TRANS AM & CAN AM / Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST: CHAMPIONS Flaco T7 & Lex Lathor TA1 & 2Finished 

Irrelevant to this championship, but to those who drove the Cobra in the previous one and thought it'd be nice to own the real thing, you can get it for merely $120k! The winners of the previous championship should have gotten lots of prize money from Sick, so that shouldn't be an issue :lol:.

http://jalopnik.com/shelby-is-making-50-cobra-427s-to-celebrate-its-50th-a-1676526910?rev=1419980440864&utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_twitter&utm_source=jalopnik_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

A nice thought, but the aluminium version starts at $180K. Personally I would rather have this six cylinder Ace - a 427 Cobra would be too fast for me and the local roads and would soon find its way through a hedge bckwards and into a ditch.

steveduckworthhawkace3.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ac-ace-bristol-1956.300550/#post-9257397

Please vote for the Father of the Shelby Cobra if you haven't done so already!

Last edited:
Interesting clips on the thread - I'll be keeping an eye on the series even though I won't be free to race on Sunday's. Happy new year to you all!

TA Yunick final.jpg
TA Yunick GT6 Cars.jpg

I tested a few Ford Mustang Mach 1 tunes this morning in an effort to find something easier to drive and faster than my default tune of race soft suspension, but haven't had much luck so far: times from Tsukuba:

Leonidae = 0
Arrakis Speedshop = +0.088
Sick Default = +0.401
Priaino = +0.408

If anyone has a good setup which they wouldn't mind sharing or knows of any other tunes for the Mach 1 please let me know.

See you all Sunday!

Last edited:
Hey Sick, can you allow us to use the aero kits on the Mustang as seen on this car?
th

Yes - the front spoilers in the game look like those and there is an option for a rear spoiler that looks similar - you could also use the black carbon bonnet if you want a replica.

Added by edit - I just checked and the front spoilers don't add adjustable downforce so are purely cosmetic - I took it off my car because both front spoiler options come with ugly sideskirts, but use the one with the smaller skirt if you want.

Last edited:
Sorry, but does it start in 10 minutes from now or in an hour? not sure if the timezone thing changed back or not.

Trans Am 2 Poster 3 Round 1.jpg

Opening picture - Ryan Racer pours on the style in his Plymouth at the Corkscrew in the Trans Am 2 race.

TA1 Poster Rd 1.jpg

Picture 1 Smiley and GK Gamer lead the field in their Mercury's. 2 John Wells Alfa Romeo chases Maximusmonster yellow Alfa. 3 Platinum License holders Flaco, Rehdogg and Lex Lathor were guest drivers for Nissan at this round and brought their Bluebird 510's home in 8th, 9th and 10th places respectively. 4 Ryan Racer red Alfa chases the leaders and tries to escape the attentions of Makovics Pontiac. 5 there were battles throughout the field - in this shot GK Gamer and Smiley race close! 6 John Wells Mercury chases the pack.

Race impressions - I made a reasonable start in my Mercury Cougar XR7 and had a grandstand seat for the battle in the early laps between Pimiki (Alfa) and Ning (Pontiac). They swapped paint a few times as it was very close. Eventually they pulled away and GK Gamer dropped back to 5th with me taking 6th.

Trans Am 1 Results
1st - SmileyWRX - Mercury - will be guest driver for Nissan at Round 2
2nd - Makovics - Pontiac - will be guest driver for Nissan at Round 2
3rd - Ning Dynasty - Pontiac - A superb debut for new driver Ning
4th - Pimiki - Alfa Romeo

Trans Am 2 Poster 1 Round 1.jpg

Picture 1 Flaco leads the pack into turn one. 2 Flaco in blue Ford and Smiley green Ford battle. 3 Lex Lathor Dodge on the brakes. 4 Ryan Racer white and black Plymouth outbrakes Pimiki Alfa - note this is an example of PD's mysterious "previous car bug" Pimiki had loaded his 700bhp Plymouth, but in game it appeared as an Alfa! 5 Tony Lomas Mach 1 Ford Mustang looked gorgeous on road "Rostyle" wheels (but please swap to PDI PD525N steel wheels or American Racing Vintage Torq Thrust next week. Smiley please change rear wing on Ford. Rehdogg, Makovics, GK Gamer and Pimiki please add driver numbers to Trans Am 2 cars).

