Toyota Petrol Hybrid LMP1 to Lemans and WEC (Its Official)

• Thread starter Blaze_409
  • 431 comments
RACECAR
Its free for sure but like ESPN3.com, you have to have the provider otherwise you won't have it. It means for me I have to look through crappy Internet feeds for the race and thats assuming they even work. I hated doing this when I was watching the 24 Hours Of Nurburgring.

Same with me! I found a stream of the Nurburgring 24 Hours on the site though. Bu that's why Espn shouldn't cover Motorsports because they charge you for it, and they don't know anything about racing! If I can't stream the 6 hours of Zuhai this weekend I will be extremely mad! Also I couldn't find a Spa 24 hour feed! Ahhh! The sad truth is, Road Racing is dead in America.

Same with me! I found a stream of the Nurburgring 24 Hours on the site though. Bu that's why Espn shouldn't cover Motorsports because they charge you for it, and they don't know anything about racing!

They do? I all I did was go to ESPN3.com, checked the providers currently providing the serivce and found mine (AT&T U-Verse in my case) and from that point on, Watched the entire ALMS Season. Didn't have to pay for anything.

Also, ESPN actually did the sensable thing and had the Radio Le Mans Commentators for the Live ESPN.com broadcasts while Brian Till, Johnny O
Connell covered the poorly sorted ESPN2/ABC highlights. They've actually managed to keep away Rusty Wallace and Marty Reid.

If I can't stream the 6 hours of Zuhai this weekend I will be extremely mad!

Here.(They have aired every ILMC race this season)

Also I couldn't find a Spa 24 hour feed!

I don't remember having any issues finding one. Maybe if the race wasn't a part of a small series there would be a little more incentive to air it.

Ahhh! The sad truth is, Road Racing is dead in America.

Yet, in the next 3 years we are getting a WTCC race in Sonoma, an Australian V8 race in Austin and 2 Grand Prix's. Not to mention the various other major events here.

Yup, it's dead.:rolleyes:

They do? I all I did was go to ESPN3.com, checked the providers currently providing the serivce and found mine (AT&T U-Verse in my case) and from that point on, Watched the entire ALMS Season. Didn't have to pay for anything.

It is free, I wish they had a pay option for those with a non supported ISP.

Now, back on topic.

I wonder what kind of paint job the Toyota will have?

Forget Red and White, I rather see it Blue and White like the winning TS010 car instead of that TS020 that didn't win overall ever!!!

Forget Red and White, I rather see it Blue and White like the winning TS010 car instead of that TS020 that didn't win overall ever!!!

Toyota has never won overall. They have won the LMGTP class in 1999, but not overall.

I have a feeling they might stick to the render photos, and go with an all white car, as it is Japan's racing colors.

Red and white are the colors of Toyota, that blue car was due to sponsorship (Casio? Minolta?)

And the TS010 never stood a chance, was totally owned by the Peugeot 905, you won't want that again, this time with the 908.

Best "Le Mans" Toyota ever was the TS020. Unlike the TS010, the TS020 was a natural born winner, and only bad luck prevented that from happening.

Red and white are the colors of Toyota, that blue car was due to sponsorship (Casio? Minolta?)

Yep, it sported the Casio Blue.

Best "Le Mans" Toyota ever was the TS020. Unlike the TS010, the TS020 was a natural born winner, and only bad luck prevented that from happening.

Yeah. Even the 1999 Fuji 1000KM race was almost in its grasp before once again, Luck bit them and the victory was taken by the Nissan R391.

White, red and black if the illustration that came with the announcement is any indication in addition to:

HLDDz.jpg

Ls2jD.jpg

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic/4920/TMG-EV-P001_1.html

JUrbB.jpg

Last edited:
Wow ... I never knew about that EV P001 before. Sub 8 minutes lap around the Nordshleife by an electric car ?????

I guess TOYOTA's Hybrid needs to be taken seriously !!

Would have been more impressive if they'd done it in their own chassis rather than an already well proven Radical.

TheCracker
Would have been more impressive if they'd done it in their own chassis rather than an already well proven Radical.

Yeah true. I saw that video a few months ago. Sadley the car is too quiet for me

Sounds like a spaceship.

This likely could've been there first go around with their hybrid engine in something other then a Production based car and they wanted to do it in something solid. They've raced their hybrid engine in that Tokachi 24 Hr Race for years (Most notibly with one of their former Super GT Chassis).

Toyota has never won overall. They have won the LMGTP class in 1999, but not overall.

I have a feeling they might stick to the render photos, and go with an all white car, as it is Japan's racing colors.

I'm not saying the TS010 won overall, I was trying to imply that it won races (as well as the JSPC back in 92) as to where the TS020 didn't win didly overall but did have class wins. TS020 was a great car but I don't really think it is worth the hype. Especially since the amazing Porsche 911 GT1 was a better car (I also like it). Oh and don't forget Merc which was even better...(I didn't like them too much though).

^The Toyota GT-Ones though were putting pacing the circuit that the CLR and the 911 Gt1 would have struggled to maintain reliably. Only the BMW LMR was able to really compete because it can match the Toyota's pace, as well as go a lap further on the tank.

If that GT-One not have gotten that tire failure at the last hour, they could have stolen it from BMW.

And oops on assuming I thought Le Mans and Toyota winning it.

