TPC Racing Presents - Time Attack.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 292 comments
Thanks, I thought I might have had p1 for at least a little bit :lol:.

I’ve basically spent an hour just on the gear box, and a few minor suspension/diff tweeks. I find no difference in speed but I prefer just using gears 1-5. I think I could hit a high 51 on a perfect lap but gonna be tough to actually do it!!
It’s not a bad car after a few changes. Hopefully someone nails a 50.xxx 👍

I just tweaked my gearbox again and scored a 1:51.3, but I haven’t rewatched the replay to see if it’s clean yet. Try this gearbox, I think I’ve got it setup to the track pretty well now. :)

94A5BD4C-017A-4A0C-8B34-ACFBC7F35278.png

Splits, I’ll submit them when I know it’s clean. :)
745493B1-18C9-43FA-9B86-5D73932DDF02.png

Edit: On-board. :)

Edit 2: Pic. :D
567197C4-65A5-47DE-95C0-0B4DE1A734E9.png

Last edited:
I think we can definitely get to the 50s for a clean lap. I had a look at my 52 before heading to work and it was clean. Definitely need to have a run with @praiano63 tune since I know that thing can be tightened down a lot more than I had it. Still going to do some fiddling with the gears to get them where I want them.

Clean or not that is a fast lap @Pigems and @Kermit_2142. Can say that nailing spoon is worth at least 2 tenths, and yes, degner 2 wiped out several fast laps for me. :ouch:

I can do a 1:56.2 stock, but no idea about tuning this car. I may just have to accept I'm not gonna keep up here; fun combo though.
Go for the tunes by @praiano63 as they seem to always be really good finely tuned places to start. You will be surprised how much a bit of practice will go with one of those. And crash lots. That is honestly how I keep finding the edges. I bin it constantly on this thing. All you need is a fast 1 lap, no points, no race. Push like hell and you can start to see how a full lap links up sector to sector. My first lap was a 2:02 just for reference. Took me about 12 to get under a 1:57 as I still was saving it and sliding it not sure where to go.

Go for the tunes by @praiano63 as they seem to always be really good finely tuned places to start. You will be surprised how much a bit of practice will go with one of those. And crash lots. That is honestly how I keep finding the edges. I bin it constantly on this thing. All you need is a fast 1 lap, no points, no race. Push like hell and you can start to see how a full lap links up sector to sector. My first lap was a 2:02 just for reference. Took me about 12 to get under a 1:57 as I still was saving it and sliding it not sure where to go.
It's a good way to work on my quali/time trial skills which have never been sharp. I've stolen @Pigems tune and saved lots of time, but yet to manage a legal lap (thankyou degner).

Trying to foster good habits, starting slow and approaching the limit gradually, rather than my usual overdrive-it-til-it-sticks approach :P

Hopefully I will get a chance to try a few runs tonight.
I did notice that first night if you reverse the sway bar setup you get the car more predictable, and increasing the rear rebound damping makes turn 1 a heck of a lot easier, this is a hard challenge though.
I’m going to try @Pigems gearbox too. I goofed around a little last night but couldn’t find significant gains on the gears in limited time.
This is going to be tough. Suzuka is hard to hotlap.
So far my best runs have equaled the shared lap, the only real change I found beneficial is sway bars and bit more rebound damping.
Good luck and nice runs so far guys. It’s going to be tough for me to keep up this week.
For Tsukuba I’m leaning towards group B so far, either that or n100...

OP updated with new car/track combo. Link to Google form now links to Suzuka form.

@Groundfish @Pigems @nuthunmuch @Redneckchef can you share your best 22B/Tsukuba lap replay's in game with #tpctimeattack

I'll share mine, as I'm placed 4th. Just so everyone can make sure that we're all within track limits/tyres match, etc.

Sorry for the delay. Been busy and haven't been on GT in the past couple days. I'll try to share my replay later tonight.

