Toyota FT-86 Concept II '11 multiple DLC issue

• Thread starter spunwicked
  • 289 comments
Bought the pack in October, but didn't get my Plus discount, so I contacted customer service and they gave me a full refund and I got to keep my DLC. I even bought four more paint packs a few weeks later.

Bought today's DLC pack. No FT86 II. Bought another paint pack. No FT86 II.

My story, for what it's worth.

Update: Turns out that in being granted the refund they actually did remove the DLC from my PSN store DL history, but the content did stay in game. When I went to purchase my second RX-7 TC, I was told I hadn't purchased the DLC car pack. So, I used the money Sony refunded me to buy the complete pack again, and wouldn't you know it, I got the FT86 Spec II. :)

Last edited:
Bought the pack in October, but didn't get my Plus discount, so I contacted customer service and they gave me a full refund and I got to keep my DLC. I even bought four more paint packs a few weeks later.

Bought today's DLC pack. No FT86 II. Bought another paint pack. No FT86 II.

My story, for what it's worth.

I'm in a similar boat. But I didn't even get to install my 2nd paint pack today. It wont install (or it says it's already installed, rather).

Forgetful,

Maybe the refund messed something up in your account. When you log into the PSN Store, do any of the October DLC show up in Red? Meaning you own it, in my account the Track Pack is in Red, the rest of the DLC is Blue. I bought the Complete Pack back in October. If none are Red maybe you should try to buy a different DLC, like the Gear Pack. This does blow as you'd be spending more cash than necessary. But if you basically got the Complete Pack for free it's worth a shot I think.

Hope this helped. Good luck!

EDIT: Win bro!

I'm in a similar boat. But I didn't even get to install my 2nd paint pack today. It wont install (or it says it's already installed, rather).

When I look at my DLC in game it shows 2 paint packs, and I did install both before logging into GT Life.

I guess you guys are in a unique position due to the refunds.

I had already bought the complete pack back in October, but now I just bought the paint pack for $2 and got the FT-86 Concept II.

But what I find suspicious is that PD never even announced the FT-86 Concept II was officially playable in GT5 as far as I know.

My mate who got it, he send it to he's second account, and tomorrow he'll send it to me, that i also didnt got it cause i bought the full pack. It seems that it is tradable.
I am talking about Concept-II.

Hi guys,
Can I buy another Car Pack - october version
so that I can get the 86 concept

But do 1 get extra sets of 15 cars ?
the x2011 sets .

Car Pack 2 has NOTHING to do with the Concept II. If you want it you have to make two purchases of the October DLC. So if you bought the Complete Pack you need to buy the Paint Pack (cuz it's cheapest) or any other of the October DLC's.

I do not know if you buy the Racing Car Pack if you'll get 15 more cars TBH. I do know with the Paint Pack I got the chips all over again.

If you just bought the Racing Car Pack (only) or the Track Pack or whatever and then bought a different pack then you should get the Concept II.

Don't buy the car packs, they can be bought for credits in the dealership if you already have the car DLC either alone or in the complete pack.

Buy either the paint or racing suits, you'll at least get something for your trouble...

So instead of bought the Complete pack as i did...it would be better if i bought every pack at a time to get the Toyota FT86 II Concept 2011...great.
Now i have to purchase a paint pack again to get this car...and i want it so. (they didn´t say anything about this, strange)

Technically PD gets more money from us if we buy all the stuff separately, but those of us who chose to get the complete pack have just as much a right to get the car as those who spent more money getting each thing by itself, not that that make any sense money-wise.

I'm not dying to have the FT86 II, but in the interest of fairness, the car should be available to those who bought stuff separately and those who bought the complete pack.

Hi thanks guy for da advice .
Bought the paint pack 1 more time - previously I bought complete pack
and I've got the FT86 II concept.My region still not available car pack 2

Was thinking of buying another 1st car pack due to I heavily use the 2011x for leveling (wear & Tear) and dealership you can only buy at level 40 =.=
but they gave me 5 renewal tickets.. guess that'll do ...
better than spending on a car pack which gives me a x2011 and a bunch of cars I rarely use ...

is anyone willing to trade? i got a 1000car ticket. im sorry if i had to go through proper procedures before i can request trades or post.

I am having issues I bought the original full pack and I just bought the paint and still i did not get the FT-86 concept I have already got the toyota 86 hmmm I wonder what the issue is.

