TPC Presents: 300km of Blue Moon Bay, COMPLETED, Winner: PhilTaylor17

Little birdie told me the Alfa is worth a shot. :)

I've hardly used the Alfa since I first got the game when it came out! I'll give it a run out!

You have used the same BOP for the Lexus as in @Kermit_2142 multi-class series. Staight away I was consistant in it. Over 1000 miles on the clock in that car at this BOP, so a good marker for me. Will use something else for this race tho.

Tested in the following order. All got 10 laps just to get a feel of the car's BOP. I got faster with each car until the last one.

Mustang - looks like a good power to weight ratio for the BOP, but I didn't think I could carry enough speed through the last corner in it.
Lexus - see my previous comment.
Aston - took a few laps to work out the gearing for each corner. My fastest time in a FR car was with the Aston.
Alfa - fun to drive. Quickly beat my time in the Aston.
Ferrari - only car I dipped into the 1:07s in. I think I just prefer MR cars.
Jaguar - I thought it had a good 3rd gear for the final corner, but couldn't better the time I did in the Ferrari.

Went back to the Mustang and gave it another 10 laps. Was better than before, but still couldn't better low 1:08s.

I'll test a couple more tomorrow morning.

I‘m in :cheers:

GTP name - GTP_Guido
PSN name - TPC_Guido
Race number - 23
Car choice - Mustang

full

full

Last edited:
This morning I tested the following. Again, 10 laps each.

Lambo – fast, but I found it tricky to be consistent in. 1:08.0xx was the best I could do. So similar time to the Alfa, but I’d choose the Alfa for a long race.
NSX – easier to be consistent. I couldn’t better my final sector time I set in the Lambo, but overall I did post a 1:07.9xx in this car.
BMW – easy to drive. Steady. I think it would be good in the race. My best lap was 1:08.1xx
Merc – I just don’t get on with this car! The Lewis Hamilton TT was tricky for me, but the car is better with this BOP and RM tyres. 3rd gear nice for the right hander at turn 4 and the final corner. My pace in the middle sector was poor, but still managed a 1:08.1xx. I'd pick the BMW or Aston before the Merc.

@Adam Barber - please put me down for the Ferrari for this race. Thanks. I'll worry about fuel and tyre wear at a later date!

Now off to Brands Hatch in the GR4 McLaren!

Last edited:
. . . Lambo – fast, but I found it tricky to be consistent in. 1:08.0xx was the best I could do. So similar time to the Alfa, but I’d choose the Alfa for a long race.

The best I have gotten so far is 1:10.xx in the Alfa but running 10 lap test shows good on fuel (10% used +/-) and very little tire wear. It is also fun to drive. It might not get me the fast 1:08.xx laps others are seeing but who is actually going to run that for 90 laps comfortably?

Back