32678289843_865411c3de_c.jpg

32678291153_923e604f99_c.jpg

32648803904_2a4232cb92_c.jpg

32648757784_7d99591edc_c.jpg

33336437132_06ba3a3f64_c.jpg

More pics
https://www.flickr.com/photos/amd87ts/albums/72157679131682192

Monza replaces Monaco round.
https://it.motorsport.com/tcr/news/salta-monte-carlo-ma-ce-monza-nel-calendario-definitivo-885391/

For ten days from the start of the season has finally been revealed the list of events 2017. As previously announced, you will not go in the Principality of Monaco, but there is a stop in Italy.

There is an important change regarding the timing of the TCR International Series in 2017.

Last December we had anticipated the possibility that the skirmishes between the organization of the series of Marcello Lotti and bring FIA elimination from the list of the Monaco weekend events.

After several back and forth, at the end of the Monte-Carlo appointment is permanently removed, but it is to earn Italy.

Yes, because instead of the race in the Principality a weekend at the Monza circuit has been added, namely on May 14 shared with the European Le Mans Series.

A great opportunity, therefore, for the tricolor public to review the protagonists of the Ascendant touring series after the event last year held in Imola.

There are however more news regarding the other tracks on the list. They are confirmed the two dates that will see the TCR as a support race to the F1 in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi, and was made official Zheijiang as the venue of the competitions in China in October.

The start will be in exactly one week on Rustavi International Motopark, Georgia.

TCR International Series - Calendar 2017

April 2 - International Motopark Rustavi, Georgia
April 16 - Sakhir, Bahrain (with F1)
May 6 - Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium (with WEC)
May 14 - Monza, Italy (with ELMS)
June 11 - Salzburgring, Austria (with the GT Open)
July 2 - Hungaroring, Hungary (with the GT Open)
July 9 - Oschersleben, Germany (with the ADAC Germany TCR Series)
September 3 - Buriram, Thailand
October 8 - Zheijiang, China
November 26 - Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi (with F1)

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...ballast-to-compensate-for-illegal-front-ends/

Question: Why did I not know about this Renault TC and why is it not in every TC program? I may have found my next favorite TC.
renault-630x354.jpg

Probably because the non-electric Fluence is not sold in Europe. The Megane hatch would be a more preferable car for both NGTC in Britain and for TCR. There was even a 1:1 model of a proposed NGTC Megane shown in 2013 which fueled rumors that they could be heading back to BTCC in 2014, which sadly never came to fruition.
rockingham2013btcc052_zps0338f49e.jpg
news_megane.jpg

I loved my Megane, but as a touring car, I'd prefer a sedan. In saying that, I didn't mind the '99 BTCC Laguna. It looked so right.

Not sure where to put this, but the MARC cars are technically Touring so...MARC BMW! :D The Mazda has been turned into a BMW.

Not sure where to put this, but the MARC cars are technically Touring so...MARC BMW! :D The Mazda has been turned into a BMW.

Indeed. South Africa GTC run 2.0L 2-series. It would be an awesome series here. Just below S2.

MARC are running their cars in the AGT at Sandown.

Edit: Here's hoping this BMW makes it to the 12H next year. More exposure the better.

Last edited:
Jeff Smith on pole for the first BTCC race of the season. WIth a mixed up grid, anything could happen.

And now Plato has had an accident on the startline. Which champions are left for the accidents on the restart and race 3?

That is why Colin is the best, 2017 Champion right there.

Just caught both TCRI races on YouTube, really good stuff. The Georgian circuit was pretty cool, the racing was great, and the championship looks wide open. Great to see a variety of cars on the grid, although I had hoped it would be larger (it is supposed to grow as the season moves on). Some of the new liveries look great too, I like Comini's Audi, the Opels, the Westcoast VWs (I was suprised by that switch tbh), and even the simple Alphas. Hopefully Ford, Subaru, and more join the party.

Oh, and are we going to do all TC racing for 2017 in this thread? I have to watch BTCC delayed by a few weeks, so if so, I'm out of this thread for the season :lol:

So, as a newcomer to TCR, why are we not funding this? The Georgia rounds had good racing all around even though the field was kind of small... Problem is I believe, there's like 3 or 4 different TCR series... just make a single TCR championship and throw WTCC in the garbage, it could potentially be as good around the globe as the SuperTouring regs of the early 1990s.

So, as a newcomer to TCR, why are we not funding this? The Georgia rounds had good racing all around even though the field was kind of small... Problem is I believe, there's like 3 or 4 different TCR series... just make a single TCR championship and throw WTCC in the garbage, it could potentially be as good around the globe as the SuperTouring regs of the early 1990s.
Im one of those fans that loves the slim fenders if Super Touring. Just give us more of what I watched yesterday. I'm going for Alfa, but that RS3 looked so smooth.

Hopefully we can see an international invitational TCR round(Bathurst 12H, I'm looking at you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back