Lotus 72 in Spain and the boys tried to beat him in an M3, a C63, and RS4, I was in heaven.
 
Last edited:
Then you hit a wall or make a mistake... Restart, go to the line, find that crack, stop, then go.

As opposed to having a cold/grid/standing start where you: hit a wall, restart, go.

So... what's your objection to making life easier?


Thats not making life easier, thats just catering to the LAZY.

I have better things to do with my time than to bother lining up a car for every lap I want to time.

When I play a game, it's for the fun of it, not for the tedium. If you get your kicks out of tedium, then go for it :)

If you have better thing to do then you probably shouldn't be playing a video game in the first place. Its like wanting to satisfy your woman but not wanting to put more than 10 minutes into it.

Get you priorities straight, son!
 
Thats not making life easier, thats just catering to the LAZY.
So the fact that I can't be bothered to constantly apply a workaround for something they left out of the game for no good reason and which could be implemented in minutes is laziness on my side? Interesting...
 
The real lazy tedious bit is not having the track available from the start like the other tracks and only having one race on this track (British lightweights) instead yiou have to unlock it by doing the tedious as hell vw van race and getting gold. The van is slow and hardly consistent with a "racing" game and its just a tedious, frustrating race, all this just to unlock the track that was hyped as being in the game by the marketing.The whole thing just reeks of dirty pussy, figuratively speaking. Why not have an endurance race at Top gear test track? That would be fun, also, more of the A-spec events should have been at this track, it seems its been misunderused in the game, and what you have to go through to unlock it. Opportunity squandered PD.
 
So the fact that I can't be bothered to constantly apply a workaround for something they left out of the game for no good reason and which could be implemented in minutes is laziness on my side? Interesting...

Its not like any ones asking you to build Rome. This work around takes 4 seconds. What else you gonna do? NOTHING!!! At least I'm trying to make stuff work, all you want to do is come on to a website and complain. If that required getting off your ass, you probably wouldn't do that. OMG you people are willing to pop open ps3s and install new HDD but you don't wanna press a few buttons???

Second of all, who said we were getting "a segment of GT5 based of the popular TV show Top Gear"? No one, people heard we were going to get the TGTT and seen some shots of The Stig in a trailer and people made all kinds of assumption. Look it up, Google it. Everything says GT5 will get that track not features from the show.

This is, again, another case of people jumping on the hype train and getting pissed off when it drops them off some where other than the promise land.
 
Back