Toyota Petrol Hybrid LMP1 to Lemans and WEC (Its Official)

• Thread starter Blaze_409
  • 431 comments
PEUGEOT 908 HDI FAP FOR SALE

2011 Sebring Winner
2011 Le Mans 5th place
2011 Petit Le Mans 2nd place

CP_2011_Oreca_LoveUsRacing.jpg

Any takers? With an oil change should be good! :D

Probably should have mentioned it had 1 previous owner, and its "record".

With this deal in hand, I won't be surprised if Oreca LMP2 and LMP1 chassis come with Toyota engines at a cheaper price compared to other engines.

Because the LMP2 regulations are all about cost capping, so selling chassis with Toyota engines at a slightly cheaper price can perhaps be a prudent move.

Yeah, I bet they have tested already and liked the Toyota better. Must have something more special then the 908's. They mis have a lot of confidence in it.

Oreca LMP2 chassis are around 180k GBP....well under the LMP2 cost cap limit.

That doesn't include the cost of the compulsory spare and parts package though, which I think I heard on a Radio Le Mans transmission, is somewhere north of £300,000.

If I remember correctly, thats exactly supposed to be the engines in the LMP2 cars

LM P2
Race engine:
3400 petrol atmo/ 8 cyl. maxi
2000 petrol turbo/ 6 cyl. maxi
Production engine:
4500 petrol atmo (homologated)
4400 diesel (origin series)

That's the rules that I've found if they do use the 3.4 from Super GT it should be legal. I mean there are other rules that go along but as far as displacement size...it works. Got this from the ACO website.

LMP2 Regs

Homologated series production engines
Normally aspirated, max. cubic capacity – 5,000 cc (8 cylinders max)
Petrol ------ Supercharged petrol: 3,200 cc (6 cylinders max)
Diesel ------ Supercharged diesel engines banned

"LM P2 engines must have a production run of at least 1000 examples in 12 months and come from either a GT or a large-scale series production car. Their power output must not exceed 450 bhp while staying within the following cost range: max. sales price: 75 000 euros, revision costs, 35 000 euros (30 hours use between two revisions); Rent: 1650 euros per hour of use."

Note: 'supercharged' in french means either supercharged or turbocharged, their meaning here is turbocharged.

"The cost of a new car (engine not included) must not exceed 345 000 euros (see below for engine prices)."

This means the Oreca 03 chassis is the best choice as it is ~180-200k euros and is so cheap because it's produced in large enough numbers to make it cheap.

More descriptive technical layout like that I posted earlier for other class regs.
That page hasn't been updated for some reason: those are 2010 regulations and in many parts completely wrong (engine displacements) due to the big chances made for this year. What Stavelot posted is correct.

Question was if the Toyota engine is legal in LMP2... I don't know for sure because I'm not familiar with Super GT regulations. I'd guess that it isn't.

Last edited:
There are plenty of good drivers though...

Sure and with the amount of room to fill their lineup with those others, I still ask why not Wurz? Sure, he doesn't see action other then the big races but if he was that bad as you guys seem to suggest he might be, Peugeot wouldn't have had him in the first place.

Sure and with the amount of room to fill their lineup with those others, I still ask why not Wurz? Sure, he doesn't see action other then the big races but if he was that bad as you guys seem to suggest he might be, Peugeot wouldn't have had him in the first place.

I never said Wurz was bad at all? Not sure where you got that from, I actually like him as to where I don't like many Peugot drivers...espcially Davidson. Yeah I still hold a grudge from 2010 24H Le Mans.

Back