TRANS AM & CAN AM / Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST: CHAMPIONS Flaco T7 & Lex Lathor TA1 & 2Finished 

Thanks Sick for providing great pictures to match my race reports. Sorry if I took you and Lex off in the Trans Am 2 race. I assumed that I had ghosted and people passed through me as I'd spun off so badly and I didn't hear the collision. Like I said, I've not had chance to watch the replays properly yet, apart from the start of the Can Am race.

Last edited:
As Tony mentioned above he and I had great battles in the first race. An advice: Tony, practice practice practice until you leave me behind with no chance in Bluebird. Try tuning with Motor City Hamis guide. In the swcind race I had black screens coming some times so I decided to pass on CanAm because I feared I could cause problems to others. The HD cable between console and Tv could be the issue, I will have that fixed til next week.

Horst Kwech pt1.JPG

Horst Kwech pt2.JPG

Great photos Lex!

Championship Points tables after 3 Rounds of 15

Trans Am 1 Points.jpg
Trans Am 2 Points.jpg
Can Amby Toyota 7 Points.jpg

After 3 rounds SmileyWRX is leading in all drivers championships!

Trans Am 1: Smiley = 58, Ning Dynasty = 46, Flaco = 43

Trans Am 2: Smiley = 66, Lex Lathor = 56, Flaco = 55

Can Am: Smiley = 52, Lex Lathor = 51, Flaco & Rehdogg 45

SmileyWRX and Ning Dynasty are guest drivers for Nissan with the Bluebird 510 in the next Trans Am 1 race which will be 15 minutes round Suzuka East.

Trans Am 2 will be 15 minutes round Suzuka - note this circuit has been refreshed / updated by Polyphony Digital.

The Toyota 7 will be able to stretch its legs with 25 minutes round Suzuka.

If you would like to join this series we have space for an experienced, fast driver or an online novice.

Inspired by Lex's photo's above. Here's the story of my Trans Am 1 race in pictures.... (long post)

My Yellow Cougar sitting on the grid in 8th place
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_1.jpg

A good start sees me pass Pimiki and Rehdogg in the Alfa's and Sick's black Cougar.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_2.jpg

Smiley unluckily goes off and gives up the lead. I follow Lex and Ning in 3rd place.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_3.jpg

Lex and Ning put some distance between me and them. Rehdogg starts to gain on me in his blue Alfa.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_4.jpg

The pressure gets to me and I go off, letting Rehdogg and Pimiki through.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_5.jpg

I rejoin back in 9th place and follow the close battle between Flaco, Maxi and Gkgamer.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_6.jpg

Maxi goes off and I pass Gkgamer as he takes a 'shortcut' (well held). Then I head after Flaco for a few laps.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_7.jpg

I briefly overtake Flaco by my pit stop position being ahead of his. (technically, I'm 5th at this point as Pimiki has already pitted)
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_8.jpg

I finally over take Flaco for 6th place on a high speed corner.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_9.jpg

But I never pull out a lead and he's there to pounce when I make a mistake.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_10.jpg

A final off by me see Sick and Gkgamer go past me and by now Smiley has retaken the lead and wins, followed by Ning and Rehdogg.
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_11.jpg

Certainly an entertaining race. From 8th to 3rd, to 9th, to 5th and then back to 9th to finish. :)

Nice post Tony - keep them coming!

In the bottom picture you can see one of the strange little faults of GT6 (and GT5) - namely that when you leave a mark on the track from a skid or wheelspin and take a photo in replay mode the car is at its correct position, but the skidmark continues to where it ended even though the car hasn't reached there yet! That is one of the quirks of the game which I would like PD to fix as it would improve the realism of photomode.

Great photos though Tony!

but the skidmark continues to where it ended even though the car hasn't reached there yet!
It's Tony sliding backwards. :)

(It is an annoying glitch through)

Sick - you should try Willow earlier/later in the day, the lighting is a lot more photogenic. The midday sun tends to bleach the colours out.
Nevertheless - great pictures everyone. 👍

It's Tony sliding backwards. :)

(It is an annoying glitch through)

Sick - you should try Willow earlier/later in the day, the lighting is a lot more photogenic. The midday sun tends to bleach the colours out.
Nevertheless - great pictures everyone. 👍

The time used was 15:00 which is not ideal for pictures, but is realistic for racing. I hope you and the guys like this new publicity poster:

Trans Am Retro Poster Final.jpg

Sorry Sick dad's birthday so will be absent from Sunday family meal so probably safer away from ps3 lol.:tup:Cheers Max.

Wish your dad a happy birthday then show him this new poster and he'll understand why you want to get back to your PS3!

