Top Speed of GT5 Cars SSR7

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 324 comments
I thought the X1 was also on sarthe - because I figured you were going to modify your first post

I was, but then it got messy, so I figured I would just post new stuff in a separate post. Unless it's clearly marked with SARTHE, it's not on Sarthe.

My Nissan skyline R34 has hit on its own 230mph fully tuned and my fully tuned supra has hit 229mph.
hope this helps
and for drafting the R34 hit 265mph
the car is running on a high rpm turbo and has 809bhp

Last edited:
My Nissan skyline R34 has hit on its own 230mph fully tuned and my fully tuned supra has hit 229mph.
hope this helps
and for drafting the R34 hit 265mph
the car is running on a high rpm turbo and has 809bhp

There are a couple R34's and Supra models, can you be more specific?

Fully-tuned Lotus Esprit can go 372 km/h all by itself. I think it can do better.

Didn't test out with drafting though.

Car: Red Bull X2010 (one you get at lvl 35)
Top speed w/o draft: Irrelevant, too low
Top speed w/ draft: 341 MPH (~550 kph)

Before anyone calls bull-****, this takes some careful planning. I did do it all by my lonesome, with some help from the lovely AI of course.

I stretched the gears out first. Did a one make with all X2010's

1 - Park on curb before the Mulsanne Straight.
2 - Wait roughly 3 minutes for the AI to make their way around
3 - When first few AI cars pass, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
4 - ??????
5- Obscene speeds

hm that's great but this is SSR7 benchmarking & I've seen higher than that on this thread link to thread where someone gets 628/629 kph

I would prefer if the benchmark were hit on SSR7.

I've managed to get my RS6 hit 260mph on Circuit le Sarthe with draft....if I remember correctly I was drafting off a Veyron

Fully-tuned Lotus Esprit can go 372 km/h all by itself. I think it can do better.

It'll go much faster than that with drafting, and some ratio tweaks. The speeds referred to here for the Lotus' (350 and V8 2002 submitted by me) are all based on the standard ratios, but with the "top speed" slider adjusted to the very end. I do this to keep an absolutely clean and fair comparison between my cars. I know it's not the best way to get their ultimate top speed, but hey - it gives all you guys a target! :sly: I also don't use drafting, all my speeds are solo runs.
236mph (377kmh) and 239mph (382kmh) are already in the list, so the gauntlet is set.

hm that's great but this is SSR7 benchmarking & I've seen higher than that on this thread link to thread where someone gets 628/629 kph

I would prefer if the benchmark were hit on SSR7.

Ummm... I hate to rain on your parade, but in theory, the top speed with drafting depends on far too many variables to matter. You should scrap that all together if you're going to nit-pick.

The only reasonable measure of top speed is the natural top speed limit governed by the torque curve (and consequentially, horsepower curve), the gear ratios, and the drag forces on the car.

My engineering brain is freaking out about the drafting top speed...

If I didn't have it on the list someone would complain, I'd rather it be there and people disregard it than not have it and have someone complain that a higher speed can be reached by slipstreaming. If it bothers you, ignore it. Like you say

the top speed with drafting depends on far too many variables to matter.

However, for documentation purposes it falls under the category of attempted top speed of the cars in the game. Also, it may give people an idea of how to gear their car when they're racing, if they plan on slipstreaming efficiently to a certain speed at their redline.

Another thing.. you say drafting speed is variable and yet you're posting a drafting speed.. on the wrong track.

,,,, something big is on the horizon,,,,, >:0)

Super-massive update coming soon, keep watching this space!

Last edited:

I love my Esprit:D
It currently have 716BHP and I'm aiming to get at least 726 out of it once I've completed the engine break in.

Updated list and added link to google docs version. Any contributions are still welcomed. Smuttysy and I will update these lists with whatever information gets provided.

Told you something big was on the way!! >:0)

Just to let you know, the PP min / max is based on detuning a fully tuned and lightened car, including lowering the power limiter to the lowest setting.
Vehicles in RED are completely new additions to the list.

Last edited:
Ok, been doing some more test runs today and have noticed a very strange phenomenon.

Honda NSX race cars have very little or no torque in 6th gear!

I use the gearbox slider to retain the standard (ish) ratios and take that slider to the higher end. With these cars being less than 700bhp I usually set this to 249mph. With this setup they're at best getting around 208mph. So I decided to try something unconventional, make it a 5 speed gearbox by gearing out the ability to automatically change into 6th. So I set the slider to max, made 5th gear as long as possible and made 6th as short as possible.
Now I'm getting around 215mph, in 5th, and no autobox change into 6th. Essentially 6th becomes a drafting gear.

Has anyone else found this sort of thing with other seemingly underpowered cars?

Ok, been doing some more test runs today and have noticed a very strange phenomenon.

Honda NSX race cars have very little or no torque in 6th gear!

I use the gearbox slider to retain the standard (ish) ratios and take that slider to the higher end. With these cars being less than 700bhp I usually set this to 249mph. With this setup they're at best getting around 208mph. So I decided to try something unconventional, make it a 5 speed gearbox by gearing out the ability to automatically change into 6th. So I set the slider to max, made 5th gear as long as possible and made 6th as short as possible.
Now I'm getting around 215mph, in 5th, and no autobox change into 6th. Essentially 6th becomes a drafting gear.

Has anyone else found this sort of thing with other seemingly underpowered cars?

Also noticed that when I jack the top speed bar to max in my Stealth GT500 NSX. Maybe that's why despite a high RPM turbo to help it it still won't even go above 340 km/h. :indiff:

Try my "fix" and see if that helps - set the slider to max, take 5th all the way to the left and 6th all the way to the right and see if that helps. It seems to work for the others I've tried so far. >:0)

I'm sure there are other seemingly underpowered cars that could benefit from this type of treatment.

(EDIT: Also makes the car accelerate really well when you take the bar back down for circuit racing. Match the speed bar to the top speed you managed and it's really good)

Last edited:
Back