Toyota TS030 now in GT6

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 343 comments
City of Arts and Sciences - Night_2.jpg

Toyota's TS020 and TS030.

Hoping that 3+7=10 might make a surprise appearance too.

For a car to be a premium it needs to have a high poly count. The physical body of the car has a high poly count but the livery doesn't have a high resolution.

Is there anyway to look right in the cockpit view so we can see the info display near the drivers right hand side? I can see a bit of it but would be nice to scan my head like in Forza to check out the rest of the interior.

A very nice surprise, the only downside is after a good run of proper bonnet cameras they went back to a (IMO) awful roof camera. Oh well, can't have your cake and eat it, a totally new free car is always good.

Is there anyway to look right in the cockpit view so we can see the info display near the drivers right hand side? I can see a bit of it but would be nice to scan my head like in Forza to check out the rest of the interior.

Bind a button to look right. I have square for look left and circle for look right on my DS3.

For a car to be a premium it needs to have a high poly count. The physical body of the car has a high poly count but the livery doesn't have a high resolution.

That describes about every car with a livery that's ever been in Gran Turismo. They put in so much time and effort modelling the cars and then just completely kill it with low res text and designs for the liveries.

So what does it do at Sarthe? Anyone running sub 3:30's?

What about compared to the R18, does it just blow it out of water at it's stock horsepower settings?

Getting acclimated with the car and in my hands it blows the R18 out of the water at La Sarthe 13. First sector of Haunidiers/Mulsanne straight it easily gets up to 328 kph before I have to brake into the first chicaine while the R18 struggles to get to 320 in the same section. So my fastest time at this track with the TS030 is a 3:30.001 while my fastest overall with the R18 is a 3:32.xx.which I haven't been able to replicate. All in all, I find the TS030 to be more nimble and controllable than the R18.

Note: I use a DS3 with triggers, TCS at 5, ABS at 1, no stability control and no SRF. Running with minimum downforce and stock horsepower.

Suspension:
Only changed toe values to 0.00/0.20

Brakes: 7/7

Nice car, but what hell you duing this car, if you cant use it? Maybe you can go online and start two lap-derby-keep-fun-max.K12-race... You can go arcade and drive out of the earth ? :D

I have real offline races this typical cars. More 6,8,12h and 24h races. We need GT4 races and GT6 cars together (this never happened)

I really like GT6 cars and endurance cars. I like this toyota, old toyota, audis. I hate games where you can not drive! PD destroyed this game series, and continue same line.

This is: " get nice car, but you can not drive it, so fu**you"... Thanks!

That describes about every car with a livery that's ever been in Gran Turismo. They put in so much time and effort modelling the cars and then just completely kill it with low res text and designs for the liveries.

I think you can attribute blame to the PS3 for part of that. It's not going to cope with a bunch of really high res textures on cars.

Just tried Silverstone, can match/beat real world qualifying times on racing soft tyres, so it's pretty much on pace which is good to see. Did the 10 lap S license race there too, found a bug with the hybrid system. Because the fuel/tyre depletion is accelerated, it does the same to the hybrid system. If you tap the brakes it fully charges it and runs out really quickly too without making much difference to the acceleration. I assume the tyres are worse in that mode too, even when they're new as I ran 1:45's when I was running low 1:43's in free run.

I can safely say that my heart jumped when I saw the notification saying that the TS030 had been included.
I've spent the entire night driving it and loving it, and remembering seeing that exact car crashing the DeltaWing off the track in 2012, (and the #8 car flying...)
One little thing that gets to me is how quickly the hybrid boost level drops from 40% down to nothing in 4th gear, regardless of the length of gear ratio.
But hey, that's just me. Hopefully this'll be the start of more surprise LMP1 releases for the game. Obviously I'd like to see the Le Mans spec TS040 (because of the improved front end - Google it if you don't believe me) but chances are that we won't see that for a while.
So the 2012 or 2013 Audi R18 E-tron quattro would be next in line?
Or maybe the few fans of Rebellion Racing (like me) will be lucky enough to see the Lola of 2012/13!
I could go on forever about all the LMPs I want to see in the game, but I shall not bore you all.

I think you can attribute blame to the PS3 for part of that. It's not going to cope with a bunch of really high res textures on cars.

Just tried Silverstone, can match/beat real world qualifying times on racing soft tyres, so it's pretty much on pace which is good to see. Did the 10 lap S license race there too, found a bug with the hybrid system. Because the fuel/tyre depletion is accelerated, it does the same to the hybrid system. If you tap the brakes it fully charges it and runs out really quickly too without making much difference to the acceleration. I assume the tyres are worse in that mode too, even when they're new as I ran 1:45's when I was running low 1:43's in free run.
Same for some electric and hybrid cars have battery depletion depend on how normal, fast, or very fast depletion.

It's not that it needs to be super high res, it just shouldn't be super low res and jaggy from far away. That's just pathetic. For all the talk of GT6 pushing the PS3, I don't see other games look as bad in other aspects. GT6 (and GT5) just looks awful when it comes to things like trees, environment texture, car liveries, etc. It's time they stop getting mulligans cause of the console.

Bind a button to look right. I have square for look left and circle for look right on my DS3.

Many many thanks. I didn't even know this was able to be done.

Just took my TS030 out to Spielberg short track for a ten lap test session. God I love this car so much right now

This car has amazing handling. It could easily handle twice the horsepower. A bit disappointed that you can't add a turbo like all the other Le Mans cars.

New seasonal event with this beauty. A lap of sarthe 2013 with it loaned. It has terrible top speed with the super long gearing. Low 3:40's should be good.

This is a really fun car, and I can't wait to get another hybrid P1 car (if we get another). The only thing the irks me is that tracks don't have hybrid zones like they did in real life in 2012. So, this car gets access to that hybrid power all the time (as long as you charge it) instead of a couple straights.

Jesus I forgot about this. Toyota needs to stop crashing into other cars, the Delta wing last year (I think?) and the Audi AND Ferrari this year...Come on...
Yeah. But this is my biggest gripe of all.

The Deltawing at the time will make a (top 10?) finish. But then that darn Toyota TS030 ruined Deltawing debut. It would make a news if its finished but no, it was ruined.

10496243_895762203772341_5258712919772788810_o.jpg

I just notice this after taking some pics. Aren`t the livery resolutions too low for a premium car? I see a lot of pixels. (Sorry if anyone else already spotted this, couldn't read the full topic ;) )
I think so.

At the interior view, look left. Yeah its as bad as Blitz D1 Drift Car.

Back