Toyota Supra survey, get new Nurburgring Supra livery and Gr.4 car in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urus is a truck with an automatic, please don't waste time and effort on it.

Urus is a truck

636C18A8-13AB-4DB5-A91F-95CBA211AB83.jpeg

Except it's really not...

The Fiat has different suspension components, a 1.4T engine, different gearbox and gear ratios, different rear diff etc.

So whilst the chassis is the same, practically everything else is different...

Ooops! Thanks for correcting and clarifying.

Except it's really not...

The Fiat has different suspension components, a 1.4T engine, different gearbox and gear ratios, different rear diff etc.

So whilst the chassis is the same, practically everything else is different...

None of those things present any type of tuning difficulty. The power and torque curve of the engine is well documented, check. The suspension geometry hasn't change, adjust spring and dampener rates, check. Adjust final drive, gear, and diff ratios, check.

Hell, other then setting a custom power/torque curve, we as the end user have the ability to make all those other changes in game. You really made the differences out to be way more than it is. The cosmetic changes would be more work.

Personally i didn't find one question to be awkward but i guess i'm just a straight thinking, no drama kind of person!

Really? So you don't think it's odd that they ask if you have a driver's license and even if your answer is no, you need to answer when did you receive it? You can't skip that question or leave it blank. The best someone could do is answer "0".

And when they ask what games do you play on your cellphone? There's not a "none" option.

Really? So you don't think it's odd that they ask if you have a driver's license and even if your answer is no, you need to answer when did you receive it? You can't skip that question or leave it blank. The best someone could do is answer "0".

That was by far the strangest one just for that reason. Should've at least had it where if you selected no, that question shouldn't have been available to answer.

As for the question about what games being played on the phone, probably assuming that everyone plays games on their phone (even if its just waiting on the bus or being out in general).

Now, even though the Supra road car was already made well before the car appeared in GT Sport, the GT4 Supra reveal to time in game, appears spot on.

The real GR Supra GT4 Concept, was revealed in March. Making it six months to September, to be ready for October.

It was run at Goodwood, a rally stage...

...and on various tracks for testing(in "official" GT4 guise)

https://twitter.com/tmgofficial/status/1172546638134599685?s=20
https://twitter.com/tmgofficial/status/1173882551624224768?s=20
https://twitter.com/tmgofficial/status/1174246042545643520?s=20

I've made a replica livery, but wonder if we'd get this livery too
01.jpg

Can't help but think that the cars on that list are all either already done or in the making. Otherwise, why would you ask, if you would like a one-make series with them? If everyone told them the same car, and they hadn't yet planned for it, it would probably take upwards of a year to get it in the game.

So what would be the point in asking, if you'd like it? You want it, haha, well you can't have it!! No - it would not surprise me to see those cars in updates some time in the not so distant future. They all make sense as additions as well...

The real GR Supra GT4 Concept, was revealed in March.

It was run at Goodwood, a rally stage...

I've run at Goodwood last July (and walked, and staggered up that bloody hill). Does that mean I'm in the October update too? :sly::lol:

Anyway, it's pretty clear from the survey it's coming in the December update on tuesday 16th December, not October. Whether we get another "variant" without the Nurb livery, we dont know yet.

Maybe as the base car when the update comes around. But, they said the one that will be gifted will have a Nurburgring 24h livery.
I'd like it to be the base livery, but thinking it would be the concept livery as the base.
I've run at Goodwood last July (and walked, and staggered up that bloody hill). Does that mean I'm in the October update too? :sly::lol:

Anyway, it's pretty clear from the survey it's coming in the December update on tuesday 16th December, not October. Whether we get another "variant" without the Nurb livery, we dont know yet.
Oh, I mean just as it's announced in October. Let's say it is the "official" livery GT4 customer car. That was revealed June/July. Six months would put it around December as well.

Really cool to be getting this car. I think I can put up with translated surveys, if that's how they want to surprise us with cars. :)

I wonder why that reward period is exactly six months, why it's six months and what's coming in June 2020? :mischievous:

None of those things present any type of tuning difficulty. The power and torque curve of the engine is well documented, check. The suspension geometry hasn't change, adjust spring and dampener rates, check. Adjust final drive, gear, and diff ratios, check.

Hell, other then setting a custom power/torque curve, we as the end user have the ability to make all those other changes in game. You really made the differences out to be way more than it is. The cosmetic changes would be more work.

I mean, it really does...

The suspension geometry *is* different. The Fiat runs lower as a singular example, not withstanding the damping rates etc. will almost certainly be specific to the Fiat. The power and torque curve is documented, yes, but that still needs accurately modelling as the engine isn't in the game in any other vehicle AFAIK - and you have the sound modelling that would also be required. Then you need to take in to account whether they do the standard Fiat 124 or whether they do the Abarth one, which is completely different again.

