- 379

- PNW
- Zenmervolt
The fact of the matter is, we are not PD. The only productive thing we can do is a work around. You can post here, but you're HOPING someone from PD MIGHT read it, and IF they agree, something MAY change. Screw hope, might, if, may and any other word of uncertainty. I'm suggesting a way to fix it NOW.
Please provide the source that you're using to support the unspoken, but unavoidably necessary, assumption you have that the people wishing for the opportunity to easily do a standing start are somehow claiming that the work-around isn't possible.
If you can't provide a source for that implicit assumption in your reasoning, you're logically forced to accept the fact that it's possible both to prefer an alternate option to the current setup and still deal with things as they are now.
Yes, I do thinks its lazy. People rather cry and complain until someones else does something instead of making it work themselves. If that's not lazy...
It's a rational trade-off based on the value of the end result. For many people, the "value" of having a lap time comparable to Top Gear is not worth the "cost" of meticulously lining the car up with a by-guess-and-by-gosh approximation of the proper start line.
This is a video game, not a high-precision operation. I'm fine being fiddly and meticulous about setting the valve lash for the solid lifters on my motorcycle because there's actually a worthwhile payoff. I'm not terribly interested in guestimating the proper starting point for a lap on a video game. It's just not important enough for me to bother with it. If the standing start were incorporated into the game, that would make it easy enough that I'd muck about with the timed laps. As it is, well, a guy I used to work with would say that the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
The people suggesting that having a standing start option would be nice are simply stating just that: It would be nice. They aren't saying that the work-around is "too hard", they're just saying that they'd prefer it if the game could handle it. We know the game can manage standing starts (you can choose a standing start if you use the TGTT for an online race). There's no effort involved in putting the issue out there in hopes that maybe PD will implement a change in the next patch. Raising the issue has no cost at all, so why not?
PS: Anytime someone makes a personal, off topic shot, I feel like you know I'm right and your running out of points to defend your topic.
Kind of like when someone calls people "lazy" because they have suggested a better way of doing things?