Toyota Previews Sleek New Second Generation Mirai Ahead of Tokyo Motor Show

This is the best Looking car on the Crown platform to date, maybe if they bring back the Athlete it would look similar to this, the wide arches of the rear give this alot of presence.

Very clean and cohesive cab-rearward look (no "floating roof", tearducts or fake vents, thank you!) I hope this design language goes into all future Toyotas!

I like it
Looks more like a Lexus than a Toyota though. I can smell the quasi-Masonic handshake

Last edited:
Seems a bit odd to keep using the Mirai name on such a vastly different vehicle aimed at a completely different audience. It’s a bit like if they called every hybrid (whether a car or crossover) a Prius (and yes I know about the Prius C and V, but they still looked like/had some relation to the original, and in Japan they had their own names). But I guess it is still just a concept.

One of Toyota’s best designs in a while though

That looks pretty amazing, such a massive improvement over the first generation.

Since the Mirai has exchanged a wedge-shaped vehicle for a sleek saloon (and to some extent, Honda did the same with the Insight), what are the chances of Toyota doing the same with the Prius? 💡

Apart from the gaping front, it's a hell of an improvement over the old car. Sadly without a viable infrastructure, hydrogen cars will always remain as a pricey niche

Lexus inspired front headlights.
Supra inspired rear.
Lexus inspired interior, even more beautiful.
45º rear side is nice.
45º front side I can't like the nose type 86 and grille only in front view.
90º side more looks like a 4-door Supra LS.
Aero rims TOP.
And I miss the LF-A, it is what it is!.

Looks like Kia Stinger lol.
I don’t see it...
0FF9D661-B7D1-40A9-8ADB-3A51709F42A0.jpeg
6A7476AF-28CB-4BE5-81BB-AACECF8250AE.jpeg
79FEB2AB-E959-445D-B02F-790CF61F3969.jpeg
0B283F90-D6B2-4524-AF68-D078850801D3.jpeg

I really like the idea of a hydrogen fuel cell car, but where would I refuel it? Seems like you're hosed unless you live in Manhattan or SanFran.

Back