Top Score Drift Run -Video-

Thanks for the response!

Im really glad they didnt just make drifting easier in the actual "drift mode". I would hate for drifting to lose its difficulty!

I might end up getting a PS3 when GT 5 comes out, depending on how good Forza 2 is :sly:

BLKJ Side-FX:

1. I'm happy to say no, the game just has an accurate physics model that is able to recreate real drifting in whatever situation you happen to be in.

2. Yes you can.

3. GT4 drifting was horrendously ridiculous. You take a corner at 100mph with the G bar wasy past 1.0 and rip up the ebrake...the tires slide.....and nothing happens. So stopping the tires abruptly apparently does nothing. Conversely, if you are stopped and burn the tires, turn the wheel and go.....no throttle oversteer? Wtf?

They really dropped the ball with that. It's better than Forza - the cars have realistic brake lockup, unlike Forza where if you considered touching the brakes, they would lock up the front tires just for the threat of it. The throttle control is much more realistic in GT4 than Forza when you are in mid drift, and there is a distinct feeling of where your tires are pointed.

12ounD: I like that cheers smiley, haha, good choice.

I think I've seen your names on a few of the boards, keep it up.

I think they've set up the car for drifting in drift mode, didn't they?

I'm having a lot of trouble learning to drift. Basically, I suck so bad. I've never thought it was even possible to drift in GT4. I saw a lot of post about drifting but never pay attention. And also, I thought I couldn't do it because of my setting is not appropriate for drifting. But now with the online-ranking, I'm quite shocked to be honest. I did OK on the time trial. It's not too difficult for me to break top 50 on a japanese server. And top 10 if I try very hard. But with drifting, it's a whole new game. You guys are great! I'm totally impressed!

So how do I learn to drift? Where do I start? Is old drifting post on GT4 still relevant?

oruji: the gt4 drift threads would probably help, but the way i learned in gt4 was just to use n1 tires and just try to race normally and stay on the track. and after many failed attempts of going off course and spinning out, i learned to brake earlier and ease off the gas. i got basic car control with weight shifting and momentum. it doesnt take much to make your car oversteer, just lots of practice to get it right.

and I find it easier to control the car with the analog stick, with the d-pad i spun out a lot on the corners trying to control the countersteer, it was real easier with the stick. anywho thats how i started, hope that helps some.

oruji: the gt4 drift threads would probably help, but the way i learned in gt4 was just to use n1 tires and just try to race normally and stay on the track. and after many failed attempts of going off course and spinning out, i learned to brake earlier and ease off the gas. i got basic car control with weight shifting and momentum. it doesnt take much to make your car oversteer, just lots of practice to get it right.

and I find it easier to control the car with the analog stick, with the d-pad i spun out a lot on the corners trying to control the countersteer, it was real easier with the stick. anywho thats how i started, hope that helps some.

^^ good man to listen to.

BLKJ Side-FX:

1. I'm happy to say no, the game just has an accurate physics model that is able to recreate real drifting in whatever situation you happen to be in.

2. Yes you can.

3. GT4 drifting was horrendously ridiculous. You take a corner at 100mph with the G bar wasy past 1.0 and rip up the ebrake...the tires slide.....and nothing happens. So stopping the tires abruptly apparently does nothing. Conversely, if you are stopped and burn the tires, turn the wheel and go.....no throttle oversteer? Wtf?

They really dropped the ball with that. It's better than Forza - the cars have realistic brake lockup, unlike Forza where if you considered touching the brakes, they would lock up the front tires just for the threat of it. The throttle control is much more realistic in GT4 than Forza when you are in mid drift, and there is a distinct feeling of where your tires are pointed.

12ounD: I like that cheers smiley, haha, good choice.

