Thread Inactive/Closed

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 718 comments
For some reason my connection was WiFi last night instead of wired. I checked this morning and the lan cable was ever so slightly pulled out. Mustve been when I was cleaning.

Little update on the me and @Tieske026 issue - we met up in a lobby and encountered zero problems. Need to check later if mike-hiero also can join successfully.

That's good and bad because now I have no idea what or who is causing the problem between you two in my lobby. We need to test it out with me as the host again.
I've got one other idea and that's to make sure you two are in the room before others join in and see what happens then.

** If possible, please try to directly connect your PS4 to your router with a long LAN cable. It can only help. **

I will be holding another scheduled practice/test session next Tuesday at the same time.
I will also be doing unscheduled practice sessions too.

He guys I added two more introductions from @Nick Cannella and @micantony on page 4 of this thread.

We need one more livery so we can make a second collage like this one !

qw2O2gvy.jpeg

Last edited:
What I like is sometimes you hear people speak about children playing games. And some can never understand that we are still playing games. If they would see the introduction of our drivers they would **** bricks if they would see how old we all are ! The youngest is already 24 !

We are the reason games like GT still exist. When I first joined this site there was a thread going on with a poll asking the age of people playing GT (I will try to dig it up) The overwhelming majority were between 35 to 60 years of age.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-driving-is-for-everyone-how-old-are-you.358893/

I shared one of our practices and it should be up for viewing ( Friends Only) I will share the real race with everyone.

Me and Whiteflight1 practiced together yesterday for a few hours. He was able to turn a 2:33 lap and I was able to get 2:34 in a 30 minute race. It still came down to a last lap battle between us with Whiteflight1 taking the win.

I have noticed that everyone using a manual transmission has to pit on lap 8 and I'm using a automatic transmission and don't have to pit until lap 9. In both practices I've made up huge amounts of time by pitting a lap later but just can't seem to hold on to that advantage until the end.

Last edited:
Attention

86 Racing Series

Lobby #1 Participants Only

Practice/Test Race On: September 25th

US.
3:00 pm EST Eastern Standard Time

UK.
8:00 pm BST British Standard Time

Universal.
7:00 pm UTC Universal Time Coordinated

Because of the recent problems between players not seeing each other I just want all my Lobby #1 players to attend this practice session.
We have been working on the issues and might have a solution for them but we won't fully know until I have everyone in the room.

Also another update will land before our Official Series begins. This could lead to fixes for the lobby problems (don't hold your breath on it) or it could create a whole new set of problems just like the last update did.

Here is the list of all the Lobby one members. Please attend this practice/test session if at all possible.

1. Rinsky / #70 / Factory Toyota

2. Macboyilija / #77 / Petkovski Racing

3. Focie / #22 / Independent

4. Infineon / #73 / RockStar Energy

5. Whiteflight1 / #52 / OZ Racing

6. Tieske026 / #15 / Dumpert

7. Mike-hiero / #74 / Jumbo

8. AustinR53 / #53 / AHcardetailing

9. ares118785 / #18 / Motul

10. Poollente / #11 / John Player Special

11. RazorWolf015 / #88 / Independent

12. whiteusagi87 / #07 / Independent

13. LineR32 / #76 / BH Motorsport

14. Booonus / #69 / independent​

We are the reason games like GT still exist. When I first joined this site there was a thread going on with a poll asking the age of people playing GT (I will try to dig it up) The overwhelming majority were between 35 to 60 years of age.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-driving-is-for-everyone-how-old-are-you.358893/

I shared one of our practices and it should be up for viewing ( Friends Only) I will share the real race with everyone.

Me and Whiteflight1 practiced together yesterday for a few hours. He was able to turn a 2:33 lap and I was able to get 2:34 in a 30 minute race. It still came down to a last lap battle between us with Whiteflight1 taking the win.

I have noticed that everyone using a manual transmission has to pit on lap 8 and I'm using a automatic transmission and don't have to pit until lap 9. In both practices I've made up huge amounts of time by pitting a lap later but just can't seem to hold on to that advantage until the end.

Usually it’s the opposite, the main reason I switched to manual is because I was being killed on fuel mileage with auto in the FIA races. It wasn’t even close, I was using like twice as much fuel as everyone else

Usually it’s the opposite, the main reason I switched to manual is because I was being killed on fuel mileage with auto in the FIA races. It wasn’t even close, I was using like twice as much fuel as everyone else

This seems to be the normal in the full blown Race Cars but something is different when it comes to the Road Cars.
Nowhere near the testing has been done on Road Cars in GTS compared to the Race Cars so it's hard to say if most of them are like this.
I was really surprised when I went back and viewed the replay and seen that other using a manual transmission were completely on empty at lap 8 and my fuel light wasn't even on yet. I was not doing any fuel saving at all.

This seems to be the normal in the full blown Race Cars but something is different when it comes to the Road Cars.
Nowhere near the testing has been done on Road Cars in GTS compared to the Race Cars so it's hard to say if most of them are like this.
I was really surprised when I went back and viewed the replay and seen that other using a manual transmission were completely on empty at lap 8 and my fuel light wasn't even on yet. I was not doing any fuel saving at all.

It’s mostly because you can short shift cars more easily when they have more power and not lose time but you have to wring out the lower powered cars all the time

It was a great fun battle indeed! But I shouldn't have changed tires lol, cost me some time. Granted I'm talking about the 30 min race. If it's 40 min you might as well change the tires, no?

It was a great fun battle indeed! But I shouldn't have changed tires lol, cost me some time. Granted I'm talking about the 30 min race. If it's 40 min you might as well change the tires, no?

I tried not changing tires in the first 40 minute practice I held on Tuesday. I was really surprised at how worn they became by race end.
Running laps for 40 minutes in the lobby without starting a race produced completely different tire wear results. Like I said yesterday the car handles and acts completely different when you start the race. So changing tires in the 40 minute event will be a hard call because you save a lot of time in the pits but can quickly lose it back on the track as the race gets near the end.

I have to apoligize....
Is was connected by cable but still using WiFi.
So the test with whiteflight was also with WiFi connection. The connection was good but maybe with more people the connection wil lose huis strenght.
I changed the setting now and hopefully the problems are solved but i dont think that this was the problem so we will de the 25th on Rinksy’s lobby.

Wow guys, I am really impressed by your laptimes. I just don't understand how you manage these laps. After a couples of laps I'm happy with a 2.41:banghead: and I have no idea where to get these extra seconds.

I encourage you to watch some replays of the faster guys 👍 But I know the feeling, I'm amost in disbelief when watching the best guys in the game lol. I gained 2-3 seconds through a lot of practice at Bathurst.

Welcome to GTP :gtpflag:

Theres a lot of time to be gained in certain areas. The downhill of the mountain, the breaking after the chase (high speed kink), places like that you don't wanna commit as hard as the car can handle because you're scared to mess up and make it worse. That's the fine line of being perfect.

After Bathurst we should see more even lap times across the board as the tracks are more open to trial and error approach to some turns

Back