I'm not saying the TS010 won overall, I was trying to imply that it won races (as well as the JSPC back in 92) as to where the TS020 didn't win didly overall but did have class wins. TS020 was a great car but I don't really think it is worth the hype. Especially since the amazing Porsche 911 GT1 was a better car (I also like it). Oh and don't forget Merc which was even better...(I didn't like them too much though).

When was the mercedes ever good?
the one that put on an airshow at Lemans?

^The Toyota GT-Ones though were putting pacing the circuit that the CLR and the 911 Gt1 would have struggled to maintain reliably. Only the BMW LMR was able to really compete because it can match the Toyota's pace, as well as go a lap further on the tank.

If that GT-One not have gotten that tire failure at the last hour, they could have stolen it from BMW.

And oops on assuming I thought Le Mans and Toyota winning it.

There was the Gearbox failure that Toyota had as well in one of the cars, as far as I see enduro sports car racing. If your equipment isn't up to the task you weren't meant to win and obviously they weren't with the TS020 and the TS010. Let's hope all parts and some luck show up next year for Toyota, cause the Rebellion did a great job for them this year.

When was the mercedes ever good?
the one that put on an airshow at Lemans?

Gee 17 wins in 22 races and two driver and two team championships, that isn't good to you? Also incidents like the (Webber) aren't shown from just them BMW did a back flip and so did the 911 GT1. Sport Car racing isn't just the 24H of Le Mans if it was building a car for one race in the year is awfully stupid and poor judgement of resources.

FYI it's Le Mans.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was the Gearbox failure that Toyota had as well in one of the cars, as far as I see enduro sports car racing. If your equipment isn't up to the task you weren't meant to win and obviously they weren't with the TS020 and the TS010. Let's hope all parts and some luck show up next year for Toyota, cause the Rebellion did a great job for them this year.

Gee 17 wins in 22 races and two driver and two team championships, that isn't good to you? Also incidents like the (Webber) aren't shown from just them BMW did a back flip and so did the 911 GT1. Sport Car racing isn't just the 24H of Le Mans if it was building a car for one race in the year is awfully stupid and poor judgement of resources.

FYI it's Le Mans.

your clearly confused. those are two different Mercedes.
The FIA GT Mercedes CLK was dominating......That the CLK

The flipping Lemans car was the Mercedes CLR

When you said:

You improperly compare the TS020('99 lemans car) with the CLK-GTR atwhich never raced at lemans in '99. the GT-one only raced at Lemans events and maybe 3 races outside of lemans in '99
The merc clk-gtr and the TS020 '99 never competed against each other.

theres two different TS020's as well. so you cant just say "Toyota TS020" one from '99 and one form '98..... one was a gt1 and one was an lmp.

so when you say "the merc was better than the toyota TS020" that has so many differnt meanings. in certain context that is wrong and in others it has merit.

Last edited:
your clearly confused. those are two different Mercedes.
The FIA GT Mercedes CLK was dominating......That the CLK

The flipping Lemans car was the Mercedes CLR

You're equally a bit confused, I never said in my post the Merc CLR -which was car brought in '99- was the car that flipped backward in '98. I was only pointing out that the car wasn't the only one to do a back flip. I'm comparing 98 stats with the Toyota TS020. I also know there were two variations of the toyota. The CLK GTR won the '97 FIA GT1 series and then bumped it up to the '98 version to the CLK LM, which was given a V8 that Merc thought could prove worthy for the 24H of Le Mans.

You improperly compare the TS020('99 lemans car) with the CLK-GTR atwhich never raced at lemans in '99. the GT-one only raced at Lemans events and maybe 3 races outside of lemans in '99
The merc clk-gtr and the TS020 '99 never competed against each other.

Yes it did race a few outside events that I believe were Japanese only, Nissan and Mazda took part in them.

theres two different TS020's as well. so you cant just say "Toyota TS020" one from '99 and one form '98..... one was a gt1 and one was an lmp.

so when you say "the merc was better than the toyota TS020" that has so many differnt meanings. in certain context that is wrong and in others it has merit.

Once again the GTR never raced Le Mans any year. It did however, race in the LM form at the 98 Le Mans and could have won just as equally as the Toyota if not for being worng about the engine, but since they got it wrong they didn't deserve to win. I was simply talking 98 obviously since I said the Porsche GT1 which wasn't raced after 98 on the international level. Now if you want to talk the '99 24h, well that's different I respect the Toyota much more, but tend to believe that the BMW was the car to beat cause it was fast (not as fast) but the better fuel economy in such a race, plus open cockpit for quicker driver changes makes me feel they may of had an equal advantage.

Just saying I don't see why the Toyota is so great, it's a good car I will say. I don't like it and don't really see it robbed of anything. Not sure why I'm getting flak from you guys over it :lol:.

We're not giving you flak about it.👍

The reason that GT-One has that aura of epicness is because nobody back then could predict Toyota can create such a machine that the ACO had PTSD over the loopholes that Toyota found.

That car pretty much forced the ACO to create the LMGTP class.

We're not giving you flak about it.👍

The reason that GT-One has that aura of epicness is because nobody back then could predict Toyota can create such a machine that the ACO had PTSD over the loopholes that Toyota found.

That car pretty much forced the ACO to create the LMGTP class.

That I can understand but this is the same series of racing that has shown a lot of amazing things through out the years. That ingenuity from Toyota didn't surprise me but show just another highlight moment that the atmosphere of Le Mans brings.

Back