Wide Boots GT 1.jpg

Good luck to all drivers on Sunday - remember Suzuka East for Trans Am 1 and the updated Suzuka for Trans Am 2 and Can Am by Toyota 7.

So it´s the updated Suzuka! Suzuka 2014! Guys, note this one for practice, the grip difference between the 2014 layout and the "old" Suzuka is very noticable! I´m currently seeing Pimiki practicing on the old layout is why I´m writing this. Maybe @LexLathor can inform him about it.

Please don´t use horns while stationary on the grid before race start. And stay on the right side of the white line on pitstop exit(s), it´s for fairness.

I have a room open for practice until Sick is online, too. Feel free to join me there.

:cheers:

DSC_0036.JPG
I wonder if the router is close enough now? I've spent half the day moving the phone contact to the Playstation. Had problems a few weeks ago, so the phoneguy was here, wich got the router even further away than it was before, now I fixed it myself without knowing anything about these things, but there where only two cables, so it wasn't that hard! :)

Toyota 7 Race. I got out right behind Sick after pitting, kept fairly close to him, then my wife and son steps into the room and starts talking about wolfs and showering and I don't know? They leave and I begin to pick up pace again, suddenly Oneracer appears infront of me, I think I could take him and maybe Sick to if I concentrate enough, then my son steps into the room again and starts talking about crazy things (everything's crazy, he's just 2,5) I chrash and give up! Well maybe next week, atleast my internet works now. Go Europe!!! ;)

I bathed my dog at the weekend. He's only a chocolate labrador but it looked like a wet fur explosion in my bathroom! I wouldn't recommend showering a wolf. Just leave them outside until it rains.

Regarding the races....

I was a little nervous leading up to these races, I found that I wasn't doing very well during practice. I've just read Flaco's assessment of the grip levels so that might have been a factor.

For all three races, I could see Daniel in the room but not on the track, so apologies if I tried to drive right through you Daniel. Can anyone please tell me where he started on the grid and finished in the races so that I can update the Horst Kwech tables properly?

Trans Am 1 : Qualified 7th (probably 8th behind Daniel), Raced, spun off, ended up at the back, tried to catch up, spun off, swore etc... I do find that after I spin off the car seems undriveable for a few seconds. I don't know if its supposed to be like that or its just a heavy angry accelerator foot. lol One other recollection from this race was Flaco expertly avoiding me as spin off trying to catch Max when I hadn't even noticed Flaco in my mirrors at all.

Trans Am 2 : Spun in first qualifying lap and didn't get a second lap finished in time, so started at the back of the grid. I decided to stay calm, ignore trying to race, stay at the back and see how many laps I could manage without spinning off. It worked really well as others were unlucky and spinning quite a bit. By the last lap I still hadn't crashed and was now running 5th (or 6th if there was an invisible Daniel up ahead) Max and Miki had been pressuring me, but I just focused on staying on the gray stuff. Eventually, Miki was almost passed me on a couple of corners but there wasn't quite enough room. Then he managed to come alongside me again. It was good close wheel to wheel racing. I moved over to give him room and WHOOSH, I'm on the grass spinning! Damn, damn damn! Last place. Good fun though, I just need to hold my line a little more.

Can Am: Same tactic with an even slower start after all the spinning fun on the grid from last week. So I'm at the back hoping to see lots of smoke ahead of me. A few laps in Max and Daniel retire so I know I'm actually running in where it says on my screen. Sick goes off and I'm running 6th. He's soon behind me and very patiently giving me plenty of room. I can almost feel he's eyes on my back waiting for me to spin and let him through. I lasted 20 minutes into the race. (a new record for me :)) On the last lap I crashed into the back of smiley. I think he's tyres had gone. I don't know if he was just driving slow or had just go back onto the track. He was really struggling. I let him have the place back, but he didn't take it. We're both driving in the same Jochen Rindt team so I guess it doesn't matter.

Edit: Thanks Lex for the grids and results. I'll update the tables later.

Last edited:
"shower ok, but ... why ... wolfes? .... why wolfes??"

Kids are awesome!

Go Europe!!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually the wolf part isn't that crazy, we have a lot of wolfs here which is causing a lot of problems for farmers and such. In fact, I saw a wolf just an hour ago. :)

Race Report Poster Fear & Loathing.jpg
TA 1 Poster.jpg

Picture 1 - Flaco in blue Mercury Cougar with yellow wheels (Roger Penske Tribute) leads into turn 1. Flaco was on fire at this meeting leading into turn 1 and finishing first in every race. 2 SmileyWRX was guest driving for Nissan in the Bluebird 510 after scoring a win in this event last week. Fellow Nissan guest driver Ning Dynasty was unable to make the grid. Flaco and Sick Cylinder (who inexplicably scored a 2nd place) will be driving for Nissan next week. Picture 3 Pimiki in his Alfa Romeo.