I think I've seen your names on a few of the boards, keep it up.
Don't even compare Real life drifting unless you have every aspect of it grasp in your hands. This is just a demo, they might change it but who knows. Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 or do I want it right now because it is too expensive and try using EPR
against GT4 but here
But I love the drifting though:tup:

i didn't give myself the screen name SileightyCyrus because i don't drive a Sileighty...i definitely do know how it compares to real life. though not a perfect simulation, every basic idea and technique can be recreated in the game. whether or not it all responds exactly the same is something that no one could say right now, but it's definitely very, very close to reality.

i didn't give myself the screen name SileightyCyrus because i don't drive a Sileighty...i definitely do know how it compares to real life. though not a perfect simulation, every basic idea and technique can be recreated in the game. whether or not it all responds exactly the same is something that no one could say right now, but it's definitely very, very close to reality.
I know what you mean. but there are other Driving simulators out there like LFS. I drifted in Forza also , I didn't like it because the FC would be under steering like a AWD towards me. Also, it would at least take like a couple of hours, just to unlock the Trueno. and I gave my screen name Nightkids4ever because I saw a Redsuns4ever member on GTP. But if you go to this link. I love your drifting and how it flowed and I wish myself that one day I can own a 180sx. But my family discourages me from drifting because they don't find the point. but anyways. Good job and may your Reign over the Drift Boards Last.

I know what you mean. but there are other Driving simulators out there like LFS. I drifted in Forza also , I didn't like it because the FC would be under steering like a AWD towards me. Also, it would at least take like a couple of hours, just to unlock the Trueno. and I gave my screen name Nightkids4ever because I saw a Redsuns4ever member on GTP. But if you go to this link. I love your drifting and how it flowed and I wish myself that one day I can own a 180sx. But my family discourages me from drifting because they don't find the point. but anyways. Good job and may your Reign over the Drift Boards Last.

How old are you and where are you from? I'm sure that if you wait it out you can either convince them to let you pursue drifting or possibly just go out on your own and do it. The video won't load on my computer because my computer hates me, what is it of?

Thanks for the tips.👍 I'll try to drive around with the low traction and drift setting. My 2 major issues with drifting is I don't know how to maintain or being too agressive.

So just a quick question, is drifting in GTHD easer that drifting in GT4? It looks like the have fixed/tweaked the physics engine so it will but I don't know and I was hoping someone could answer my question

Thank you!

So just a quick question, is drifting in GTHD easer that drifting in GT4? It looks like the have fixed/tweaked the physics engine so it will but I don't know and I was hoping someone could answer my question

Thank you!

It depends. It is about a dozen times more realistic, so if you actually know anything about drifting, it's easier.

im new here, just watched your vid, fooking awesome stuff! :D

ive been practising the 360's too!!! ;)

the scores were reset today so get setting them again!!! :D:D:D

im new here, just watched your vid, fooking awesome stuff! :D

ive been practising the 360's too!!! ;)

the scores were reset today so get setting them again!!! :D:D:D

Haha I didn't have enough time to do them all last night, I had work early in the morning, but I'm back on it tonight. I have a few surprises I'm working on to mix it up a bit.

Has there been any discussion of ebrake drifting vs other techniques. I think the ebrake is kinda amatuer compared to the other more advanced ways like brake or feint drift

Has there been any discussion of ebrake drifting vs other techniques. I think the ebrake is kinda amatuer compared to the other more advanced ways like brake or feint drift

it depends. if you just go straight, ebrake and then slide, it's not exactly the most difficult initiation. however, if you do a long side slide like Nomuken style, or use it to elongate or connect turns, then go for it. pro's use the ebrake, it's stupid to not use something because the way some people use it is easy.

if you want to talk about advanced techniques, how about letting off the throttle for a larger radius turn, or more throttle in certain situations for a smaller radius. how about slight clutch manipulation to upset the balance of the car only slightly, in order to set the weight exactly where you want it.

there's nothing wrong with the ebrake. not using the ebrake is like fighting without one of your legs.

someone called me out in the playstation forums for using the ebrake. i beat my own record without it, and was 5000 points ahead of the second place guy. conversely, i've gotten 16840 in the reverse track with correct ebrake usage. there simply isn't a reason to not use it or say it's not as good as any other of the dozens of techniques.

Just checked the boards and noticed you were #1 for everything. Dang.

Yes you certainly master the drift technique mister Sileighty! Good job on that one, i love the 360! It would be great if you could share the replay i would love to watch it directly in my HDTV!

Thanks for sharing the video anyway, cheers!

Back