I agree the cosmetic stuff would be more work, but what you're failing to realise is that they need to make an entirely new vehicle. This isn't some GT86/BRZ situation, what you have described is every single parameter that could need programming to make a brand new car (full outside and internal poly model, new suspension model, new engine model, new gearbox model and new sound model). The level of work required to create the Fiat is likely MORE than creating the BMW Z4 M40i for example because the Z4 engine is already present in a different vehicle in the game. #BMWSupraYo.

So, no. It isn't simple, quick or easy and is likely MORE work to put the 124 in to the game than some of the other cars on that list.

EDIT: Have looked in to the finer details, the gearbox is the same unit between both but the rear differentials are different. Suspension is different, engine is different, styling is different, exhaust system is different, one is turbocharged so requires drastically different audio recording, they come with different tyres from the factory... I can go on?

Also the Fiat lacks an LSD, which requires different modelling also.

Last edited:
Probably a legal competition rule. I suspect the car is coming in December.
Yes, the car is coming this December, but why an extended six months? I haven't taken note of any terms & conditions other than whats be fore the entry form https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3280854.html

There are plenty of Terms & Conditions for the GR Supra GT Cup, as that is sponsored by Toyota.

I can't remember how long rewards cars were available in past GT games. Like the GT Academy GT-R and the Gilette Camaro.

Last edited:
Kinda disappointed that we don't get a free fill box to say what we think of the Supra. I wanted to give detailed feedback on the looks, performance and the GR Supra Cup format but all we get are a few dropdown boxes with vague ratings. I put "Normal" in 90% of them because the car behaves pretty much how I expected looking at the specs (except Traction I put "Little Bad").

The one make list of cars are interesting and I, like many others in this thread, hopes that it's a backlog of cars PD wants to add in the game.

The list of other games you play, I hope whoever at Toyota compiling the survey can take a good look and realize that we are not partial to GT just because it has Toyota, and end this exclusive licensing bull****.

Anyway, looking forward to the Gr.4 when it comes to the game. I'd wager we will get the Gr.2 version as well at some point to complete the lineup since GT Sport is basically a Supra commercial at this point :lol:

one of the clunkiest and obviously badly translated survey monkey spec questionaires ever.

what year did you get your llcence?

1990? no good!

90? ok!

How long do you play GT Sport?

30?

30 hogsheads to the gallon?

one of the clunkiest and obviously badly translated survey monkey spec questionaires ever.

what year did you get your llcence?

1990? no good!

90? ok!

How long do you play GT Sport?

30?

30 hogsheads to the gallon?

It's supposed to be at what AGE you get your license, but yeah they defo need to work on the translations and time units. Clearly translator san was not involved :lol:

It's supposed to be at what AGE you get your license, but yeah they defo need to work on the translations and time units. Clearly translator san was not involved :lol:

Why is it 'clearly' what age did you get your licence? what year did you get your licence is a perfectly valid question?

Why is it 'clearly' what age did you get your licence? what year did you get your licence is a perfectly valid question?

Age is a more useful demographic question. Year by itself doesn't mean anything unless you know when the person was born. I could tell you I got my license at 2005 for example, and it means nothing because I could've been born in 1990 or 1960. Whereas if I tell you I got it at 17 yo vs 50 yo that could tell you whether I'm a driving enthusiast or someone who just gets a license for work purposes later in life (for example, not trying to generalise against someone who gets their license late).

Of course the questionnaire also asks your year of birth but usually these 2 infos will be separated and analysed on their own to avoid identifying any particular person.

Just posted about the Alpina B3 Touring confirmed for Australian sale. I wonder if the "Alpina models" would include the B5 & B3 touring. Would be awesome to see the return of high performance wagons.

I finally answered the survey. This is one of the worst survey ever done :lol: I love the initiative but I could provide a better one with google form in ten minutes. For example: Where is Forza Horizon in the list which is by far the most popular car game this gen? Except Pokémon Go, I don't know 99% of the mobile games quoted and they all look very "fan service" for me.
Last but not least: no unit of time at all...

I just did it. Although I was a little confused by the "How much time do you spend playing?" question. I tried typing 1 Hour but it didn't really accept that so I just put 60. I didn't know if it meant minutes or hours or even seconds.

But anyway, i've got a GR4 Supra coming my way in December.

I was thinking why the wait til December to gift players the car? Gazoo Racing mentioned more details of the car will be given end of this year. We'll be the first "customers" to sample this new car before it joins race series around the globe from 2020. So, I figure the performance figures for the real car, should come out early December, as we're getting the car on a Monday(Dec,16).

I was thinking why the wait til December to gift players the car? Gazoo Racing mentioned more details of the car will be given end of this year. We'll be the first "customers" to sample this new car before it joins race series around the globe from 2020. So, I figure the performance figures for the real car, should come out early December, as we're getting the car on a Monday(Dec,16).

Most likely, there will be an update available that month when the car releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back