Technically PD gets more money from us if we buy all the stuff separately, but those of us who chose to get the complete pack have just as much a right to get the car as those who spent more money getting each thing by itself, not that that make any sense money-wise.

I'm not dying to have the FT86 II, but in the interest of fairness, the car should be available to those who bought stuff separately and those who bought the complete pack.

My thoughts exactly.

People were complaining they had to buy the first DLC twice to have it on more accounts. The news was announced that people who did that would get a gift and I said people would now buy extra DLC just to get that gift. And look, you are doing it:D

This is weird, but it seems that those who paid more for buying DLC separately get a free car. Big deal, if you got the discount with the all inclusive car and track pack then you already have your reward can the crying. It's incredibly ridiculous that you want to sit here and complain as if you are entitled to the free car when you already saved money by buying the complete pack..that is your reward and to those who spent the money separately this is their reward a free car.

Like a bunch of 5 year olds always crying because the child next to him got the same thing you got but in a different color. Sure your prize was netted at purchase, that's just what you have to deal with.

Well I have not bought any DLCs yet. The question is now:

Do I buy the complete Pack + Car Pack 2 (so I get no bonus car) or do I buy Track Pack + Car Pack 1 + Car Pack 2 (so no additional colors+racing suits). Both cost the same (don't care about the 1 cent :P)

I do not care that much about colors and suits, either about another version of the Toyota. I really like to drive the Toyota we got with the 2.02 update, so i expect it to be like the other bonus one. Question is, is it worth to have the car instead of the colors and suits. I really can not decide as I do not feel any difference in having the one or the other option.

So what would you recommend me?

amar212
FT-86 II Concept '11 is the bonus-prize for those who have purchased multiple DLC on the one account.

Toyota 86 GT '12 is a bonus car that everyone is getting with the 2.02 OS update.

Two different cars folks.

I have all the DLC and I still didn't get the FT-86 II. :grumpy: <This is me right now.

Wait what?
1. I though the ft-86 was a '12 car
2. I never bought and dlc yet due to money issues and I still received a free car yesterday.

Am I missing something here?

Diomiro
Well I have not bought any DLCs yet. The question is now:

Do I buy the complete Pack + Car Pack 2 (so I get no bonus car) or do I buy Track Pack + Car Pack 1 + Car Pack 2 (so no additional colors+racing suits). Both cost the same (don't care about the 1 cent :P)

I do not care that much about colors and suits, either about another version of the Toyota. I really like to drive the Toyota we got with the 2.02 update, so i expect it to be like the other bonus one. Question is, is it worth to have the car instead of the colors and suits. I really can not decide as I do not feel any difference in having the one or the other option.

So what would you recommend me?

Well, the Toyota FT-86 II Concept is tradeable, and it doesn't have an interior view, so I'd go with Option 2.

But, really it's your choice.

Schwartz38
I have all the DLC and I still didn't get the FT-86 II.

You have to buy 2 separate DLC packages from the October DLC. 👍

m8h3r
Wait what?
2. I never bought and dlc yet due to money issues and I still received a free car yesterday.

There is the 86 GT '12 which got given for free in the 2.02 update.
There is the FT-86 II Concept '11 which got given for buying 2 separate DLC packages from the October DLC.

Last edited:
This is weird, but it seems that those who paid more for buying DLC separately get a free car. Big deal, if you got the discount with the all inclusive car and track pack then you already have your reward can the crying. It's incredibly ridiculous that you want to sit here and complain as if you are entitled to the free car when you already saved money by buying the complete pack..that is your reward and to those who spent the money separately this is their reward a free car.

Like a bunch of 5 year olds always crying because the child next to him got the same thing you got but in a different color. Sure your prize was netted at purchase, that's just what you have to deal with.

So with your logic buying 2 lots of Paint DLC at 1.69, gives you the free car is fine. While those that paid 9.69 for the complete pack, shouldn't get one.

Wait what?

Am I missing something here?

You got the 86, which is a '12 car, that comes with the 2.02 update. The FT-86 II is an '11 car and it's for those who bought separate packs of the first batch of DLC.

Hope I cleared it up for you.

So with your logic buying 2 lots of Paint DLC at 1.69, gives you the free car is fine. While those that paid 9.69 for the complete pack, shouldn't get one.

The car was meant as a gift to those who had bought the DLC twice to use it on different accounts. I think something went wrong and people who just bought several packs got it too.

Anyone downloaded the free Family Update for DLC 1 yet that makes DLC 1 useable across different accounts?

Any reports on how that is working?

Back