Toyota FT-1 Challenge, Fujii Speedway GT

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 197 comments
Jumped from 22,000th to 7500th with 1:45.031 4790th with 1:44.645! There's still more time to be found though.

Last edited:
i have a problem on some corners that make my lap invalid, even tho it looks like i took the apex correctly
almost like a bug, so i am constantly afraid or apexing too hard, i rather leave enough room to the edge now hahaha wich obviously makes me slower too

anyways here i smy lap, a 1,42,412

your lap is very good but your shifting isn't.. try shifting a little earlier and you will see the results..it will be about a second faster.. the reason is that because this car is turbo charged it needs early shifting. with non-turbo charged cars though you have to shift as late as possible

1:40.465, tied for 3rd. Maybe two more tenths and I'll hit my limit. :)

55.11x I think. My split on my new best was 55.350. So I gained a tenth on the leaders in the final sector. :)
Well done on that time 👍, seems similar split times to me, I think my best lap had similar split as your current one but I messed last corner up. I haven't used the data logger yet so if you don't improve by the time I go on PS3, it will be interesting to compare where I lose out on last sector.

Edit: I had a look with data logger (Seems much improved compared to GT5) and I was ahead all the way up to the last corner where I lost all the time as expected :lol:. Gives me hope that I might have potential to get into even 1:39's if I get lucky enough by end of this TT.

Last edited:
1.40.9 here with plenty left in it.

Not really liking how unrealistically you have to drive this car to get the last tenths out of it. I get all the physics for the concept car and all that, but if you drove a car like that in real life you wouldn't complete a lap.

Although I've been away for a while, i still see that there are unrealistic hacks to get the fast times out of it. I won't be doing that, just feels wrong.

your lap is very good but your shifting isn't.. try shifting a little earlier and you will see the results..it will be about a second faster.. the reason is that because this car is turbo charged it needs early shifting. with non-turbo charged cars though you have to shift as late as possible

A second faster, really? On my first session I was shifting at about 7000 because that seemed quickest but when I saw that others were taking it to the red line I did that for my next go and it didn't seem any slower. Mind you I only beat my previous time by about a tenth. Have I really improved by a second and handicapped myself by shifting too late?

Edit: I had a look with data logger (Seems much improved compared to GT5) and I was ahead all the way up to the last corner where I lost all the time as expected :lol:. Gives me hope that I might have potential to get into even 1:39's if I get lucky enough by end of this TT.

As you probably saw, my first sector was awful. 21.5xx :yuck: :lol:

As you probably saw, my first sector was awful. 21.5xx :yuck: :lol:
I didn't see sector times but I was like only a tenth faster in first sector on that lap comparison, interesting to see time difference throughout the lap, seems quite good tool to compare how strong a lap is all the way through. Gutting though to see how much I missed out on final corner but I think I have done the same on last three laps that moved me up the rankings, just wish I could do it as good as I did on first day, worth about two tenths maybe if I get it half decent.

Gonna try get into TTing again after finding out about these stock seasonals. Very excited.

I had a quick look at pirata's lap...what on earth was going on?!?!? Is over-revving; handbraking and general tom-foolery required to get into the top 100 for this combo?

Gonna try get into TTing again after finding out about these stock seasonals. Very excited.

I had a quick look at pirata's lap...what on earth was going on?!?!? Is over-revving; handbraking and general tom-foolery required to get into the top 100 for this combo?
Apparently, for this one, yes. The car isn't very grippy because of the SH tyres and drifiting around the hairpins seems to be the best course of action.

Did a 1:43,255 without aid's except for ABS. Had plenty of fun :D

Edit: now I did a 1:43,072. Same as above, and with a DS3. Place 866

Last edited:
Apparently, for this one, yes. The car isn't very grippy because of the SH tyres and drifiting around the hairpins seems to be the best course of action.
Where those racing slicks at? :lol:

I'll try put aside some time for this over my university's mid-semester break. Excellent timing from PD!

Happy enough to have golded it :) Even though I remembered the car to be more undriveable than this. Apart from occasional tail spin it felt good.

It's neck and neck! :lol:

XM5foRM.jpg

I'm still fighting to get back in the top 200 :dunce:. Great laps by everyone up there, I think I only have .2xx left but every fast lap I start ends horribly.

Just had a quick session and improved to a 1:40.942 :) Most of my time is lost through the last sector, I was consistently within 0.3 of Pirata's 1:40.310 by the end of S2, so hopefully shouldn't need much more practice to improve again.

I'm sitting on a 1'43.0xx and I'm struggling to keep traction with the old DS3. At the moment I'm using Active Steering - Strong and TCS - 4. Just wondering if others are using any of the aids or whether I'm just n00btastic :dunce:

I'm sitting on a 1'43.0xx and I'm struggling to keep traction with the old DS3. At the moment I'm using Active Steering - Strong and TCS - 4. Just wondering if others are using any of the aids or whether I'm just n00btastic :dunce:
I used aids for my 1:45, but managed to get my current time without them.

Are you using ABS as well? I can't remember my time bit I ran a mid/high 1:43. I think the car is quicker out of the corners without the TCS.

It seems like a lot of time can be earned early in the straits with throttle control and just barely short shifting.

1.42.601. DS3, ABS 1, TC 1, no active steering. And i'm just getting started; should be good enough for a 1.41. But yeah; i think we're all struggling with traction here. With cars like this, i usually start up with TC at 3, then -as i'm learning the combo- gradually Work my way Down to TC 0 'cos as @Sidebrowns says, it is quicker...

Back