Top Gear Test Track Lotus Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter wills2084
  • 348 comments
  • 74,745 views
Golding this is a piece of cake by kicking off the track the rest in the tight turns and cheating a bit in a couple of points in the track.
 
Skid control to mild, Traction Control to 3. All other aids off. Did it no problem at all. And was using a DS3 controller instead of my wheel.
 
Either I'm really good or people arn't doing it right. I wizzed through this in just a couple tries. I just wasn't hard to me. :S
 
people with experience in drifting will think it is easier than other people. i hope you guys understand what I mean, i myself had zilver at the first try
 
Keep trying, but if you cant finidh it, stop it for an month and try it again
 
I found this easier with the controller instead of the wheel. Just be easy on the gas and brakes
 
I completed last night with DS3. Default settings except ABS 10. The key is to be in at least 3rd by the end of Lap 1.
 
The key is to be in at least 3rd by the end of Lap 1.

And first by the end of the second lap
sherlock.gif
 
I completed last night with DS3. Default settings except ABS 10. The key is to be in at least 3rd by the end of Lap 1.

ABS 10 is a bit overkill.
 
Finally got Bronze on this. And then I realized the prize car was for GOLD
 
nmrgoodnightn
Drift!! Thats how I gold this lol

👍 that is how I did it with my SixAxis.. now when I have DFGT wheel (about 4 days, not used to it yet) I cant even get bronze... lol but Im gettin better.. I will have to play all GT all over again just to use to this wheel.. lol
 
dude... why so dirty with your overtakes.... i golded it no tcs, mt, with a very clean race. i hate driving dirty... as you would't do it in real life. It's not that hard.

Thats how they role in Top Gear :sly: So why not mimic there type of racing in there event
 
For DFGT turn active steering to strong.
 
All I needed was the skid recovery force at mild to get gold. Only took me a couple tries too.
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmuczz6o0vc

Here's how I did it with G25, ABS=1, H-shifter and clutch.

Normally I never use ABS but I found no way to set the brake balance so I had no choice. I used no other aids.

ps. Check the end of the video :D
 
I just found i haven't golded this last night. Infact i found a few in Special Events that aren't complete. I thought i had.

I lost patience with it last night, but that might have been the lager?

Must do better.
 
Just keep your cool and try over and over again. In my gold run I somehow managed to get to second place by the end of the first lap. I don't remember what I had the driver aids set to, but it was more than just ABS.
 
Finally golded this one. It was quite a good challenge. No aids other than ABS 1. The most frustrating thing for me was trying to not spin out at first. Once you learn to be more patient with the throttle it gets much better. A lot of "shaking" countersteer motions with the wheel can really help you solidify the grip out of the corners as well. After I figured all that out, the most frustrating thing was the inconsistency in the DQ's for contact. Sometimes the AI would initiate contact from the side and I would get DQed.

A couple times too I was on the final straight away about to overtake for 1st place and I was DQ for no apparent reason. I think an AI car took out an solid orange cone and put it into my path or something. I'm still yet to figure that out, but it happened to me twice.
 
It took me some time to get used to the really low grip level but after 3 or 4 tries I've got gold... using DS3 controller, traction control 1, and ABS 1. You need to keep in mind the AI brakes too early and that makes you think you can overtake everyone, but never forget your tyres are really bad! I guess its confort soft...
 
Well, it's basically like driving a small LMP car. Throttle control, be friends with the accelerator, smooth braking, use drafting to pick up speed.

And don't focus too much on the driving aids, the basic skill you need is knowing how to drive that car and if you don't know it, then no driving aid in the world will save you. Exit the challenge and go for some practice laps (or a month worth of practice, if you need that much...) - get to know the car. Then you will nail it.
 
Last edited:
Use multiple quotes next time instead of posting more than once.^

It took me some time to get used to the really low grip level but after 3 or 4 tries I've got gold... using DS3 controller, traction control 1, and ABS 1. You need to keep in mind the AI brakes too early and that makes you think you can overtake everyone, but never forget your tyres are really bad! I guess its confort soft...

Comfort softs would actually be decent, your elise is actually on comfort hards.
 
SPELL CHECK!

1.TYRES or TIRES (US)

2. BRAKES
 
This was SOOOOO much easier than it was a year ago. The license tests as well. Just did a couple that I could only manage bronze or silver on before with hours of trying and did them on the first try or a few tries today.

Maybe I'll go through and get my 60 golds since it really seems a lot easier now.
 
Have you driven a 111R to really know how it handles? Just learn to drive better.
 
Back