Update: replay shared

Last edited:
I would normally go about building slowly and finding the limits, and that is how I started with this one as well. Then I forgot to brake for degner 1 and found I could go through full on! Spent the next 30.minutes pretty much launching my car through everything and into everything and made huge gains figuring places I could carry massively more speed because the car was actually responding better under higher speed. Weird, but I will take it. This car is just odd

1:51.076 - I just wanted to get into the 51s and next minute I’m nudging 50s. That lap should’ve been a 50 but I didn’t cut the final chicane anywhere near enough and lost a good tenth or so. I’ve tried a few times but I can’t seem to catch the ghost now, I really nailed sector 2 that one time, it seems you’ve got to slide it through which feels slower but it’s actually faster.
Happy with that though. Someone has to break us into 50s surely!!!!!

1:51.076 - I just wanted to get into the 51s and next minute I’m nudging 50s. That lap should’ve been a 50 but I didn’t cut the final chicane anywhere near enough and lost a good tenth or so. I’ve tried a few times but I can’t seem to catch the ghost now, I really nailed sector 2 that one time, it seems you’ve got to slide it through which feels slower but it’s actually faster.
Happy with that though. Someone has to break us into 50s surely!!!!!
Awesome lap, I will be looking to push back a bit tonight as I actually might just skip dailies all week this week. This combo has been way more fun than I thought and I think I need a stretch of practice without others punting me. Only me launching myself off frequently.:sly:

You using a modified tune and gearbox from @praiano63 and @Pigems bases?

Yh I really enjoyed this combo, it’s frustratingly addictive. It’s really hard to nail that one lap, I must’ve done 50 laps tonight :scared:

I’m not a fan of the 6 gear setup, but this 5 works ok, except out of degna 2 you’ve really gotta nail it else it bogs down in 3rd. Worked on this tune myself pretty much, played a lot with the toe, camber and roll bars and settled on this, I was trying to tune out the oversteer a bit because I just couldn’t catch the thing once it was going. I got to the point where it was me making mistakes and not the car setup.

edit: replay is also shared in game

DF7D69E2-4BF4-42D8-AC2E-B1F8B2C1E17B.jpeg

53AB1BBD-CCCE-40EF-B830-747B0A9D4E76.jpeg

Closing in on @Pigems challenge, I feel capable of the 52 without further tuning. Just gotta get the esses and spoon as good as I can on the same lap and I'll make it easily. Degner has gone from a pain in the ass to the most satisfying part of the lap to nail.

EDIT: Optimal 1:52.912. I was ~4 tenths quicker through S1 and S2 on the following lap, but started bottling and figured I'd take what I'd gotten so far.

Last edited:
Yesterday I ran a bunch of laps but it seems I always end up with a pixel on the white line.
My best lap is shared in game (stock suspension) but I think my final chicane is slightly out of bounds. My left front barely grazes the white line on entry and on exit the right front. I’d like a ruling on that lol.
I’m using the suspension and diff stock and gearbox I defaulted, then moved final drive slider all the way left, then set top speed to I think 162? The car will do much better than I’m getting so far setup this way.
I just can’t seem to put the lap together yet...

Yesterday I ran a bunch of laps but it seems I always end up with a pixel on the white line.
My best lap is shared in game (stock suspension) but I think my final chicane is slightly out of bounds. My left front barely grazes the white line on entry and on exit the right front. I’d like a ruling on that lol.
I’m using the suspension and diff stock and gearbox I defaulted, then moved final drive slider all the way left, then set top speed to I think 162? The car will do much better than I’m getting so far setup this way.
I just can’t seem to put the lap together yet...
I believe we are using the kerbing as the white line for this circuit, so you should be OK to give Casio a nice deep cut.

I believe we are using the kerbing as the white line for this circuit, so you should be OK to give Casio a nice deep cut.

Ok thanks for that!
Hope restored!
For me it’s the esses mostly where I need a bit more room around the apexes, not that I hit them right, I need that room tho.
My 51.200 will stand if we are using the curbing, but I maybe can get the 50 if I can put the lap together and IF the inside boundary is the curbing...

I have high hopes. My method will be stock, if I start getting too oversteery the only bit I will adjust will be sway bars and use the gearbox like I already said.

Last edited:
Next weeks Tsukuba car will be the 1971 Detomaso Pantera in n400 with sport soft tires!
Weight will be 88 Power ratio 115.
I might be doing more laps in that than anything else next week. Had a real disaster with the dailies and need to avoid Monza as much as I love it since I just cant stay out of a good race. Think we are going to have a real challenge wrestling that beast around.:cheers:

Back