Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/volkswagens-new-golf-gti-tcr-ready-to.html

GOLF_TCR_2017.jpg

Meh. Not a fan of these wide body touring cars.

In a picture in the race program.

...at a WEC race. 2017's not looking great for WTCC, is it? Disappointed they axed WTCC2. From what I got from the article, the grid for Marrakesh stands at 12 definite entries, maybe more are coming. That's can't be more than like one or two extra backmarkers, right?

Meh, this one looks better. ;)

9b79ae439ef10a3518caf8427157bd74.jpg

Kind of a mind[🤬] that the two cars are loosely based on the same car. I would think the Aussie car would be a giant compared the TC1 car. Wonder if a side - by - side of the two cars exists...

Kind of a mind[🤬] that the two cars are loosely based on the same car. I would think the Aussie car would be a giant compared the TC1 car. Wonder if a side - by - side of the two cars exists...
I dunno the other dimensions, but in width, the Supercar is smaller. TC1 cars are max. width of 1950mm, Supercars 1880mm.

From Wiki, no. Kajaia and Borkovic are.

I can understand them wanting Borkovic, but Kajaia? Petr Fulin placed better than he did in a rather clearly underpowered car. The only notable thing Kajaia did last season was pass 3 or 4 cars in 1 corner in Thailand because they were so preoccupied with themselves. Poor Mikayla though, I thought she did well when the car didn't let her down.

I can understand them wanting Borkovic, but Kajaia? Petr Fulin placed better than he did in a rather clearly underpowered car. The only notable thing Kajaia did last season was pass 3 or 4 cars in 1 corner in Thailand because they were so preoccupied with themselves. Poor Mikayla though, I thought she did well when the car didn't let her down.
Borkovic and Kajaia are driving for a new Georgian team. Factory team would probably retain Fulin and Cerruti. Looks very much like 4 alfas this year.

Borkovic and Kajaia are driving for a new Georgian team. Factory team would probably retain Fulin and Cerruti. Looks very much like 4 alfas this year.

Ooooo, I like this. I think this season will be the turning point for WTCC vs TCRIS, grids of maybe 12 vs. grids of probably 20+. Much as I hate the idea of TCR supporting F1 races I really hope they get the boost in fanbase they need by going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back