Toyota is very 'buZy'

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 13 comments
Australia
Australia
https://www.motoring.com.au/toyota-previews-electric-suv-ahead-of-april-19-debut-129392/
2021-toyota-electric-suv-i.jpg
2021-toyota-electric-suv-ii.jpg

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/35083987.html

Last edited:
The steering wheel is wicked.

Wont make it to production. Not even Tesla can make that happen.

Its an electric RAV4. Which isnt a bad thing... the current RAV4 is conservative in design and they cant keep it in stock.

They seem to be coy on range? Unless its something like 300 miles 500km then its not going to wow many. Even that is very pedestrian these days but I guess if Toyota does it everyone will wet their pants.

Not even Tesla can make that happen.
Watch. Tesla creates its own market, not the other way around. It'll probably be offered as an option.

Its an electric RAV4. Which isnt a bad thing... the current RAV4 is conservative in design and they cant keep it in stock.
I'd argue the current Rav4 is by far the most aggressive and stylized design in its class which is the style these days.

Video from a month ago

And news from today at the Tokyo Auto Salon

bZ4X GR Sport Concept

1642121517973.png

Based on the bZ4X dedicated battery EV, the bZ4X GR Sport Concept delivers an elevated level of environmental performance and driving pleasure. Large-diameter tires, sports seats, and matte black exterior body panels are among the highlights of this concept vehicle.

This thing is really, truly awful. One of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. I don't know why this thread even exists.

I already don't like the screen placement. Both the gauges and especially the center screen are far too low. This is going to force your eyes to move further and readjust more than if they were high and well inside your peripheral vision. I'm not sure why they believe that air vents were more important and needed to be more visible than the screens.

Toyota bZ Compact SUV Concept

1670313733689.png

1670313740376.png

1670313769231.png

1670313752403.png

(bZ Compact SUV Concept next to the C-HR Prologue Concept)

Shown here in fresh imagery alongside the plug-in hybrid C-HR Prologue concept unveiled today, the bZ Compact SUV Concept has the following dimensions: 4,538 millimeters (178.6 inches) length, 1,888 mm (74.3 in) width (without mirrors), and 1,560 mm (61.4 in) height. Those wheels measure a stately 21 inches, although we're not entirely sure they'll remain as large for the subsequent production model.

It's slightly shorter than a RAV4, and much like the other bZ models Toyota has released or is working on, this one has been conceived from day one strictly as an EV.

While the second-generation C-HR will hit the market "soon," Toyota doesn't say when it plans to introduce the electric crossover. That tells us a market launch is unlikely to take place before 2024.

Back