TRANS AM & CAN AM / Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST: CHAMPIONS Flaco T7 & Lex Lathor TA1 & 2Finished 

Thanks Smiley - must be a mistake. I will check and put the corrected tables up tomorrow by edit.

PS Is that your motorcycle in your avatar picture? Nice bike - is it a Suzuki GSXR 600?

Was my last GSX-R bike yes thank you.
GSX-R 750 only :bowdown: for me. Think i had all models from 1992 to 2003.

Then after my best friend lost his life on GSX-R 600:scared::nervous:, switched to twin cylinder.

Love the sound, cornering and torque, so finished on Suzuki TL 1000S.

Now motocross - but looking arround again to make a custom bike by myself from another Suzuki - SV 1000 lol.

Cafe racer classic style ;) like the pic (but 1000cc), black stripes, red and white colour, Lucky Strike logo and number 34 :bowdown:

SV 1000.jpg

Maximusmonster races Motocross and I think Whispercrew /Jbaffoh used to - there may be some other bike racers here![/QUOTE]
I'm no racer, but I have a few two wheelers in my garage, mostly mopeds and 125:s had over 60 bikes of all sorts since the moped days, never grew out of it!:-) built myself a ratbike from some old Mc now with a Yamaha dt50 engine. Hope the picture comes up, don't really know what I'm doing! :-D

Attachments

• IMG_20150109_190200.JPG
    IMG_20150109_190200.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
That's a shame John and Rehdogg, but hopefully it will be a good meeting today and hopefully we will be joined by a new racer - if so please make him welcome and give each other some space. Zahara is a long track so please be patient with the overtaking.

I just tried out my Trans Am 2 Ford Mach 1 Mustang with the Xande tune and it feels great.

As the races are shorter than normal today I will increase the length of qualifying.

See you on track shortly!

Was testing the equipment, YouTube kept stopping so it didn't work as well as I had hoped. If I do upload anything it'd only be from my view, slow and bouncing off the walls after this week showed lol.

Ok, I´m no expert in this stuff but if you got the equipment you theoretically could record; edit and upload videos from Replays, right?

edit: Or at least keep the streamed video up on youtube?

Race Report Poster.jpg

Above cars fly over one of Zahara's biggest crests. The racing was intense, the action plentiful, but apologies for the poor photos - this circuit only has a single camera location which always points at the rear of the car!

TA1 Poster.jpg

Trans Am 1 Results
1st - Flaco - Mercury Cougar - will be guest driver for Nissan at Round 3 (Willow Springs, Big Willow)
2nd - GKGamer - Mercury Cougar - will be guest driver for Nissan at Round 3
3rd - Lex Lathor - Pontiac Tempest

4th - Emotional Rekz - Mercury Cougar
5th - Danielsspel - Pontiac Tempest
6th - Ning Dynasty - Pontiac Tempest
7th - Sick Cylinder - Mercury Cougar
8th - SmileyWRX - Nissan Bluebird
9th - Makovics - Nissan Bluebird
10th - Tony Lomas - Mercury Cougar
11th - Maximusmonster - Alfa Romeo
12th - BTH Pimiki - Alfa Romeo

Race impressions - The mercury Cougar was a joy to drive at this track. The Nissan Bluebird's and Alfa Romeo's were at a distinct disadvantage at this high speed track with its emphasis on acceleration. It will be interesting to see how they compare at the next round at Willow Springs. The Alfa Romeo team also lost points due to the absence of star drivers Rehdogg and Ryan Racer.

TA2 Poster 1.jpg

Above, Picture 1 Maximusmonster silver Chevrolet Camaro swoops downhill. Picture 2 Ning Dynasty blue Ford Mustang Trans Cammer and Makovics green Dodge Challenger had a bit of a "ding dong". Picture 3 Danielsspel challenges and eventually passes Sick Cylinder Ford Mustang Mach 1. Picture 4 action was fast, but mostly gentlemanly!

Below, Pictures 1 and 3 slightly chaotic start towards the back of the grid. Picture 2 Max spins Camaro allowing Sick to pass in Mustang Mach 1.

Race impressions - the Mustang Mach 1 was lovely to drive at this track with steering being done as much on the throttle and brakes as through the wheel. The Xande tune was excellent at coping with landings from the jumps, but I did err on the side of caution as it's a heavy car.

TA2 Poster 2.jpg

Trans Am 2 Results
1st - Flaco - Ford Mustang Mach 1
2nd - Lex Lathor - Dodge Challenger
3rd - SmileyWRX - Mach 1

4th - GKGamer - Mach 1
5th - Sick Cylinder - Mach 1
6th - Makovics - Dodge Challenger
7th - Danielsspel - Ford Mustang Trans Cammer
8th - Emotional Rekz - Mach 1
9th - Maximusmonster - Chevrolet Camaro
10th - Ning Dynasty - Trans Cammer
11th - BTH Pimiki - Plymouth Cuda
12th - Tony Lomas - Mach 1

The Plymouth Cuda team really suffered with the absence of star drivers Rehdogg and Ryan Racer.

