Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://autoaction.com.au/2017/01/26/tcr-blocked
Hammond has been in discussions with Australian GT’s Ken Collier to run with the GT Trophy class next year ahead of full season in 2018, but discussions with CAMS resulted in Hammond receiving two reasons why TCR cars cannot compete in Australia. In emails obtained by Auto Action the reasons for Hammond’s inability to run TCR was due to the naming rights to the words ‘Touring Car’ and that Supercars hold the rights to the technical regulations as much as the name, which in turn disallows CAMS to ‘award these rights to any other promoter.’

“There was a meeting with CAMS arranged for last Friday [with Ken Collier] which is why I found it really strange that CAMS was came up early with, ‘you can’t do it because

Supercars own the rights to the word Touring Cars in Australia,’ said Hammond. “I thought, well ok that’s just weird but by the way that’s a load of **** because TCR don’t use the words ‘Touring Cars’ and I don’t need to. But then for CAMS to actually responded, ‘or well it’s not actually the name it’s the technical regulations,’ I mean there front wheel drive and two litre turbos. And there has been no response to that whatsoever. The question now I’m asking is why CAMS are trying to block TCR with a bunch of smoky answers, which are clearly untrue.”

Not sure if I've seen pics of this Audi TCR before.

Looks really good 👍

It's a nice thing. Definitely.

Here's some from Dubai 24h. Probably TCR International this season too.
A170185_full.jpg

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2017/02/14/colin-turkington-rejoins-west-surrey-racing/

Colin Turkington...Andrew Jordan...hopefully Rob Collard....which WSR fan is NOT happy with that!!

Welcome home Turks lad!

Oh dear, I can smell another Jordan post-season rage quit coming, he won't enjoy being in Turkington's enormous shadow this year.

The rumour going around is that the third car will be driven by a R. Collard but no news on which one yet (Ricky is a BMW supported driver).

Rob Collard is announcing his BTCC drive tomorrow, expected to remain at WSR. In theory he could still join BMR (with his son taking his drive) but that looks more unlikely now.

Sadly there is a rumour BMR will announce M**k H****d as their 4th BTCC driver tomorrow rather than leaving the car sitting in the garage. Hopefully its false information.

BMW will have a Full Factory Effort with WSR this years BTCC Season with a 3 Car team:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128239/bmw-to-make-factory-btcc-return

Drat. Beat me to it. And with Rob Collard joining to huge signings in Andrew Jordan and Colin Turkington I am the most optimistic WSR fan I have been since..I in fact have never been optimistic as a West Surrey Racing fan. OK we were strong in the seasons we took the Independents drivers and teams titles and especially in 2014 when Turks added the overall Drivers (which he also won in 2009) and also Teams Championship to that years Independent Drivers and also Teams crown but this is a whole new level. We are talking loftier aims. We are talking more technical backing and more investment than we have ever had before thanks to the fact it comes from BMW (UK) themselves rather than just a little financial input from a title sponsor which means for the first time we are able to make a full assault on the full BTCC Manufacturers title which is the one title that has eluded us. It will be tough as I think Team BMR have a lot of strong good points and Honda are still favourites but I can see us being as good as if not better than Vauxhall and MG. Triple Eight really needed Ashley Sutton and Josh Cook I think this year. I believe they were beginning to form a good partnership but the BTCC being the way it is with drivers not guaranteed their seat that wasn't possible to retain them.

Wait, so what's happening with Grachev then? Didn't he win the most races for West Coast, why would they let him go?
And Gleason. They were a 3 car team last season so for all we know, they could be expanding to 4 cars with 2 Audis.

And Gleason. They were a 3 car team last season so for all we know, they could be expanding to 4 cars with 2 Audis.

That would hurt my brain if they did that, the Audi appears to be the best car coming in this season. Maybe they'll split the team and call the other half East Coast Racing. :P

That would hurt my brain if they did that, the Audi appears to be the best car coming in this season. Maybe they'll split the team and call the other half East Coast Racing. :P
West side, East Side. Actually. I'm not going to finish that.

If the BoP's good, it won't be a problem if the Audi's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back