Toyota S-FR coming to Gran Turismo soon? Edit: Confirmed - Yes

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 84 comments
966229.jpg

Assumming there's 3 pages of ten machines each, the GT6 VGT cars don't add up as more than 20, unless the S-FR's presence leaves a single machine on the last page.

Seems this and the new version of the 2020 are slated for the next Gran Turismo (GT Sport) and not GT6, even though they're playable at TMS right now.

Really bummed.

Looks like it will be in an upcoming game rather than GT6, although the way it is phrased doesn't make it chrystal clear:

Pit Stop blog
...the S-FR is planned for inclusion in a future version of the Gran Turismo series.

A future version could be a future game, but it could also be a future version of GT6. So, hard to tell, but given that GT Sport was just announced I'm guessing that they're saving this car for that game.

While for the new Nissan 2020 model it says this, which is definitely more clear:

Pit Stop blog
this version will not be included in Gran Turismo 6

A future version could be a future game, but it could also be a future version of GT6. So, hard to tell, but given that GT Sport was just announced I'm guessing that they're saving this car for that game.

I don't think it'll come to GT6 considering they said "series" at the end of the sentence. If it just said "in a future version of Gran Turismo", then the chance of it being in GT6 increases. But yeah, I'm guessing it's being saved for GT Sport too. Oh well.

Talking about what i see in pit stop blog's article,i think that the screen images its from a gt6 gameplay , because there is the logo in every tv screen of the article ,but the image with a big screen there the golden write" gt sport" ,that is the trailer in random mode,cause if you look well you can see the parts of demo in different moments,like the one with new r8 lms ultra,so i think the toyota sf- r concept (will be counted like a vgt) and the 2020 nissan vgt with all the new vgts will be playable in gt6 in the future updates, i remember that Kaz said that the manufactor would made more than 1 vgt,maybe the image with all the vgt its only a demo or just the next update will include a new recommended cars menu.:)👍 is just my opinion:cheers:

I don't think it'll come to GT6 considering they said "series" at the end of the sentence. If it just said "in a future version of Gran Turismo", then the chance of it being in GT6 increases. But yeah, I'm guessing it's being saved for GT Sport too. Oh well.
Future version of Gran Turismo seems to imply either GTS or GT7, GT6 being the current version. Typically vague stuff from PD, why not just say, "It's in this game or that game"?

I hope not. I mean, they have spent time making the car for the game, they have included in a GT6 demo and now they will just say "nah, let's keep it for GTS"?!

I hope not. I mean, they have spent time making the car for the game, they have included in a GT6 demo and now they will just say "nah, let's keep it for GTS"?!

The car isn't modelled 'in' GT6, it's modelled independent of any game. All they've done is inserted it into GT6. Sure it takes a bit of work, adding the code for it, but not that much. It's just a way to let people drive the car at this event since they're obviously not at a point where they want people to play GTS demos yet. So it was either include it in the GT6 codebase, or not at all.

There's certainly no confirmation this car won't be in GT6.
But there's certainly no confirmation it will be either.

IMO, I question the "Confirmed" part of the thread title, and whether it should remain.

Saying that, nice to hear confirmation either way that the 'new' 2020 will/won't be in GT6.
Nor, I guess, the paint chip.
And also good to see evidence of new cars ready for a GT series, no matter which it arrives in.

There's certainly no confirmation this car won't be in GT6.
But there's certainly no confirmation it will be either.

IMO, I question the "Confirmed" part of the thread title, and whether it should remain.

Saying that, nice to hear confirmation either way that the 'new' 2020 will/won't be in GT6.
Nor, I guess, the paint chip.
And also good to see evidence of new cars ready for a GT series, no matter which it arrives in.
The title was changed from GT6 to Gran Turismo, but it is indeed confirmed for one or the other so that word will remain.

In any case, a few people seem to have missed this post.

The title was changed from GT6 to Gran Turismo, but it is indeed confirmed for one or the other so that word will remain.

In any case, a few people seem to have missed this post.
My apologies. I didn't spot the subtle change of thread title.
I have no issues with how it stands now. :cheers:

Regarding the quoted post.
Sure, I didn't question that.
And I certainly didn't 'miss' it. 👍

Will there be another update though? That's what I'm getting at, I'm not sure there will be now the new game has been announced.

Since the Hyundai VGT was found in the code I have reason to believe that there's at least one more update in the pipeline.

No way to know if there's anything more, but this is a good indicator, considering it appears to be in an iteration of GT6.

Maybe if someone translated the whole poster we can clear some things up?
toyota-sfr-gt6-2.jpg

"The 'Gran Turismo 6' technical demo exprerience booth"
You can enjoy the technical demo experience here with ACSIM-S07F, an interactive simulator by Access Co., Ltd., which aims for recreating realistic car physics technically cooperating with Gran Turismo. Its playable vehicles are as follows.

"Vision Gran Turismo"
This is the project that the leading car brands around the world develop concept cars for Gran Turismo and its fans. You can enjoy driving ambitious works released one after another.

"Toyota S-FR"
Toyota S-FR is a new generation lightweight sports concept car exhibited for the first time at Toyota booth. This model succeeds the lineage of Toyota lightweight sports cars, which have told us the driving pleasure. Through Gran Turismo, you can enjoy driving the concept model in which they sought the pleasure that the car responds at our will and that we can interact with it even in daily use.

Note: The concept model of Toyota S-FR is being exhibited at Toyota booth.

Last edited:
This car is ugly as sin (good job toyota designer(s)...), but anyway, any new car added in the game is welcome, for sure.

Last edited:
That massive black grill in the front and that big black part in the rear bumper are hideous IMO.
On a positive side about the design, they wanted to be original and they supposedly tried to make the front and the back look similar.

Last edited:
Back