Can Am Poster.jpg

The Toyota 7 was superb at this track and 2 laps was a very enjoyable distance - unfortunately I lost concentration half way through the second lap and slipped from 5th to 7th, but driving this incredible car (even though only in a game) gives a new and increased respect to the heroes who drove Group 7 unlimited sports cars in Japan, the European Interserie and the Can Am championship - COME ON POLYPHONY DIGITAL - we need more great open topped Group 7 sports cars like this - Nissan R382, McLaren M8, M6, M1, Shadow DN4 and DN2, Lola T70 Spyder and T260, Ferrari 712, Chaparral 2C, 2E, 2F etc, etc.

Can Am by Toyota 7 Results
1st - Flaco - the man was on fire at this meeting with 3 wins from 3 starts!
2nd - SmileyWRX - 3 podiums from 3 starts!
3rd - Makovics

4th - Lex Lathor

Championship points tables to follow.

We had mercifully few disconnections and 12 drivers finished all three races. Next round 3 from Willow Springs, Big Willow - Trans Am 2 is the main event with a 25 minute race.

Last edited:
Championship Points Tables after Round 2 Zahara - next round is at Willow Springs (Big Willow).

Trans Am 1 Points Table.jpg
Trans Am 2 Points Table.jpg
Can Am Points.jpg

All drivers please feel welcome to add your race impressions and photos etc to the thread - it is a shame that Ace Lensman IfAndOr, Whispercrew and Racercad were not with us to share in the action.

Last edited:
I decided that it was time to take some photo's again. :)

Trans Am 1 race - A lot of american muscle there.

Circuito de la Sierra_1.jpg

Circuito de la Sierra_2.jpg

Miki's Alfa is flying!

Circuito de la Sierra_3.jpg

Trans Am 2 - A lot of horses about to bolt!

Circuito de la Sierra_4.jpg

It produces some close and sometimes frantic racing.

Circuito de la Sierra_5.jpg

Circuito de la Sierra_6.jpg

Circuito de la Sierra_8.jpg

Can Am race - Spot your helmet!

Circuito de la Sierra_9.jpg

Smiley initially leads the flying Flaco. (despite having a flat tyre? lol)

Circuito de la Sierra_10.jpg

Nice pictures Tony and Sick. It's great for me to see the cars in action. 👍 And if there's a chance of some YouTube replays, even better.

@Sick Cylinder - For TA2 the only car that I have somewhere near setup and ready is a Cuda. If and when I do get a chance do you mind me jumping in with this? (I know I'm not down for it but I find it OK to drive).
TA1 - I still have the "cab"
T7 - Haven't got it. But I might part exchange my 2D for one!

I also have a nice premium 1970 Chevrolet Nova SS ready - maybe a guest appearance!?

Has you know it depends on circumstances whether I can make an appearance anyway, so it's not worth me setting up all the cars. But at least if I've got some cars to use I'd be ready.

Stupid assed internet! Thought I would have a chance to get a few points today, but obviously not :@

I still need to watch the replays to this might not be completely accurate, but my reflections on last nights races...
With the seasonals being at Willow Springs this week, I actually got some good practice in. I also learnt a bit more about car set up. I've found that I don't like LSD :)
Whenever, I tuned a car before, I've basically added everything and then fiddled with stuff. This time I forgot to put the LSD onto my second Mach 1 (which was less powerful than my main race one) and I found that I could drive it much more consistently.
It seems that the main difference is that I now have a lot more understeer and less oversteer. I know that's the easier and probably slower of the two, but I'd take lapping half a second slower over spinning off an losing 10 seconds!
So now my Cougar and Mustang drive more like a 4wd car (what I drive in real life). Lots of understeer unless you get really silly with the power then you get oversteer. It's kind a mixed blessing, I drive more consistently, but whereas I used to blame the 'stupid car' for spinning off, it's now all my fault as I slowly drift wide into the sand.

So onto the races....
In the Trans Am 1, I was pleased with my qualifying in 8th. Even though I think my cougar is a faster car than the Alfa's and the Nissan's. I got a great start too, passing the a few cars that were in front of me. I guess Smiley had an issue at the start because I suddenly found myself in third behind Lex and NingDynasty. I tried to keep up but they were a bit quick, then Rehdogg was closing in behind me. I think I was nervous being so far up the order and looking in my mirrors too much as I drifted off and spun out. Letting Rehdogg and a couple of others go past. Then I was racing with Flaco for a few laps in his bluebird it was good fun. His better driving vs my superior top speed. In the end I was in front and pulling away nicely until Flaco's better driving won out and he passed me whilst I went cross country again!

The Trans Am 2 I managed to qualify 8th again so still pleased. Again I made a good start and was passing cars, until I went through a gap that meant two tyres were on the sand and I spun. I really should be more patient at the start of these races. I did find that the car was more manageable than last week though.