Trans Am 1 Results
1st - Flaco - Mercury Cougar
2nd - Sick Cylinder - Mercury Cougar
3rd - Lex Lathor - Pontiac Tempest

4th - Makovics - Pontiac Tempest
5th - Pimiki - Alfa Romeo
6th - Danielsspel - Pontiac Tempest
7th - Maximusmonster - Alfa Romeo
8th - SmileyWRX - Nissan Bluebird
9th - Tony Lomas Mercury Cougar

Can Am Poster.jpg

This car was a bit of a handful round Suzuka - hence the "fear and loathing" in the title. I have the utmost respect for the test drivers who developed this car for the Japanese Group 7 races and a planned assault on the Can Am Championship in the USA and Canada. The project was cancelled after two test drivers lost their lives. This was in the early days of turbocharger and fuel injection technology when control was mechanical not electronic. This car is difficult, but satisfying when you get into a groove - unfortunately I lost mine due to my eldest daughter bursting into my race room and demanding to know where I had put her mint Aero chocolate - my belly is probably what she thought! It was hard to regain a rhythm with the car after the inevitable spin and I even managed another spin on the last lap with a few corners to go! This car demands total concentration.

As Tony has mentioned it takes a while to clear the tyres so a careful return to the track is demanded after an off. Danielsspel was distracted by wolves and all drivers except Flaco were scared into a series of mistakes and spins.

Next week Trans Am 2 is the main event so that race is back to 25 minutes and Can Am by Toyota 7 is reduced to 15 minutes.

Can Am by Toyota 7 Results
1st - Flaco
2nd - Makovics
3rd - Pimiki

4th - Lex Lathor
5th - Sick Cylinder
6th - Tony Lomas
7th - SmileyWRX
8th - Danielsspel - Retired/Disconnected
9th - Maximusmonster - Retired

TA 2 Poster 1.jpg

Flaco was in a class of one in this race! I qualified 4th and got a good start, blasting off the line into 2nd. Unfortunately I got a three second penalty at the chicane and when the power came back in the car slewed sideways resulting in several lost places. I went for an early pit stop as my rhythm was lost and slowly gained places to finish 5th.

TA 2 Poster 2.jpg

Picture 1 Makovics and Lex Lathor's Dodge Challenger's being passed on the line by Sick's black Ford. 2 Smiley passes Max silver Camaro. 3 Sick Cylinder's black Ford Mustang Mach 1. 4 Danielsspel Trans Cammer gets off the line.

TA 2 Poster 3.jpg

1 Smiley Ford, Lex and Makovics Dodges with Sick and Flaco ahead in Ford's. 2 Tony Lomas Ford. 3 Makovics Dodge. 4 Sick Ford leads the pack , but Flaco is already out of shot!

Trans Am 2 Results
1st - Flaco - Ford
2nd - Makovics - Dodge
3rd - Lex Lathor - Dodge

4th - Danielsspel - Trans Cammer
5th - Sick Cylinder - Ford
6th - Pimiki - Pymouth
7th - SmileyWRX - Ford
8th - Maximusmonster - Chevrolet
9th - Tony Lomas - Ford

Championship tables to follow in separate post

Next Round 5 = Deep Forest (Forward)

Last edited:
Tony, when I think about it, maybe I didn't see you either. Anyway I have no idea what place I where in, except probably pretty low down! :-)

I do find that after I spin off the car seems undriveable for a few seconds. I don't know if its supposed to be like that or its just a heavy angry accelerator foot.

When using the real grip setting in a online room, the game simulates dirty tyres when you return to the road after an excursion onto the gravel/grass. It takes a few seconds for them to clean themselves. So don't floor the accelerator!
The effect can be seen if you've got an open wheeler - you can see the tyres go "dirty" and then after awhile they gradually return to the normal colour.
I think the effect can be reproduced for practicing offline by setting the grip to real in the track settings option. Not sure about the arcade mode though.

When using the real grip setting in a online room, the game simulates dirty tyres when you return to the road after an excursion onto the gravel/grass. It takes a few seconds for them to clean themselves. So don't floor the accelerator!
The effect can be seen if you've got an open wheeler - you can see the tyres go "dirty" and then after awhile they gradually return to the normal colour.
I think the effect can be reproduced for practicing offline by setting the grip to real in the track settings option. Not sure about the arcade mode though.

Yes, in arcade time trial mode you can set the track edge to real. I still don't like it though, especially when it looks like I only went over paint and astroturf. :) Its the same for everyone though, so no complaints.

Sick, it looks like I'll be away for the weekend so I won't be able to race on Sunday. Sorry.

Back