Trans Am 2 Poster 2 Round 1.jpg

Picture 1 Ning Dynasty Trans Cammer looks superb. 2 Maximusmonster Chevrolet chases the second group into the corkscrew. 3 Ryan Racer was having to push his Plymouth very hard. 4 Sick Ford Mustang. 5 John Wells Chevrolet. 6 Ryan Racer Plymouth had a great paint scheme and his spirited driving produced great photos! (Maximusmonster and Ning Dynasty please change driver number font).

Note to drivers - the race number background (circle shape) can either have a black surround - this looks best on light coloured cars such as Ryan Racer or Lex Lathor or no surround - this looks best on dark painted cars such as Sick Cylinder Ford.

Trans Am 2 Results
1st - Smiley WRX - Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Race Number 47)
2nd - Flaco - Ford Mustand Mach 1 (Race Number 13)
3rd - Lex Lathor - Dodge Challenger (Race Number 78)
4th - Makovics - Dodge Challenger (Race Number 95 - NOT DISPLAYED)
5th - Ning Dynasty - Trans Cammer (Race Number 2)
6th - Pimiki - Alfa Romeo / Plymouth Cuda (Race Number - NOT DISPLAYED)
7th - Maximusmonster - Chevrolet Camaro (race Number 41)
8th - Rehdogg - Plymouth Cuda (Race Number 86 - NOT DISPLAYED)
9th - Sick Cylinder - Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Race Number 58)
10th - GK Gamer - Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Race Number - NOT DISPLAYED)
11th - Tony Lomas - Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Race Number 22)
12th - John Wells - Chevrolet Camaro (Race Number 25)
13th - Ryan Racer - Plymouth Cuda (Race Number 7) Retirement / Disconnection

Race impressions - During the test day my Ford Mustang Mach 1 had been terrible to drive - it was on my own settings and I'm not good at GT6 tuning. Since the test day I had tried 6 different tunes for the car and found what suited me best - the Xande tune kindly recommended by Ace Lensman and Racer IfAndOr. I got a reasonable start making up one place and until the midway pit stop was holding 5th place and gaining on Platinum driver Lex Lathor. As the tyres wore I was getting closer by a fraction each lap - his car was obviously slower and more difficult to drive, but he kept ahead of me due to his greater driving skills. Following the pit stop I couldn't find the new limits of the car and Lex romped away from me while I struggled - the car seemed to have got much worse with poor braking and no grip on turn in. I struggled to get the car stopped and turned losing 5 places within a couple of laps. Maybe the "rotten second set of tyres bug" is back, but as no one else seemed to struggle I think it's more likely that having found a good rhythm on the old tyres I just couldn't adapt as quickly as the other, more skilled drivers after the pit stop and made a few mistakes. Towards the end of the race I was catching Rehdogg quite quickly in his Plymouth Cuda - I think that his tyres had worn more as he was having to push his slower car very hard - I was very close and maybe could have gained a place if only there was another lap! I wonder how many team managers have heard that comment / excuse!

A very enjoyable race and I'm happy that Race Hard tyres were the right ones for these cars.

PD need to urgently address the "Previous Car Bug" - at least 10 minutes was lost between race 1 and 2 because of this problem and eventually we had to race with one car still wearing the previous body.

Can Am Poster Rd 1.jpg

Can Am by Toyota 7 Results
1st - Rehdogg
2nd - Flaco
3rd - SmileyWRX
4th - Lex Lathor

Race Impressions - The Toyota 7 was entertaining to drive, with a tendancy to swap ends under braking or on the throttle demanding using of high gears to cut wheelspin and quick reactions on the wheel. I tried for a heroic start, but lost control going from hero to zero (last place) by the end of the first corner. Eventually I made my way back to finish 6th in a field sadly depleted by disconnections.

Drivers Championships, Manufacturers Championships and Team Championships Points Tables to follow.

Can all drivers please ensure that they fit their race numbers to their cars before next week and use the suggested font.

Next Round Zahara - note the main event alternates between trans Am 2 and Can Am by Toyota 7 and next week the main event is Can Am which will complete 2 laps while Trans Am 1 and 2 complete 1 lap.