The Can Am race I qualified 7th so about the same considering there were a couple of people missing the last race. However, by now I'm sure there was sand all over the track. At the start I managed to spin just by changing gears! I thought I'd took out all 3 cars near me but watching the reply it looks like they just spun on the same slippery sand, although my spinning and smoking may have distracted them. It took me 3 attempts before I could get going in a straight line. I was lapped by about the 3rd lap and still spinning on the last lap. More practice required!

All in all mixed feelings. Pleased with better handling cars, and enjoyed some good battles. Very frustrated at my own mistakes though.

Race Report Poster.jpg
TA 1 Poster.jpg

Trans Am 1
1st - SmileyWRX - Mercury Cougar (Drives Nissan Bluebird at Round 4)
2nd - Ning Dynasty - Pontiac Tempest (Drives Nissan Bluebird at Round 4)
3rd - Rehdogg - Alfa Romeo

4th - Pimiki - Alfa Romeo
5th - Lex Lathor - Pontiac Tempest
6th - Flaco - Nissan Bluebird
7th - Sick Cylinder - Mercury Cougar
8th - GKGamer - Nissan Bluebird
9th - Tony Lomas - Mercury Cougar
10th - Maximusmonster - Alfa Romeo
11th - John Wells - Alfa Romeo
12th - Danielsspel - Pontiac Tempest - Disconnected

Race Impressions - like others I got some practise at this track doing the new seasonal event. The Mercury Cougar was lovely to drive at this circuit and could be held flat out most of the time. I had a bad start - drivers in front were a bit slow off the line so I had to turn the car to avoid hitting them and unfortunately lost places while I came off the power. Excellent driving by Smiley, Ning, Rehdogg and Pimiki and a valiant effort by the Nissan guest drivers Flaco and GKGamer to do so well in the slowest car.

Trans Am 2 Poster 1.jpg

Above Ning was a bit slow off the line so the cars behind bunched and in their efforts to avoid each other fishtailed. Smoky start (3). I got knocked off the track and Tony lost his Mach 1 in a big way coming across the front of Lex's Dodge (1) and facing the wrong way (2). My black and silver Mach 1 can be seen by the green wall in picture 2.

These cars and the Toyota 7 have massive power and acceleration and to get a good safe start really needs PD to stagger the rows differently so that cars 3 and 4 are behind 1 and 2, but have a straight run to the front if 1 and 2 get a bad start.

Trans Am 2
1st - SmileyWRX - Ford Mach 1
2nd - Lex Lathor - Dodge Challenger
3rd - Ning Dynasty - Ford Trans Cammer

4th - Pimiki - Plymouth Cuda
5th - Sick Cylinder - Ford Mach 1
6th - Flaco - Ford Mach 1
7th - Rehdogg - Plymouth Cuda
8th - Maximusmonster - Chevrolet Camaro
9th - Tony Lomas - Ford Mach 1
10th - John Wells - Chevrolet Camaro
11th - GKGamer - Ford Mach 1 - Retired

Race Impressions - I'm very pleased with the setup of my Mach 1 which was by Xande and I think the gearing was spot on. Qualifying went well, but there was a problem at the start so I dropped to last place after an off track excursion. I tried to drive smoothly and get the first set of tyres to last as long as possible - I think possibly some people stopped too early or perhaps twice as I was able to make up places and finish with a reasonable result. After last week when I had trouble with the second set of tyres I focussed on driving cautiously with the second set and was amazed to find that my lap times improved and I got a fastest lap on the second set. The lap times went off a lot more than normal relative to the values on the tyre wear indicator (about 4 seconds with only moderate tyre wear). Overall really enjoyed this race.

Can Am Poster.jpg

Can Am by Toyota 7
1st - Lex Lathor
2nd - Rehdogg
3rd - SmileyWRX

4th - Pimiki
5th - Sick Cylinder
6th - Maximusmonster
7th - John Wells
8th - Ning Dynasty
9th - Tony Lomas

Race Impressions - I qualified last and paid the penalty of not practising with the car on this track. At the start I decided to start in 3rd gear, but lost control of the car with too much wheelspin - at the same time a few others also came off the track right in front of the Toyota hoarding. I enjoy this car tremendously even though I'm not good at driving it - hopefully PD will add some more Group 7 cars to the game, which given their very high power and low weight would be challenging, but satisfying to drive. I thought I was going to avoid being lapped, as I had in the other races, but just as I approached the line, Lex Lathor and Rehdogg rushed past in a blur!

News
GKGamer and Ning Dynasty are promoted from Reserve to Permanent Driver status. Ryan Racer has left the series to concentrate on other race series - you are welcome back any time Ryan!

Next Round 4 Suzuka East and Suzuka
Trans Am 1 - Suzuka East 15 Minutes
Trans Am 2 - Suzuka 15 Minutes
Can Am by Toyota 7 - Suzuka 25 Minutes

Last edited:
Back