Top Speed of GT5 Cars SSR7

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 324 comments
Following on from the Honda NSX LM issues, I've found that all the Japanese GT series cars seem to benefit from this type of gearing.

New additions to the Google Docs spreadsheet. This time it's mostly Japanese Touring Cars. The top 22 remain unchanged, as these cars seem to struggle to get above 210mph, regardless of what you do to the gearbox!
(All new additions in RED)

The list now contains 97 cars completely speed profiled - Check it out now!

At SSR7, I clocked 235 MPH in the Peugeot 908, on full downforce, oil change and, broken-in engine.

My C63 hits 228mph & my M3 CSL does 207mph @ SSR7, no Drafting.

The cars were not tuned for Top Speed but that's what they get when Fully Tuned. I'll drop the DF and Adjust the height for speed then redo the runs. I'm sure my C63 will hit over 231mph.

Last edited:
My C63 hits 228mph & my M3 CSL does 207mph @ SSR7, no Drafting.

Got 231mph to beat in the C63, one of my runs with no ratio changes, just the top speed slider set to max, so should be possible with some fine tuning.

(EDIT: Just redone that run and got a 232, but could easily do more by navigating the gear ratios around the powerbands.)

Last edited:
Smuttysy
Got 231mph to beat in the C63, one of my runs with no ratio changes, just the top speed slider set to max, so should be possible with some fine tuning.

(EDIT: Just redone that run and got a 232, but could easily do more by navigating the gear ratios around the powerbands.)

On my way home gonna run it soon. Were you running with a wing?

I do have the wing on, but set to it's lowest setting. I'll be ditching it though, as it really doesn't suit the car.
I'm gonna try some different gearing on the csl, as it simply refuses to go past 207!

Last edited:
Smuttysy
I do have the wing on, but set to it's lowest setting. I'll be ditching it though, as it really doesn't suit the car.
I'm gonna try some different gearing on the csl, as it simply refuses to go past 207!

I hit 373klm/h or 232mph with the C63, I think I can hit 233 gonna Try a few things.

Edit:
Nope, not happening, maxing out at 373klm/h in the C63. It don't seem to matter what DF setting I put it too...

I hit 208mph in my CSL still Track Tuned.

Last edited:
I did this list last year. All cars are stock with an oil change on SSR7 in a practice session, no driving aids enabled.

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 @1007Bhp - 242Mph

Pagani Zonda R '09 @753Bhp - 225Mph*

Mclaren F1 Road '94 @657Bhp - 223MPH

Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C6) 09' @652Bhp - 219Mph

Ford GT '06 @ 561Bhp - 215mph

Mclaren MP4-12C '10 @ 613Bhp - 212Mph
Mazda Furai Concept '08 @512Bhp - 212Mph*
Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 @ 619Bhp - 209Mph
Mclaren Mercedes SLR '09 @629Bhp - 208Mph
Mercedes AMG SLS '10 @583Bhp - 206Mph
Ferrari 599 '06 @634 Bhp - 206Mph
Ferrari F40 '92 @483Bhp - 200Mph
Nissan GT-R Vspec '09 @508Bhp - 199Mph
Audi R8 5.2FSI QUATTRO Chrome @555Bhp - 198Mph
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '08 @ 565Bhp - 197Mph
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 @518bhp - 195Mph
Dodge Viper GTS '02 @459Bhp - 188Mph
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Chrome @516Bhp - 187Mph*
Ferrari California '08 @465Bhp - 187Mph
BMW M3 Coupe Chrome @ 439Bhp - 184Mph*
TVR Tamora '02 @351Bhp - 183Mph
Honda NSX Type R '02 @ 296Bhp - 178Mph
Gran Turismo 350z RS @ 384Bhp - 178Mph
Audi TT S Coupe '09 @273Bhp - 167Mph
Lotus Elise 111R '04 @ 197Bhp - 165mph
Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero S15 '02 @251Bhp - 164Mph.
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 @272Bhp - 164mph
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Sti '10 @ 309Bhp - 163Mph
Mitsibushi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P '07 @ 322Bhp - 160Mph*
Shelby Cobra 427 '66 @ 494Bhp - 157Mph*
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91 @243Bhp - 155Mph
Mitsibushi Cyborg Mirage ZR '97 @180Bhp - 148Mph

88383721.jpg

Fastest CSL on GTP? :)

It's my GT5 & GT4 Fav, I got a Sick Tune for it.

Last edited:
The '04 Mercedes Benz SL 600 is the second fastest road car in the game, which I've seen hit 268mph fully tuned. The SL 65 AMG is slower, but still capable of 260mph.

Just throwing this out there.

Smuttysy

Im going to give 233mph in the C63 another shot after work, seems like Im on the edge of it, I got a few more things to try. Running out of ideas with this thing though.