To join this exciting set of championships, initially as a reserve driver, contact Sick Cylinder.

Last edited:
Sorry I frogot about the racing number! I'll make sure to put on for next week.

btw is number 4 still taken? if not i'd then like to change mine to that :) if it is then 86 is just fine.

Danielsspel usually uses number 4. Although he didn't race this week I assume he's coming back.

Horst Kwech pt1.JPG

Horst Kwech pt2.JPG

The standings after round 1 for the Horst Kwech Trophy. (same format as the Jack Sear's in the previous championship).
Points are awarded for places gained during the race. Basically, comparing the initial grid position to the final finishing position.

Please let me know if I've made any mistakes in your names, numbers, flags or car choices. Obviously, the Nissan Bluebird moves after each race.

I am totally impressed with the choices of cars picked by SickCylinder. They are extremely well matched.
In the Trans Am 1 races the top 7 qualified within about 2 seconds.
In the Trans Am 2 races the top 10 qualified within about 2 seconds!

Also, a special mention should be made for Rehdogg's Can Am Race, he started at the back of the grid in 9th and finished 1st! Well done.

My race's were fairly straight forward. I qualified badly for all three, got a good start from the line and gained a place or two, then lost them being overly cautious in the first corners. Then generally had a spin in each race anyway.

However, the cars are the fun side of tricky to drive and I enjoyed getting a few good laps in. I knew I needed more practice anyway.

P.S. Sorry Sick for leaving stock road wheels on my Mach 1. Wish I could blame them for my slow driving. High speed race wheels ready for next week :)

Last edited:
I will be back, and I think I'll stick to nr 4 :-P
Also I had to write something so that I would get a notice when something happens here. Just so everyone knows, very important to me that you know this! ;-)

TransAm2 Pimiki and Mako 13 points?
Who gets 10pts?

Max and Tony 5pts?

In Toyota chart no 6 and 7 pts awarded

Think could be a mistake :boggled:

TransAm2 Pimiki and Mako 13 points?
Who gets 10pts?

Max and Tony 5pts?

In Toyota chart no 6 and 7 pts awarded

Think could be a mistake :boggled:

Thanks Smiley - must be a mistake. I will check and put the corrected tables up tomorrow by edit.

PS Is that your motorcycle in your avatar picture? Nice bike - is it a Suzuki GSXR 600?

Picture 1 Ning Dynasty Trans Cammer looks superb. 2 Maximusmonster Chevrolet chases the second group into the corkscrew. 3 Ryan Racer was having to push his Plymouth very hard. 4 Sick Ford Mustang. 5 John Wells Chevrolet. 6 Ryan Racer Plymouth had a great paint scheme and his spirited driving produced great photos! (Maximusmonster and Ning Dynasty please change driver number font).

I would like to apply to keep the number font as I specifically picked it to match the old Blue Deuce driven by Dan Gurney. Trying to work on the color but I didn't have many blue options.

used-1969-shelby-trans~am_mustang-boss302-9423-5421166-19-640.jpg

I would like to apply to keep the number font as I specifically picked it to match the old Blue Deuce driven by Dan Gurney. Trying to work on the color but I didn't have many blue options.

used-1969-shelby-trans~am_mustang-boss302-9423-5421166-19-640.jpg

No problem Ning. I'll have a look through my blues and try and find a match. Flaco might know the colour.

I think thats to light, same with Sonic Blue Clearcoat from the F-150 Lightning. I'm gonna try Ford Performance Blue from the Focus ST.

Thanks for the help!

Amended Championship Points Tables have now been posted - thanks to Smiley for spotting the errors. The points tables are posted near the start of the thread on page 1 and also after the most recent race report.

Please note, the next round at Zahara is a long track therefore there will not be any pit stops and the races will be just 1 lap long apart from Can Am by Toyota 7 which will be 2 laps. Tyre wear will be set to normal.

Important note for Drivers about the "Previous Car Bug" - until PD fix this bug please always use the following procedure for the second and third races - this will prevent the bug from disrupting our race meetings and wasting valuable time.

Change from your race 1 car to a car you will not be using in race 2 and enter the track. Exit the track and now select the correct car for race 2 and enter the track - you will now be ok to race. Repeat this procedure for race 3.

Back