Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a few people that defend way too aggressively and it usually ends up with an incident; Moffat, Jeff Smith, Epps, Hill to name a few.

There's a few people that defend way too aggressively and it usually ends up with an incident; Moffat, Jeff Smith, Epps, Hill to name a few.
Haven't seen Smith/Hill but definitely agree. In any other series, you'd get a penalty for forcing somebody off the circuit.

Speaking of which it looks like Gordon Shedden has gotten away with another one.
Absolutely. Essentially took Cook out of the race with a poorly judged move and now leads.

Gordon says Cook turned. No. He didn't. You misjudged.

Last edited:
Speaking of which it looks like Gordon Shedden has gotten away with another one.

Yea, absolutely, Cook was defending very well, well within his rights to put the car where he did, and Shedden went into the back of Cook a number of times, and things ultimately came to blows. I think Sheds will be somewhat lucky to get away with nothing after the race.

Feel very sorry for Cook, did deserve better, and the Maximum guys have been punching above their weight so far, car's has been looking very good, regularly out scoring the Motorbase boys.

Last edited:
Sheddon's move on Cook was an avoidable incident and it shouldn't go unpunished, especially when Sheddon had already been bumping the rear of Cook just prior to the final assault.

I was impressed with Sutton today. He is a real talent. 👍

Was there an incident near the end of race 2??? I had to go outside and I missed the last few laps of the race.

Sheddon's move on Cook was an avoidable incident and it shouldn't go unpunished, especially when Sheddon had already been bumping the rear of Cook just prior to the final assault.

I was impressed with Sutton today. He is a real talent. 👍

Was there an incident near the end of race 2??? I had to go outside and I missed the last few laps of the race.
Moffat spun Proctor on the line basically.

Oh dear. :( I bet that didn't go down well in the PMR garage.

So, who's looking tasty for the drivers championship then? Personally I'd like to see Rob Collard win this season, it's about time he finally won a title. Even though he still can't seem to qualify, his average points haul over the race weekend has to be commended.

I can't keeping watching if Sheddon wins again this year. I can't stand seeing the smug smirk on his face.

I still hope Turkington wins it again. Hoping he can do the triple at Croft and/or Knockhill. He came close at Croft in 2014 when he won the title.

That's a bit disappointing, thought there was more in that....

Dont't get me wrong, as much as I love the Honda boys and the Civic Type R, I'd love to see someone other than Shedden win it this year :lol:.

Rob Collard is a brilliant shout, he is certainly over due a title, and this year his points hauls have been mighty impressive. He seems to be less overly aggressive in his driving style to, which may be reflected in his points haul.

Otherwise, I'd like to see Tom Ingram win it, as he has also been mighty consistent this year, learning from his mistakes last year by not getting involved with unnecessary battles, and focusing and hauling in those points. Feel for him after this weekend, was a victim of circumstances all weekend, and and was really unlucky, just one of those weekends as the guys on ITV4 said. No doubt he'll be back.

I thought that Sheddon would get away with the incident. He shouldn't have done though, that move ended Cook's race and prior to that he was giving Cook's rear bumper a good beating. If Sheddon had waited another lap or two, Cook may have got a tyre blowout thanks to the bodywork rubbing anyway. There was already a decent amount of smoke coming off the back of the Focus.

Tom Ingram has been impressive. I do wonder whether or not he has been allowed a little too much boost this season. Don't get me wrong, I think that he's a decent driver, but why is he all of a sudden so much quicker than ever before? I would be more than happy to see him win though, simply because he doesn't drive a Honda.

Yep, Rob Collard has been keeping calmer this season. He's still getting an impressive amount of overtakes, but he has no choice due to his qualifying. If Rob can keep up his current form, he will certainly be in with a shout and I can't wait to see his reaction if he does finally win a title. :)

I do wonder whether or not he has been allowed a little too much boost this season. Don't get me wrong, I think that he's a decent driver, but why is he all of a sudden so much quicker than ever before?

To be fair, he was similarly quick last year when he was on it, but it was never truly evident since he was getting involved in unnecessary battles that often ruined his races. Otherwise he's been very consistent.

Year, as always with Rob, his Achilles heal is his qualifying, which if he can slowly sort that out, he'd be even more of a force to be reckoned with than he already his. Mind you, Rob is infamous for charging through traffic, so maybe he does it on purpose :lol:.

That's very true. :(

Sheddon has apparently spoken to Cook and apologised to him, but that doesn't give Cook his points back and it certainly won't be helping the teams budget.

The thing is, Sheddon was clearly much faster, he could have easily made a clean move on Cook. I guess that we all make mistakes though. :dunce:

2018 BTCC calendar for the series' 60th anniversary season has Rockingham and Knockhill swapped.

2018 BTCC Calendar:

Rounds Date Circuit, County
1,2,3 Sat 7/Sun 8 April Brands Hatch (Indy), Kent
4,5,6 Sat 28/Sun 29 April Donington Park, Leics
7,8,9 Sat 19/Sun 20 May Thruxton, Hampshire
10,11,12 Sat 9/Sun 10 June Oulton Park, Cheshire
13,14,15 Sat 23/Sun 24 June Croft, North Yorkshire
16,17,18 Sat 28/Sun 29 July Snetterton, Norfolk
19,20,21 Sat 11/Sun 12 August Rockingham, Northants
22,23,24 Sat 25/Sun 26 August Knockhill, Fife
25,26,27 Sat 15/Sun 16 September Silverstone, Northants
28,29,30 Sat 29/Sun 30 September Brands Hatch (Grand Prix), Kent
http://www.btcc.net/2017/05/26/60th-anniversary-btcc-calendar-announced/

Good to see the current format of tracks being kept. After all, you know what they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

So, Dan Lloyd has walked out of MG after the first 4 rounds in BTCC
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129952

As the article mentions, apparently the poor results which MG have been having led to some of his sponsors to walk out, giving the idea of possible budgetary issues it would seem.

Mind you, he's just signed a deal to race one the Craft-Bamboo Racing Seat Leons in TCR so..
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129993
Replaces Hugo Valente who has retired suddenly from TCR

In the mean time, Josh Cook has taken up Lloyd's seat, back at MG, so will be interesting to see what he can do at MG again, as he did a great job at Maximum Motorsport in the Focus, punching above it's weight. That said, the MG6 is getting on a bit now.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129968
Haven't seen any mention of who will replace Cook at Maximimum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back