I think 208mph is the limit of my CSL's 501hp.

Last edited:
I think it's going to be a tough one, perhaps that's the limit of how fast the engine can push that breezeblock through the air!

Smuttysy
I think it's going to be a tough one, perhaps that's the limit of how fast the engine can push that breezeblock through the air!

I would have to agree, she's puffed out at 208mph too bad we can't boost this bad boy.

Ok, I just hit the mythical 233mph in the C63, thanks to some rather odd gearing - first off, reset the gearbox to deault, set the slider to max speed, then drop the final drive ratio to the lowest it'll go to. You're then left with a 5 speed gearbox. You can change the ratio of 6th to it's shortest level, but it's kinda pointless, it won't accelerate anywhere past the 233 unless you're drafting something.

Also added some more entries, including two new entries into the top ten over at google docs

Last edited:
Smuttysy
Ok, I just hit the mythical 233mph in the C63, thanks to some rather odd gearing - first off, reset the gearbox to deault, set the slider to max speed, then drop the final drive ratio to the lowest it'll go to. You're then left with a 5 speed gearbox. You can change the ratio of 6th to it's shortest level, but it's kinda pointless, it won't accelerate anywhere past the 233 unless you're drafting something.

Also added some more entries, including two new entries into the top ten over at google docs

Nice Job!! I've been consumed in a Tuner Shootout, when it's settled down I'll come back over for some Top Speeding.

Hi,
Too bad there is no great way to check top speed in this game. Even ssr7 tunnels are not flat, they are smooth but are going up/down a hill.

IE
I manage about 408 in my enzo in the back tunnel, then in the tunnel after the hairpin I push to 415.

R.S
Hi,
Too bad there is no great way to check top speed in this game. Even ssr7 tunnels are not flat, they are smooth but are going up/down a hill.

IE
I manage about 408 in my enzo in the back tunnel, then in the tunnel after the hairpin I push to 415.

The beginning part of the tunnel on the way down to the hairpin is downhill, then just after the corner it starts to gradient uphill, whereas the return run after the hairpin does the opposite.

Here's a tip I found, if the car you're using struggles to hit much over the 200mph marker try to maintain full speed through the corner just before the entry to the first tunnel, that way you'll actually hit its top speed during that section. That's where I got the best results for the Japanese touring cars, they'll take that entire section completely flat out and hit their max, but because you're essentially starting from a standing start (ok, maybe 60mph) after the hairpin, they'll achieve around 5-10mph less on the return leg.

Last edited:
R.S
Hi,
Too bad there is no great way to check top speed in this game.

Yeah, well, this is better than nothing... Smuttysy and I have put a lot of time into collecting this data for everyone, you can either use it or not. And yes, a lot of the speeds range within about 6kph because of downforce or cambers being set not entirely perfect for the speed run excursion. If you reach higher speeds feel free to contribute to the thread.

Or perhaps you have a suggestion for better finding top speeds?

You said it yourself, there's no great way to find it. We've simply just been dealing with that the best we can. I'm sorry if it's not good enough for you (to be quite honest I wish there was a test track, and I'm probably not alone on that).

I wasn't being negative to your efforts, rather just missing the old test track because really, the slight hill doesn't have an effect on the list, it's all relative.

As far as I know the only other way would be to glitch through somewhere and run on the "floor" of the world, although I don't think all cars can be rammed through. I believe that would be the only way to get the top speed of x2010 drafting because the road just runs out too fast.

Actually I check this list all the time and I thank you for the work, I will probably contribute some in the near future.

No, you're right about that ^^^

I forgot they tested it on the VW test track. It was simply amazing, that episode. James May started crying at the end of the run :dopey:. Pretty unexpected.

that track is 45 miles long it would take forever to model it in!

that track is 45 miles long it would take forever to model it in!

You wouldn't need the entire complex, which covers the vast area you refer to, you would only need the top speed test section, and given the lack of many geographical features surrounding the section it would also be better to "fake" the background rather than make accurate representations. There aren't really many details that would make this a difficult model, SSR7 probably has more complexity to it than Ehra-Lessien would ever need. (bit of sky, some trees, barriers and maybe some lights lol)

vw-test-track-580op.jpg

P.S. Spreadsheet update now available with 18 completely new speed tests

Last edited:
I was in my Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 S.VETTEL and did 350mph exact on stage 7 while drafting and managed 281mph just driving

Car: Mitsubishi FTO GPX '99
Top Speed: 195 mph
Top Speed (Drafting): I didn't test this
Additional Notes: Used Stage 3 Turbo (418 hp, 261 ftlbs)

Pic:
5888345210_7ae9a26acb_b.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, if you have any more fully upgraded standards we need more of them

Also, if anyone has an S.VETTEL X2010, try to beat 281 because it's kind of sad that the veyron is actual beating it right now :P

Back